• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIS

Frank Row (1)
Can anyone shed any light on why it's taken this long for Temora to pull there finger out? The tahs boys said they were tough as nails and attacked well last week and then they beat Reddies this week. A deliberate ploy to keep the Romanos Cup in Temora??

Ease up on the Tanking Talk, Berra Blue.....

The Tuskers would love to be playing Premier Division this season. That was their Goal at the start of the season, so the position that they find themselves in is a massive disappointment rest assured!

Whilst the Tuskers more or less have the same team as 2013, they are without the services of lynch pin and five eight, Bill McCrone, who has been the brains of the Temora outfit for the last 7 or 8 years.

Unfortunaltely, its taken a little longer for the team to adapt, than Coach Apenisa Tudulu would have liked, but its starting to come together now, with the performances against Waratahs and Rivcoll the result.

Plus they are notoriously slow starters each year, but they appear to be hitting their straps now.

Look out Steamers this weekend!

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You can Put Temora in the same Category as Tumut in recent years- always slow starters but good finishers but alas it is in the Romano's Cup.Tumut did something about it in the pre season and got much fitter & look where they have ended up this year- I think there is a message in there somewhere

berrablue

Frank Nicholson (4)
Ha. Very much tongue in cheek re Tuskers aiming for Romanos cup glory. No doubt they would of been aiming for the top tier and would of definitely not been making up the numbers had they got there. I like the current competition format but it definitely does not favour the slow starters.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2014 Round Eleven Preview:
The final round before the split, when we can all take a breath before the Premier and First Division’s kick off next weekend. There is also a lot happening around the zone in terms of charity days etc with CSU and City hosting their annual Ladies Day outings in support of the Amie St Clair Melanoma Trust, the Cootamundra Tri-Colours are also hosting their annual “Illabo Ambush” and the Tumut Bulls have been forced to move their home game to “Twickenham” as council have closed Jarrah Park due to the recent wet weather.

CSU (2) v Waratahs (1) – Match of the Round
Could this game be a Grand Final Preview? Possibly, but who knows, the competition has been very close all year and I would expect the Premier Division to be no different.

Waratahs have been hit by a number of injuries but appear to have the depth to cover them at the moment. If there are many more injuries though, they may find themselves in trouble. This would surely be worrying coach Palmer as they strive to maintain top position on the ladder and must be having some effect on consistency across the season.

Jayden Stanton and Paul Hood will be a good match up, the young pup and the old bull? From what I have seen this season, the Waratahs set piece has been solid, their backs have also been reasonably handy. CSU have issues in the front row, but their forwards are effective around the park and they have backs who can apply pressure when they need to. Sterling Ross and Jake Eaglesham will be key contributors in the forwards, both these guys love running the ball which will be good to see.

The big improver for CSU this season has been Justin Wakeling’s pass which has helped spark a number of backline assaults this year. His efforts could prove to be a key ingredient for the Reddies against their old foes. The experience that he and Paul Hood have will be crucial to the outcome of this match as will Hood’s deft kicking skills. With a greasy track on the cards tomorrow, expect kicking to play a key role at Beres Ellwood Oval.

CSU and Waratahs encounters have been enthralling in recent years, this weekend will be another in chapter in the history of Waratahs v CSU.

Albury (3) v Temora (9)
Potentially a danger game for the Steamers, although a wet track and cold conditions could play into their hands. Murrayfield is a truly awful ground to play at in the wet and this weekend will really challenge both teams handling skills.

My sources tell me that the Tuskers forward pack has been showing some form lately, but for me this game will be decided in the back lines. Richard Manion will be hard to stop and his guile in wet conditions should give the Steamers an upper hand here. Having said that, if the Steamers kicking game is inaccurate and the Tuskers can counter attack well, the Steamers could find themselves in trouble.

Young (7) v Deniliquin – 2nd Grade Only

Coota (10) v Griffith (6)
Wagga City will be hoping for a solid showing from the Tri-Colours against a Blacks outfit that is starting to find some form after a recent slump. The Blacks will be keen to continue their winning ways as a win this weekend seals their place in the Premier Division and would be good for them to prepare for the top tier competition.

Tumut (4) v Leeton (11)
A tough gig for the Phantoms on their biggest road trip of the season, into the hills in the cold and rain!

