• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

berrablue

Frank Nicholson (4)
Waratahs and Reddies should be wary of Tumut. They seem to building nicely. It would be good to see them do well in the top six.

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
Waratahs and Reddies should be wary of Tumut. They seem to building nicely. It would be good to see them do well in the top six.

I think that each club in the top 4 at the moment are looking over their shoulders at each other! Waratahs got the fright of their life yesterday I might add!!
Griffith have been very disappointing for at least a month now & I guess I tipped them to be premiership contenders on the assumption that Vunibaka and Rawqua would be able to carry them.
The new additions to Tumut's backline have pushed them right into the premiership conversation. Their forwards are dominant & now they have some very handy players in the backs to compliment that.
Now for the crystal ball...I think that the split round robin will perhaps re structure the top 4 before heading into the finals. The thing that Waratahs & CSU have in their favour perhaps is depth. Their 2nd grade teams are also leading the competition & both clubs have some real quality to call upon. Call me stupid but I'll make a prediction now..Heading into the finals I think it will be.... 1.Waratahs, 2.Albury, 3.CSU & 4.Tumut. Young & Griffith to finish 5th & 6th.

Thoughts?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Call me stupid but I'll make a prediction now..Heading into the finals I think it will be.. 1.Waratahs, 2.Albury, 3.CSU & 4.Tumut. Young & Griffith to finish 5th & 6th.

Thoughts?

Righto Stupid:)

It's a mathematical possibility for Young and Griffith to both make the Premier Division, but for me there are way too many variables that will affect the outcome for the teams that are in the mix.

The poor coaches at the moment must have their abacus working overtime as the possibilities are really astounding over the next two rounds and I reckon we won't know who is where until after the Final Round.

We are really strapping ourselves in for an amazing final two rounds of the regular season!

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
Righto Stupid:)

It's a mathematical possibility for Young and Griffith to both make the Premier Division, but for me there are way too many variables that will affect the outcome for the teams that are in the mix.

The poor coaches at the moment must have their abacus working overtime as the possibilities are really astounding over the next two rounds and I reckon we won't know who is where until after the Final Round.

We are really strapping ourselves in for an amazing final two rounds of the regular season!

Ha, not the first time I have been called stupid! Thick skin mate!

I have also had my abacus out this afternoon & all I can say is that bonus points will become imperative for those fighting for positions 4, 5, 6 before the split. Hopefully so much so, that try's not penalty goals get preference in the minds of those captains.
It looks as though my next two Saturdays are set. Both out at the Uni & 3 grades for each weekend!
Aggies V Tumut - Both fighting for their respective places in the top 6. Tumut on a roll & a desperate Aggies at home.
CSU v Waratahs - likely to decide minor premier.

I may be stupid, but I'll stick by my top 4 after the split.
1.Waratahs, 2.Albury, 3.CSU & 4.Tumut.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Moment of truth coming up for Wagga City this Saturday when they take on Waratahs - a loss will almost certainly see them play in the Romano's Cup Competition this year which is a long way off their lofty ambitions at the start of the season. The Boiled Lollies Seem to be a Club that just hasn't got that killer instinct when required.The players and the coaching staff will come under pressure with another loss this Saturday

FLasH

Bob McCowan (2)
Looks like Wagga city will be bumped off out of finals contention. Its hard to see them beat Waratahs this w.e. I backed City to make the finals this year alas they just dont have the guidance and mungrel to knock over crucial wins. Waratahs forward pack will be too strong if city continue to pick the same forward pack they have been, aside from rambo lagaalii who (from talk around town) has been carrying the forward pack in terms of physicality and shear will to be a menace at the breakdowns.

Tom Waters

Frank Row (1)
Please lend a hand. We are trying to track down Mick Small, we are a club from out of your zone, looking for a coach that can pull a team together and get some emotion out of the players. We watched Brumbies Provincial Last year and were very impressed with him, when asking some players they were wrapped with him. Also got told he'd done some great things with a struggling club who, by looking at this forum,are apparently struggling this season without him. Got told he worked in car sales, rang around until we found the place but he's not there anymore. Also got told that he didn't coach your rep team this year, has he left the area?

