• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sonny Bill and Rocky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Always wondered how you could be so proud of a country you don't want to live in.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Yeah its bullshit. Whenever you accuse people like that of not really loving their country, they say you're not as cultured as them or some bullshit. A few mates I had pissed me off with their whole "life in the UK is wonderful" crap - I'm sure it was a great experience, but at the end of the day they were all hanging out at Shepherd's Bush with all the other Aussies/Kiwis/Saffers and claiming how much better it was back home because the weather was shit and the only good thing was the beer.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Had the same thing when I was there. Couldn't understand why someone would move to London to hang out with hAussies, work with Aussies and live with Aussies. They could of stayed home earned more money, paid less rent and enjoyed a lot more sunshine.

If you're going to move around the other side of the world to experience another culture for Fucksake try to experience the culture.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
It was Leeds and Bath for me. Stayed right away from London.

And living in Yorkshire did involve learning another language at times.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
If the ARU did chase SBW, and offered him more than the likes of Ioane I would be extremely pissed off.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
At this point, my personal belief is they're always going to waste money on some useless blazer brigade bullshit, so why not on players?

As long as we win some fucking cups.

S

Spook

Back up the truck boys..Not all of us who live O/S want to be there :'(

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I dare say that plenty of the kiwis in Oz come for the opportunities it provides. Similarly, most of the Australians overseas go for the opportunities. However, that doesnt mean we sell our passport and resign our citizenship when we board the flight. That is a pretty myopic point of view.

You can also love things about where you live whilst still feeling somewhere else is home. Alternatively, you can feel that you dont really belong anywhere.

F

formeropenside

Cutter said:
I dare say that plenty of the kiwis in Oz come for the opportunities it provides. Similarly, most of the Australians overseas go for the opportunities. However, that doesnt mean we sell our passport and resign our citizenship when we board the flight. That is a pretty myopic point of view.

You can also love things about where you live whilst still feeling somewhere else is home. Alternatively, you can feel that you dont really belong anywhere.

Most of the Australians only go overseas for a few years. Most of the New Zealanders in Oz never go back to NZ.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Most of the New Zealanders in Oz never go back to NZ.

Yeah & get a thucker keewee accent every year bro.

Kiwi girl I know was speaking to another Kiwi who actually was moving back home & she was "yah how cool your so lucky, oohh I'm jealous" .

I just said to her that it's not that hard to go back also, if life over there is so much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.