City (8) v Ag College (5)
This game will be a cracker and will have both teams fighting it out for the full 80mins. Wagga City pushed Waratahs all the way last week and will need to approach this game with an attacking mindset if they are any chance of playing in the Premier Division.

Some punters were surprised to see Ag College get up over Tumut – I’m not sure what to make of that as I haven’t seen Aggies this year yet, I do know that Peter Armstrong has been a settling influence on the club as a whole and his arrival at the Uni could be a turning point for them.

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
Really enjoy the previews @yourmatesam. Appreciate the time you put in. Looking out the window, I'm going to put my driza-bone and gumboots on I think, as I head out to the Uni for today's top of the table clash.

My tips for this week...

Waratahs - On the back of a superior set piece. Weather conditions also probably suits the Tah's as their forwards will prefer to slug it out.

Albury - Playing at MurrayField. That's all I can come up with, as I have heard the same comment from punters about Temora's forward pack in their last two outings against Tah's and CSU. They are "bullies"!!

Coota - Have to have a smokey! The travel from the MIA and weather conditions will play into the hands of the wattle lads.

Wagga City - Big day at CRP with Pink Ladies Day. Unlucky last week.

Tumut - Despite a hiccup last week, building into a genuine premiership contender at the right time of year.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2014 Round Eleven Results:
FIRST GRADE:
Waratahs 22 d CSU 13,
Albury 38 d Temora 21,
Griffith 26 d Coota 5,
City 33 d Ag College 17,
Tumut 58 d Leeton 5

2nd Grade
CSU 10 d Waratahs 8, Wagga City 36 d Ag College 7, Griffith 57 d Cootamundra 7, Albury 29 d Temora 17, Tumut 24 d Leeton 0, Young 7 d Deniliquin 5

3rd Grade
City 23 d Ag College 19, CSU 17 d Waratahs 0, Hay 12 d Young 7

Under 17s

Coota 12 drew with Griffith 12, Temora 30 d Albury 0

Womens'- 7-A-Side
Wagga City 25 d Ag College 17, Temora 20 d Albury 17

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
I think that I may have witnessed a GF rehearsal this afternoon out at the UNI. Although, I think Albury and Tumut may have something to say about that!! 22-13 was the end result, but I can tell you it was a lot closer than that.
The weather did suit Waratahs, as they played most of their rugby in the tight 5. Their scrum was dominant also. Their pick and drive was effective and at one point while camped in the CSU 22m, they honestly must have had 15 phases.
CSU definitely had the better line-out and pinched a number of Tah's throws. Their forwards did hold their own around the park. CSU's lateral game was hindered by the weather. However, they sent the ball wide in the opening minutes to signal that Mother Nature wasn't going to dictate their game!
The forwards battle was rather epic in parts and around the park looked pretty even. Some of the individual battles were great to watch like Ross & Eaglesham or Stanton & Hood and Tracey and Fealy. However the weather inhibited the centres show down, where there was two complete contrasts in style on offer.
On a dry deck, I really think it is a flip of the coin!! Maybe edging towards CSU...
Bring on the split rounds.

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
When the concept of the split system of the SIRU competition was introduced a few years ago, I must admit I privately was a little sceptical. However, I have come to realise and appreciate it how good it is and I know clubs really embrace it. 5 tough games in a row, really sorts the men from the boys.
I know the DA & the competition ladder dictates that CSU v Albury is the match of the round, but I have a different opinion. I'm focusing on the Walsh & Blair only, cant spend too long at work on G&GR!!
My tips.....

Tumut v Ag College - My match of the round. I think if Ag College win they jump into contention for Walsh & Blair Finals, however if they loose it will almost certainly be the Romano's Cup again for the students. Tumut were once considered the dark horse for the premiership, but now are well and truly in the spotlight. They have quality all over the park with very solid forwards and classy backs and playing at home will only fire them up more. I am thinking of taking a drive into the mountains to watch this one on Saturday.
Tip - Tumut by <10

CSU v Albury - Tough to pick a winner here. CSU coming off two defeats in their last two matches & Albury on the rise. This game has significance in the ladder positions of both teams. Who ever is on the wrong end of the scoreboard tomorrow will be under serious pressure to make the all important top 2, while the winner will effectively place them a game ahead in 2nd spot. I did say last week CSU may play in a GF, but I think if they can't get over Albury this week I will have to retract that statement. My tip is based on CSU playing at the Uni. Only.
Tip - CSU by 1.

