• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/story/2063426/aggies-coach-almost-over-the-line/?cs=149

So it looks like Aggies have promoted from within for the 1st Grade Coaching position, congratulations to Jack Burey on his first season as a First Grade Coach.

I wonder if it's going to be a Captain/Coach arrangement?

I am not sure if Jack's appointment is totally over the line just yet. The committee still has to give it the final stamp of approval, with talking points such as the 1st XV captaincy crucial.

I think he will give his best & might surprise a few people in the process.
Also, he may hold an ace up his sleeve; a possible recruit that will play outside Jack if he can be persuaded to play for WAC.

jb23

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think Jack01 is on the money.

If you read the article closely, the appointment isn't yet done and is really a bit of a nothing sort of article.

Perhaps only believe half of what you read and even less of what you hear.

But Jack01, who is the possibly recruit to play outside Burey?? Perhaps one of his Sydney Uni mates coming back to town or an NRL U/20s trialist

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
If you read the article closely, the appointment isn't yet done and is really a bit of a nothing sort of article.

What other options are Aggies looking at?

But Jack01, who is the possibly recruit to play outside Burey?? Perhaps one of his Sydney Uni mates coming back to town or an NRL U/20s trialist

Is the NRL U20's trialist a local kid?

Jack01

Frank Nicholson (4)
I think Jack01 is on the money.

His little brother Harry is the recruit Im speaking of. Im not sure what his movements are in 2014, but I do think they involve the Canberra Raiders unfortunately. As for Sydney Uni, I am certain that Jack never attended, so I have no idea / comment.

From the outset I have supported the idea of having Jack as a coaching candidate. Lets face it, I am certain he was / is the only applicant.
It does strike me as strange that the coaching position has come to this. There has been SO many men around the club in the last 2-3yrs, helping out. Some would call them 'hang ons'. Band wagon effect I guess.
In a perfect world, he would be much more suited to a 'backs' coach position.
The committee that is meeting as I write this, will have to take these points into real consideration.... (Looking from both sides..)

1) Does he deserve such an honour (1st VX captain) just because he has applied as 1st XV coach??

2) Has he the respect or experience to lead the entire club?

3) If he is named in a captain/coach capacity (very mungoe I might add!!) where does this leave James Whitely?

4) Should he be perhaps rewarded with the captaincy, as he has put his hand up in the clubs hour of need?

5) He will need support & apparently there are "plenty of blokes willing to help out" who are these blokes & when will they put their hands up?

6)Rugby League is very one dimensional, so that is why captain/coaches are common place. Our game however is far more technical & contains many dimensions. Will playing at halfback allow Jack fully scope / appreciate his teams strengths & weakness'?

7) Finally, he is a Chalk & desired to go back there in 2014, even going as far to inquire if he would be "accepted / allowed" back.
With our predicament, does that matter in 2014?

jb23

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is this the "southern inland 2014" thread or "the life and times of jack burey" thread.

You make some interesting points, not sure if 'Captain Coach' was ever mentioned on this topic, but you seem to be in know a lot more.

Are the Canberra Raiders a Brumbies 'B' program?

Remember to keep the thread positive lads, slandering some ones name such with complete rubbish rumours as point number 7 get no one anywhere and belong more so on the old Siru Forum.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Righto, settle down everyone - remember to keep it positive.

Has anyone got any mail on what's doing around the grounds? I heard that there may be some French influence in the northern area of competition.

Anyone from Young keen to let us know how Spoof and the guys are training up there?

My mail tells me that there has been really good attendance to training at Cootamundra with some handy older guys turning up to show the younger guys how it's done.

@namtrak - any goss on how the Horrortahs faired on their overnight stay in Albury?

I'd be interested in how the clubs are handling the hot weather at the moment, pre-season must be pretty brutal at some clubs (ie Griffith, Leeton, Deni and Hay) in these temps

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The actual game itself wasn't a great gauge as the heat was a seriously mitigating factor. The players were very accommodating after the game signing footies and chatting with fans for a long while. From what I understand only one of the 'tahs went out on the town that night, very popular with guys and girls alike - though for different reasons. The size of some of these units is impressive, the amount of time they must spend in the gym is outrageous.

nipnipnip

Frank Nicholson (4)
The Yabbies are looking to have a much more positive influence this year! Spoof & Shanno have been taking the boys through good training sessions and numbers this year are a massive improvement on last year. Lots of new and old faces turning up which is a nice change!!

Could be the year of the Yabbie!! Keep your Nips up!!

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I had heard some of the Aggie boys had felt more affinity with the 'tahs than their own club. Wouldn't mind a seat in the stands at the 'tahs v aggies game

Bubba

Fred Wood (13)
I'll believe it when I see it. Last week I had heard the Whiteleys were going to play League! This week at Tahs, next week ???? I'd also been told Dave Armstrong was heading north for one last crack at Sydney. All rumours , all amusing none believable until sighted ;)

Seeing we are in close proximity to Tahs I shall keep an eye out for these blokes at training.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Shouldn't you be more interested in what the coach @jb23 has to say?

He should be able to confirm or deny these rumors.

Jack 01 you have a short memory don't you- I told you back in Dec that Corcoran & Armstrong were going to Waratahs & when I look back at your reply on Dec 17 I just have a big laugh- mainly at you and your comments.
Players can pick & choose who they want to play for anytime they like - I reckon Armstrong has given good service to Aggies over the years and not being an Ag Student makes sense for him to move to another Club. I can't say the same things about Corcoran & Whiteley - Corcoran has picked & choosed since he came to Wagga & has been one of the most overated footballers (rugby & Rules) to play in the Zone in recent years. Whitely is the big disappointment with this supposed rumour because when the chips are down for Ag College a bit in 2014 he gets on his scooter and says hoo a roo- Surely Whiteley has to give Ag College another year before he moves on - Waratahs have got the 2014 premiership wrapped up already - How Boring !!!!

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Is Jock Munro still playing for the Tahs? very good player!

Also any news on Eddie Lagaali and if he will still be with Wagga City?

Status
Not open for further replies.