• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
read the last 3 articles and tend to agree with sicnarf
How can Independent mention OH & S issue for SIRU when it is a Brumbies Provincial Rep side playing Country
I've seen some pretty big scores posted all over NSW Country every weekend from all the Zones that play and SIRU is definitely not immune to big scores in their Zone
Moree got beaten by nearly 80 pts earlier this year in the and I didn't hear anything about an OH & S issue on that occasion
You may very well have the alst laugh Independent but try & keep your comments positive & sensible without using emotional words such as Nightmare, Train Wreck & now OH & S Dramas - a bit over the top I reckon
With 3rd Grade struggling its probably a sign of the times because the word is there could be 2 or 3 more Womens teams in 2015

Zist

Frank Row (1)
Personally I think the country championships and Brumbies Prov V NSW Country will be good in the long run. If the region wants to get better and experience (which Independent is saying we lack) this is a step in the right direction. It will be a challenge but the guys playing will be keen for the challenge and none of them will be thinking about OH&S issues!!!

berrablue

Frank Nicholson (4)
What will the SIRU stance be regarding player selections for country week? Can you force blokes to play from SIRU to play even if they are ineligible to be selected for the next level?
In my early twenties I just wanted to play as much as I could but if you are getting on a bit this might not be as appealing especially if the key motivation is higher honours.
Having played at both country weeks and brumbies provincial champs I can say that a fit SIRU team is just as good as a central west or a central north however to think that a brumbies provincial team could compete with the cockatoos is ridiculous given that cockatoos are picked from eight strong sides, where as the provincial side is picked from three of which Sth Coast add nothing and the only reason most of the Monaro blokes get a start is to keep the peace.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
That means if the Phantoms are going to be strong the Blacks are going to be Weak
My spies tell me Training Numbers at Griffith are very poor !

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Seru has done well, taking the Griffith Blacks and the Black and Whites to Premierships in 2014. I wonder if he'll be able to take the Leeton Phantoms and Leeton Greens to Premierships in 2015? It's a big ask but I'm sure Seru is up to the challenge! :)

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
it's on the 2015 Draft Draw as an Anzac Day Clsh at Leeton - could be a bit of blood spilt on and off the field

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
CSU are advertising for players to come and play for them. Offering 700-800 weekly and free accomodation for 3 months, noticed it on Facebook today. Looks like the piece in the paper recently was a load of dribble as it seemed at the time. Clearly only one true uni club in wagga and the don't wear red/pink

always rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Am aware of the post on FB that you are referring to and it has absolutely nothing to do with the club. This was an individual who believes he can get employment for people at the place where he works. The club was not aware of this post. The club has no intention of paying players and their money this year has gone towards subsidising fees for students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I would find it strange if CSU were actually offering that to players, they've always had a strong involvement in the Wagga Juniors that has brought numbers through their club. This involvement has arguably dipped in recent years with Wagga City and Waratahs taking up some of that space. Paying players has not been the norm in this comp to the best of my knowledge.

In other news, I hear that there will be some international flavour coaching in Wagga in 2015 and also a change "back to the future" at one local club.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
More a comment on their "we will look at the uni for player" article. Obviously their current standing at the uni prevented that from occurring.

Your mate Sam. Hit us with some details on the international flavour and back to the future???

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
My mail says that Will Mitchell will be involved with coaching Waratahs, possibly an assistant and/or second grade coach.

1st Grade will be a Scotsman via Canada, don't have his name handy at the minute - I think it was Stuart McHaggis from memory.

Back to the future will see a club stalwart step back into an important position off the field at the local glamour club as there have been some unforeseen changes at the top.

EDIT - After receiving a refreshing phone call from the main man at Waratahs, Will Mitchell will be coaching Waratahs in 2015 and will be ably assisted by some Pom from Canada.

Also, the Scotsmen at the glamour club will be leaving in June.

Remember, you read it here first...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Sammy Maxwell from Wagga City women's team will captain the Brumbies U18 Women's 7's team at Narrabeen this weekend at the National Championships.

This is a great effort by Sammy and awesome to see our local women's comp is producing talent like this.

Sammy laid a tackle on against Temora early last year that a lot of first grade players could take note of. A great chest height tackle that (legally) dropped the ball carrier and won a turnover just from the force of the hit. It was great to see.

Well done Sammy.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Jane Garraway from Wagga (now Canberra) is Vice Captain for the team also. A strong family history in the area with an athletics background and family ties to many roles across the zone.

Nothing wrong with the Brumbies pathway.

Well done girls, all the best for the tournament.

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
Am aware of the post on FB that you are referring to and it has absolutely nothing to do with the club. This was an individual who believes he can get employment for people at the place where he works. The club was not aware of this post. The club has no intention of paying players and their money this year has gone towards subsidising fees for students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rather stern / aggressive reply.
By the sounds of that, the reputation CSU have is spot on. Might explain why 99% of students play for Ag College??
As @maulalltheway says, there is only one Uni club in SIRU. It's common knowledge that CSU are seen as town club based at the Uni.

I guess why ever South City reserve grade mungoes keep turning up, CSU should be fine for player numbers.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Has anyone heard what the latest is with the Draw tis year
I know the Clubs were supposed to tell SIRU if they had 1st & 2nd Grade Teams
I heard Coota are struggling for 2 Grades and were apparently speaking with Junee to bolster their numbers

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
The draw would likely have been ratified at the SIRU Board Meeting last night for 1st & 2nd Grade only.

3rd Grade, 17's and Women's competition structures etc will probably have until the end of this month to nominate etc.

It's interesting to hear that Coota are talking to Junee (if that's the case). I remember talking to a group of committee members at Cootamundra when Junee first were talking about re-forming and the guys from Coota were happy about Junee re-forming as the majority of the players were coming from Wagga. The thought process at the time was that Coota don't draw on any players west of Bethungra which I thought was strange at the time.

nipnipnip

Frank Nicholson (4)
I've heard that Harden have nominated a 2nd grade team this year so that could be another option for Coota or Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.