Griffith v Waratahs - Although not overly impressive last week against the students, Waratahs did enough to win. I guess you could say they did what they had to do. They will be the first to admit that they did not put in a real polished performance. I agree with their coach Palmer, if they take Griffith lightly they could be in for a tough afternoon. I am still holding out hope that Griffith will hit its straps soon, but my hope is fading. I think Griffith will play some good rugby and will test Waratahs at times, but overall, the Wagga club will have too much class and be more consistent with their play.
Tip - Waratahs by <15

I know it is only the first week of the split round, but I think if certain results go one way or another, the make up of our finalists will be much more clear and some clubs will be under immense pressure.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2014 Round Twelve Preview:
So, it’s finally here – the split competition is upon us now and it’s time for some even more competitive rugby over the next five rounds of the competition as teams duke it out for top billing within their respective divisions. Given how tight the 2014 competition is (check out Ag College For and Against), competition points over the next five rounds are really important. There is only one club who are certain to play finals football at this stage of the season, but if they take the remaining rounds lightly, it’ll spell trouble with a capital T.

Patchy showers across the Riverina and South Western Slopes and Plains is the tip from the BOM over the weekend but the teams should be well and truly on top of their wet weather football by now!

Premier Division:
Tumut (4) v Ag College (6)
After smarting from a loss to Wagga City last week, Aggies will be keen to make amends for the way things ended up on the scoreboard while the Bulls have everything laid out in front of them at the moment. These two teams only played each other two weeks ago with Ag College grabbing a win in the final moments of the match. Tumut will be prepared for a full 80min effort this week and this match should go down to the wire!

Griffith (5) v Waratahs (1)
Waratahs head out to the MIA tomorrow, wary of a Blacks outfit that are starting to find their feet after a few weeks of ordinary results. There is plenty of attacking prowess within the Griffith ranks and Waratahs will need to work hard to overcome this hurdle.

With a mounting injury list, Waratahs can’t afford any further additions to the hospital ward. Although Waratahs wound up convincing winners in their previous clash, Griffith have the ability to turn it on when it suits them and anything can happen at the Coro Club – building consistency in performance will be a key feature for the Blacks in the Premier Division.

CSU (2) v Albury (3) – Match of the Round
CSU bagged a win on the border the last time these teams met and arguably surprised the Steamers that day. While the wet weather that is tipped for this weekend will probably favour the Steamers, both teams have had plenty of experience in the wet and should take some of that confidence into this match.

An intriguing battle tomorrow will be watching Richard Manion and Paul Hood show their wares in the pivot role. These two guys have both been around for a while and know how to get their teams into attacking positions which will be important if it’s wet tomorrow. While the Steamers love playing at Murrayfield, it must be a relief for them to get to play on a ground with some grass on it this week!!

Reddies have lost Dugald Robertson to an accident with a randy ram on the farm which may pose some hassles for them in the tight stuff against a Steamers outfit that would see this as a strong feature of their game. This means Sterling Ross will need to lead the Reddies in the tight along with Declan Oke around the fringes. I’ll be interested to see if James Kora gets on the bus to Beres Ellwood this weekend, although he hasn’t been named in the starting XV, his presence on Saturday would be a big benefit to the Steamers.

Given the weather conditions, I think this match will be tight. If it’s wet, the game probably plays into the Steamers hands a bit, I would suggest fitness in the tight five will play a role (there’s going to be a few scrums tomorrow!) and the ability of the teams to relieve (or create) pressure through kicking.

First Division:
Deni v City (7) – 2nd Grade Only

Leeton (11) v Temora (9)
The Tuskers are starting to string some solid performances together at the moment and will need to start stringing some wins together in this stage of the season if they are serious about winning back to back First Division Premierships. My scouts tell me that Niko Degei has been playing the house down for the Tuskers at #8, he will need to be on his toes this week with guys like Bill Bevan and Jaryd Pattison in the Phantoms backrow.

