• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
THE place to come for the latest and greatest on player movements, rumours, results and previews for the SIRU Competition in 2015.

Sign up and start posting, there's only 28 weeks to go until the season kicks off!

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
So can we fill in the coaching jigsaw for 2015?
The little murmurs I've heard is that a push for change will come, however support is varying in each case and may not be enough to result in change. I'd be interested to see how a couple of these 'big' clubs handle this. As for player movements; its the silly season so there are countless rumors doing the rounds!

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
The little murmurs I've heard is that a push for change will come, however support is varying in each case and may not be enough to result in change. I'd be interested to see how a couple of these 'big' clubs handle this. As for player movements; its the silly season so there are countless rumors doing the rounds!

Keep going. Which clubs are pushing for change???

namtrak

Tom Lawton (22)
After losing 9 players from the run-on side of 2013, the Steamers are set to lose another 6 from this years grand final team as a minimum. More tests ahead.

FLasH

Bob McCowan (2)
anyone know who'll be coaching wagga city?? apparrently they're losing a key number of players.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
anyone know who'll be coaching wagga city?? apparrently they're losing a key number of players.
I would presume their 2014 coach would do it again- if City lose either or both Culgenven & Wrafter they are back to the Drawing Board again. They carried on a bit too much for my liking when they won the Romano's Cup Competition this year & it appeared the publicity before the match ( & there was plenty of it) went to their heads - The Bottom line is they officially came 7th in 2014

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
I would presume their 2014 coach would do it again- if City lose either or both Culgenven & Wrafter they are back to the Drawing Board again. They carried on a bit too much for my liking when they won the Romano's Cup Competition this year & it appeared the publicity before the match ( & there was plenty of it) went to their heads - The Bottom line is they officially came 7th in 2014

The coaching positions for Wagga City were advertised in the DA a while ago. They will go through the process I'd assume, unlike other clubs in the zone where a wink and a nod from the right person will get you a gig.....A story for another day (Early December I am told)
Wagga City would have to be one of the more financially stable clubs in the zone, so their ability to recruit is rather strong & their English, NZ & Pacific Island recruits in recent times is proof of that. So if Wrafter & Culgenven leave, all will not be lost.
I guess they factually did finish 7th in 2014. However, the way they played in the last two months of the competition they would have beaten Ag College and CSU, who finished higher on the ladder.

FLasH

Bob McCowan (2)
They did carry on abit about winning the romano's cup and who ever is writing the sports section in the DA must also be playing for city with the amount of publicity they recieved. They did finish off strong and won some silverware which by the looks of it was much needed for the club. Few whispers around saying theyll pick up a few more islanders and those ones playing here and there this year committing to be fully involved next yr so well wait and see what the new yr brings.. maybe a new coach as well

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Compared to the other codes, the coverage in the DA is absolutely rubbish for the SIRU competition. What can be done to increase??? Sick of reading about the 3 AFL leagues and group 9 when there is no rugby to go with it

namtrak

Tom Lawton (22)
I disagree, I think the coverage in the local papers is great. We can't expect to have saturation coverage in a place like Albury, but we are at least getting a weekly article. And I actually think the DA has a lot of Rugby content during the season, with normally 2 or 3 articles covering different teams.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
I disagree, I think the coverage in the local papers is great. We can't expect to have saturation coverage in a place like Albury, but we are at least getting a weekly article. And I actually think the DA has a lot of Rugby content during the season, with normally 2 or 3 articles covering different teams.

I'd Challenge you to find more than 3 articles since the end of the season covering SIRU. Then compare that to the Group 9, RFL, FFL and HFL coverage. Reconsider your view after you've done this.

namtrak

Tom Lawton (22)
Reconsider my view? I'm not that fussed by minimal reporting during the off-season, reporting for the sake of reporting doesn't provide any value. Besides in some ways I find there is a surfeit of information regarding SIRU. From the local papers, TV, radio, twitter, FB pages, GGR, SIRU website I find there is quite a large amount of news and reports floating around - particularly during the season. As for the off-season, I need a break from it anyway.....

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Reconsider my view? I'm not that fussed by minimal reporting during the off-season, reporting for the sake of reporting doesn't provide any value. Besides in some ways I find there is a surfeit of information regarding SIRU. From the local papers, TV, radio, twitter, FB pages, GGR, SIRU website I find there is quite a large amount of news and reports floating around - particularly during the season. As for the off-season, I need a break from it anyway...

I'm glad you need a break mate.... All i'm saying is that our coverage is poor compared, and I'M sick of reading about Group 9 and the AFL's. If you want to have a crack at my opinion again that's fine though!!!

berrablue

Frank Nicholson (4)
Compared to the other codes, the coverage in the DA is absolutely rubbish for the SIRU competition. What can be done to increase??? Sick of reading about the 3 AFL leagues and group 9 when there is no rugby to go with it

Completely agree mauler. Although I don't think it is completely the fault of the media. I think a lot of it comes down to SIRU clubs being poor promoters of themselves. Quite often when a club does start to make a bit of noise, they are shouted down for being cocky etc. The other side of it is the mighty dollar. When a club in the RFL buys a nuffy player for $10k + there is a need to justify every signing. Any time a SIRU club advertises the fact that they have paid half an airfare they are 'buying a premiership'.
My opinion is that we should be talking up our wins as much as possible and the rest of the comp should be supporting it.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The DA coverage in the off season of SIRU is poor. They have a dedicated AFL Writer x 2 & The Head of Sport at the DA is the Group 9 correspondent so what hope have you got - I stopped buying the DA a while back - Not interested in who Marrar or Lockhart has signed up for the next 3 years ??- It is a very ordinary paper and the word is it is struggling big time - so they should get some decent Journalists and have a go instead of churning out the same old, same old every week - The problem is at the Haed of the Sports Dept - A dinosaur well passed his use by Date !!

Status
Not open for further replies.