Tom Waters

Frank Row (1)
Thanks for that, I tried the club website linked to the SIRU page and it didn't seem to work. Someone else is trying Facebook, will see how that goes.
At least we know he is still around the area now, cheers.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2014 Round Ten Preview:
Strap yourselves in folks; the rollercoaster is about to rock and roll for the next two weeks of the competition. You’ll need a CPA accreditation to work out all the possibilities in that mid-table bunch on the ladder. For the simpler fan, the easy solution is for their team to win games – it’s about the only way that a number of teams can secure their place in the Premier Division!
I've softed out and tipped two matches of the round this week as it’s just too hard to separate the importance of the two games that I have picked. Whilst all the games are important, it’s very nearlyGrand Final stuff for the four clubs involved in this week’s Matches of the Round!
Temora (9) v CSU (2)
While the Tuskers are not in the hunt for the Premier Division, they have put in some solid efforts and come very close to bagging some big scalps during the regular season. CSU should be wary of the boys from T-Town this week and will need to work hard to bag a win out at Temora Recreation Ground.
Waratahs (1) v City (8)
These two traditional rivals will be looking for points in this one for different reasons. City need competition points to make the Premier Division while Tahs will have their eyes on the Minor Premiership.
Pressure will be on Curgenven and Wrafter to show their skills against Stanton and Binks in the backline. James Curgenven has been impressive with his kicking prowess while Jayden Stanton has been hitting his straps at the right stage of the season. Hamish Wrafter and Matt Binks need to slot into their clubs again after some time off recently.
Jake Eaglesham will have his work cut out for himself playing against Rambo Lagaali in the backrow in what will be a highlight for the punters at Conolly Park. Will Dave Armstrong play a role this week?
Deni v Albury (3) – 2nd Grade Only
Griffith (7) v Young (5) – Match of the Round
Who would have thought that Griffith would be coming 7th at this stage of the competition? Sportsbet would be paying some good odds to anyone who could have tipped that one! Likewise, no punter would have had the Yabbies in 5th position either!
In all seriousness, this match will be a cracker. The Yabbies have been able to get out of jail on a number of occasions this season which will make the Blacks concentrate for the full 80mins.
The Blacks have got firepower across the park but the Yabbies have obviously found something within to grind it out for the match and get away with some close wins. From what I have seen of these teams this season, this match could well be decided by the benches. Griffith have fallen the past two weeks and won’t be keen on another loss this weekend, particularly not at home.
Leeton (10) v Coota (11)
Pride is on the line this weekend; plain and simple. Cootamundra will not be happy with their recent results but have been there or thereabouts in plenty of games this year which has been evidenced by some close losses and three bonus points on the ladder.
If the Bidgee Hurricanes or Leeton Greens have a bye this weekend it could spell trouble for the Tri-Colours.
Ag College (6) v Tumut (4) – Match of the Round
While these two teams are in the Premier Division at the moment, they both know this can change in a heartbeat.
Scott Gibson and Christian Manuelevo have been a revelation for Tumut and have been able to put the polish on the Bulls so far this season. These guys will need to keep up their efforts this weekend against an Ag College side that is desperate for points.
Ag College have slipped from the lofty heights of recent years but are starting to settle at this stage of the season which is a good sign. I hear that Aggies will be missing some players this week which may hurt them.
TanianNaude was impressive on the rep program and needs to rally the troops against a tough and experienced Tumut forward pack. In recent years, the Bulls have had guys backing up for games, but this shouldn’t be an issue for them this week with the revival of the Bulls thirty thirds providing depth for their seconds which obviously helps out the First XVas well.
Bring on the weekend, I can’t wait til we know who sits where late Saturday afternoon!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Can anyone confirm if Tim Davidson was having a run for the Yabbies last week? If so, the SIRU Competition can boast Vunibaka, Rawaqa and Davidson running around in 2014 - not a bad effort!

nipnipnip

Frank Nicholson (4)
Davo had a trot round in 2nd grade last week for the Yabs. He was kind enough to bench for first grade as well, there is no ego what so ever. It's great to see a home grown talent like that come back and share it with the club.

berrablue

Frank Nicholson (4)
I know it is an outside chance but it would be great to see Young sneak into the top six. Massive improvement from these guys. Will be interesting to see if they have the muscle to go with Griffith.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2014 Results
FIRST GRADE:
Waratahs 25 bt City 24
Ag College 29 bt Tumut 26
Temora 17 bt CSU 12
Griffith 45 bt Young 38
Coota 43 bt Leeton 5

Top Eight looks like this:
Waratahs 42
CSU 38
Albury 33
Tumut 28
Ag College 27
Griffith 27
Young 25
City 21

Check the SIRU Website on Monday for full ladders, points differential will be important next week!

2nd Grade
Waratahs 14 d City 10, Tumut 15 d Ag College 12, Young 14 d Griffith 10, Coota 26 d Leeton 21, CSU 24 d Temora 5, Deniliquin 47 d Albury 7

3rd Grade
City 20 d Waratahs 0, Ag College 43 d Tumut 0
Under 17s
Waratahs 27 d City 17, Leeton 30 d Coota 0, Griffith 15 d Young 14
Womens'- 7-A-Side
Temora 41 d CSU 19, Albury 36 d Deniliquin 0

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Assuming no more surprises then the split should see
Waratahs
CSU
Albury
Tumut
Griffith
Aggies

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Assuming no more surprises then the split should see
Waratahs
CSU
Albury
Tumut
Griffith
Aggies

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
My calculations have Griffith on 26pts not 27pts as indicated above because Griffith were only on 21 pts before yesterday's matches ??- Good old City went agonisly close to upsetting the Waratahs at Conolly yesterday-We had Waratahs on the ropes but gave them the win in the end - City were unlucky in the fianl washup and were gutted but we got worse news after the match to hear that Aggies had knocked off Tumut with a bonus point win at the Uni. our Only hope for City now is to beat Aggies next Saturday & score 4 tries in the process and hope that Griffith doesn't get any Conmpetition points against Coota next Saturday at Illabo ???

berrablue

Frank Nicholson (4)
Can anyone shed any light on why it's taken this long for Temora to pull there finger out? The tahs boys said they were tough as nails and attacked well last week and then they beat Reddies this week. A deliberate ploy to keep the Romanos Cup in Temora??

Status
Not open for further replies.