Young (8) v Coota (10)
This will be a tough game, a local derby and one that will test both teams in some pretty boggy conditions at Cranfield Oval. The Yabbies have been the big improvers of the competition this year but will need to maintain the rage if the 2014 finals are a realistic option for them. While Cootamundra haven’t got a great winning record this season, they have shown enough to warn the teams in First Division not to take them lightly.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
When the concept of the split system of the SIRU competition was introduced a few years ago, I must admit I privately was a little sceptical. However, I have come to realise and appreciate it how good it is and I know clubs really embrace it. 5 tough games in a row, really sorts the men from the boys.
I know the DA & the competition ladder dictates that CSU v Albury is the match of the round, but I have a different opinion. I'm focusing on the Walsh & Blair only, cant spend too long at work on G&GR!!
My tips...

Tumut v Ag College - My match of the round. I think if Ag College win they jump into contention for Walsh & Blair Finals, however if they loose it will almost certainly be the Romano's Cup again for the students. Tumut were once considered the dark horse for the premiership, but now are well and truly in the spotlight. They have quality all over the park with very solid forwards and classy backs and playing at home will only fire them up more. I am thinking of taking a drive into the mountains to watch this one on Saturday.
Tip - Tumut by <10

CSU v Albury - Tough to pick a winner here. CSU coming off two defeats in their last two matches & Albury on the rise. This game has significance in the ladder positions of both teams. Who ever is on the wrong end of the scoreboard tomorrow will be under serious pressure to make the all important top 2, while the winner will effectively place them a game ahead in 2nd spot. I did say last week CSU may play in a GF, but I think if they can't get over Albury this week I will have to retract that statement. My tip is based on CSU playing at the Uni. Only.
Tip - CSU by 1.

Griffith v Waratahs - Although not overly impressive last week against the students, Waratahs did enough to win. I guess you could say they did what they had to do. They will be the first to admit that they did not put in a real polished performance. I agree with their coach Palmer, if they take Griffith lightly they could be in for a tough afternoon. I am still holding out hope that Griffith will hit its straps soon, but my hope is fading. I think Griffith will play some good rugby and will test Waratahs at times, but overall, the Wagga club will have too much class and be more consistent with their play.
Tip - Waratahs by <15

I know it is only the first week of the split round, but I think if certain results go one way or another, the make up of our finalists will be much more clear and some clubs will be under immense pressure.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
My tips...

Tip - Tumut by <10

Tip - CSU by 1.

Tip - Waratahs by <15

There are many positives to the split competition that SIRU runs and whilst it is ashame City & Young won't be fighting it out in the Walsh & Blair Cup this yera they get their chance again next year.In some seasons there is a very distinct Top 4, in others a very competitive and distinct Top 6 but this is the first year I can remember for a while where the Top 8 teams are competitive with each other and that leaves out Temora who beta CSU and were beaten on the bell by Waratahs !
The SIRU comp runs for 16 Competition Rounds (not too long and not too quick- perfect I reckon)
SIRU look as though they run a really organised comp and one of my mates who is a referee tells me they have got plenty of match officials each week to referee which is another healthy sign for the Competition.
Some great matches coming up in the next month or so and may the best team win

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2014 Round Twelve Results:
FIRST GRADE:
PREMIER DIVISION:
Griffith 32 bt Waratahs 29
Tumut 39 bt Ag College 5
Albury 41 bt CSU 14

FIRST DIVISION:
Coota 26 bt Young 7
Temora 70 bt Leeton 21

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
WOW!
Have Griffith hit their straps?
Tumut are the real deal...Trust me!
Albury building momentum at the right end of the season.
The big scores this weekend has really put some emphasis on the FOR & AGAINST. Particularly between CSU & Tumut in that all important 2nd /3rd position.
Interesting times ahead for a few clubs indeed.
Waratahs 50
Albury 43
CSU 38
Tumut 38
Griffith 36
Ag College 27

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I have the table as

Waratahs 48
Albury 43
Tumut 38
CSU 38
Griffith 36
Aggies 27

Maths, however is not a strong point. Next weeks 3 games will be critical for a couple of teams.

CSU v Aggies, Tumut v Griffith, Albury v Waratahs

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Mick McTaggart has put together a quick write up for the Brumbies Provincial Match tomorrow night at Canberra Stadium. Should be a tight encounter, the Provincial Team have got the wood over the Police, but they matches have all been very tight.

From what I have seen of the Police outfit, the starting XV are all very handy, but chinks appear in their armour later in the game when it comes time to sub on some reserves. This should be a cracker of a game if you're heading over to watch the Brumbies get up over the Force tomorrow night!

http://southerninland.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id=206851

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
Another cracking weekend of matches awaits. With only a bonus point win separating 2nd from 4th and then only 5th position only a couple further back, wins are a premium this weekend for all Walsh & Blair clubs. As with last weekend, if particular results go one way or another, the top four will be shuffled around yet again. I've got the feeling our top 4 finalists in Walsh & Blair will not be decided until about 5pm on August 9th.

Albury v Waratahs
Albury were brutal and clinical last week against CSU and really put them to the sword. They will be at home this weekend against a Waratahs outfit which was humbled by Griffith last week. All the ingredients for a clash on the border that could establish the premiership favourite. The rep game in Canberra will be a factor with both clubs featuring a number of players, both coaches would have their fingers crossed hoping for no injuries.
TIP - Albury <7

CSU v Ag College
I am reliably told it is the fiercest rivalry in all codes in the region. I would tend to agree. These games are always ripping affairs, regardless of ladder positions or form. Both the "Chalks" and "Aggies" really grow an extra feet or two for these ones. The rep game in Canberra could be of significance, as some of Ag Colleges's most important players will be backing up on Saturday. Will be getting out to the Uni early for a good seat on Saturday for this one.
TIP - CSU 10+

Tumut v Griffith
Both clubs coming of good wins and both both clubs needing a win. Tumut doesn't have anyone playing in the rep side, while Griffith have it's two best players running around in Canberra tonight. Coach Rogo has already said that Vunibaka and Rawaqa will start off the bench for Saturday. I'm of the opinion Griffith's chances live and die by how Vunibaka and Rawaqa back up on Saturday.This one will be close.
Tip - Griffith <10

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2014 Round Thirteen Preview:
While the Steamers hosting Waratahs is an easy pick for the Match of the Round this week, there are still plenty of important matches around the grounds in SIRU Rugby. CSU v Ag College will be important for the Premier Division while City v Coota will be important for all the teams in the First Division as they chase the top two spots in the second tier competition. Temora probably don’t want a bye at this stage of the competition as they are really maintaining good contact with the top two teams at the moment. I think we’ll see a topsy turvey ladder over the next few weeks as teams continue to jostle for position leading into the finals.

Round Thirteen is an interesting round in terms of venues too, with a double header on the cards at Conolly Park this weekend with Tumut and Griffith playing at a neutral venue due to the Round One washout at the Coro Club. This is Wagga City’s home game and they have generously waived the entry fees for this weekend’s 6 match blockbuster at Conolly Park.

The Brumbies Provincial Team will have some SIRU Coaches sweating on their players coming through unscathed this Friday night also (Griffith, Waratahs, Albury, Ag College all come to mind). Congratulations to all the SIRU players who have been selected in this match, it’s a really good opportunity to showcase what you’re made of on a higher stage, give it everything you’ve got!

PREMIER DIVISION:
CSU (4) v Ag College (6)
While the scoreline was well against CSU last week, there were enough positives to come out of that game for Coaches Wakeling and Spain to take into this traditional on campus grudge match against Aggies. CSU’s normally strong lineout may need some tweaking but their scrum was solid against a pretty handy Steamers pack which is a good sign for the students.

Reddies will be hurting with the loss of Justin Wakeling (collarbone) at halfback, who has been providing some good service to Paul Hood this season. The halves combinations will be an interesting match up this weekend with Jack Burey having spent some time on the sidelines recently and also poised to play for the Brumbies Provincial team, this could be an opportunity for the Reddies to exploit.

Albury (2) v Waratahs (1) – Match of the Round
This match could be a case of “last man standing” as there are a number of rep players backing up from the Brumbies Provincial Match on Friday night to trek back to Albury for what will be a tough hit out down at “Fortress Murrayfield”. No doubt Coaches Mick Raynes (Steamers) and Hugh Palmer (Waratahs) has taken this into consideration when planning for this match – and I’m sure both will have a cunning backup plan in place!

Tom Boyle has been making a good account of himself at hooker for the Steamers this season and will want to be on top of his game this weekend. The set-piece has been a key ingredient for Albury and they will have their work cut out for themselves against what is a pretty big Waratahs pack. Waratahs will need to dig deep to cover the loss of Chris Murray in the front row this weekend, although he has been ably replaced by the evergreen Mick Gooden in the front row.

Waratahs backline has shown enough this season to put the competition on notice, but have been hurt by injuries at key stages this year. At this stage of the competition, it’s the time to start solidifying combinations and positions which is not a luxury that they have had, now is the time to hit their straps. Manion leads his team well at 10 for the Steamers and will make sure he’s got his kicking boots on for this match.

Albury have potentially flown under the radar to a degree this season, but I would suggest that the spotlight will start shining a little brighter on the Steamers as they seem to be building at the right time of the year. Waratahs have felt the warm glow of the spotlight for the majority of the season after a first round loss to the Steamers in Wagga, some of this glow has potentially worn off but they have managed to keep plugging along at key moments in the competition.

Another wet weekend has been tipped for tomorrow and I would argue that this plays into the hands of the Steamers. Home ground advantage, stinking cricket pitch in the middle of the field and a large contingent of Waratahs having to back up after rep commitments might make the legs weary in the later stages of the match. Having said that, Waratahs forward pack have been setting a good platform for their backs to attack from and they take pride out of their effort on the field so the wet weather may actually play into their hands. I would tip that rolling subs will be the order of the day for both these clubs and the timing of these substitutions may actually be very important tomorrow.

Tumut (3) v Griffith (5) – Double Header @ Conolly Park Wagga
Will the Bulls be able to snatch a victory from the Blacks again? One would hope that the Blacks are on their toes for this match. Dan Rawaqa has not been present for Griffith in recent weeks after travelling back to the islands mid-season, I wonder how he will pull up after playing the Friday night for the Brumbies Provincial Team?

While the Bulls don’t have a team full of rep players, they definitely have a team that has found some spark this season. They snuck home against the Blacks last time round and will be keen to emulate that performance again.

FIRST DIVISION:
City (7) v Coota (10) – Double Header @ Conolly Park Wagga
A danger game for the Boiled Lollies no doubt. Although the Tri-Colours have had a slow start to the season, they are doing everything they can to bag a place in the First Division Finals Series and nothing would help that cause more than a win over Wagga City.

Missing out on the Premier Division by one competition point will have stung the City Men and will surely be a motivator against a determined Cootamundra outfit here. Wagga City need James Curgenven to come through Friday night unscathed to help guide them round the park in this one as I’m hearing good stories out of Cootamundra about their English 5/8.

Temora (9) v Deni – 2nd Grade Only

Leeton (11) v Young (8)
The Yabbies need to take maximum points here to keep some distance between themselves and the Tuskers who are only trailling the Yabbies by 3 competition points. The Phantoms will put up a gallant showing at home in this one and will be keen to take a scalp or two before the season is over.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2014 Round Thirteen Results:
PREMIER DIVISION:
FIRST GRADE:
Waratahs 40 bt Albury 15
Griffith 39 bt Tumut 17
CSU 26 bt Aggies 15

Second Grade:
CSU 21 bt Aggies 10; Waratahs 29 bt Albury 5; Griffith 29 bt Tumut 0

FIRST DIVISION:
FIRST GRADE:
City 55 bt Coota 12
Leeton 34 Young 34

Second Grade:
City 36 bt Coota 10; Young 31 bt Leeton 10; Deni 24 bt Temora 14

Third Grade:
City 26 bt Tumut 7; Aggies 14 bt CSU 5

Under 17's
City 15 bt Waratahs 12; Young 5 bt Temora 0

Women's:
CSU 14 bt Aggies 12; Temora 75 bt Deni 0; Leeton 21 bt Griffith 12

NEXT WEEK:

Premier Division:
Albury v Tumut, Waratahs v CSU, Ag College v Griffith

First Division:
Temora v City, Deni v Young, Coota v Leeton

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
1st Grade Ladder (I think!)
Waratahs 53
CSU 43
Albury 43
Griffith 41
Tumut 38
Ag College 27

A couple of things...
*The score line from the border looks rather ominous for the rest of the clubs in the mix.
*Has the sleeping giant awoken? (Griffith!)
*Ag College are surely now destined for First Division. Although I am sure the coaching staff will be using the term "mathematical chance..."
*What a comp we are being treated to this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.