• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
NSW CRU Country Championships - Bowral 2-3 May
Anyone going that can give score updates, or post photos or match reports?

BARTV will be live streaming the four finals on Sunday, 3 May 2015.

Championship draws, match times and field allocations are available on the NSWCRU webpage
http://www.nswcountryrugby.com.au/fixtures-and-results/country-championships-2015-draws

Senior Draw: http://www.nswcountryrugby.com.au/uploads/610/cc-senior-draw-2015.pdf
Colts Draw: http://www.nswcountryrugby.com.au/uploads/610/cc-colts-draw-2015.pdf
Field Allocations and Timings: http://www.nswcountryrugby.com.au/uploads/610/cc-field-allocations-match-times-2015-1-.pdf

More here:http://www.nswrugby.com.au/News/NewsArticle/tabid/374/ArticleID/15009/Country-Championship-Countdown.aspx

I'll be watching the finals (delayed telecast) on BARTV, 11:20am Sunday Morning for the Richardson Shield. See below:

How awesome!

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Just read the Preview on the SIRU Website & agree it is a pretty strong and well balanced Team
I reckon SIRU will make the Richarson Shield Final but will find Central North too strong
I hope I'm wrong in my final prediction because it would be great if they won something on the Weekend

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Match 1 at Country C'Ships at Bowral - SIRU 38 ( J Grimmett 2, S Tracey, T Manualevo, F Maota, R Lagaali tries, J Curgenven 4 cons ) d Western Plains 0

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I'll be watching the finals (delayed telecast) on BARTV, 11:20am Sunday Morning for the Richardson Shield. See below:

How awesome!

Ok, so it appears that I need to check my eyes (cue guide dog jokes now ☺) as the delayed telecast isn't being broadcast til 6pm Monday...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
2015 Indigenous Tour to USA:

Local Junior Steve "Boxxy" Tracey has been selected in the Indigenous Australian Invitational U20's XV to tour the west coast of the states in November this year.

Boxxy has had a pretty decent couple of years in the local competition, representing SIRU on numerous occasions and also appearing in the 2013 GF for Waratahs and it's great to see our local talent getting the chance to represent at a higher level.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. How good would it be to be 19-20yrs old and getting the chance to tour America!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2015 Round Four Preview:

CSU (7) v Coota (10)

This match has proved to be a pretty close encounter in previous years, however I think this match may be a tough day out for the Tri-Colours as they presently have some injury concerns. Cootamundra need to play to their forward’s strength if they want to take it to the Reddies tomorrow.

After a pretty shaky start to the season so far, CSU appear to be adding some starch to their defence which Coach Spain will be very happy with. CSU will likely be looking to play the fringes and the combination of Brent Merritt and Paul Hood will be a key to this.

Waratahs (3) v Tumut (6)

Waratahs are keen to stamp their mark on the 2015 competition which does not bode well for the Bulls this week. Tumut have had a rough start to the season with a disjointed draw hampering their ability to get both teams on the paddock on the same day.

Waratahs need to make sure they control this game well, as Tumut will give this everything they’ve got – particularly through the forwards.

Temora (9) v Ag College (11) – 1st Grade Only

Aggies have had a nightmare start to the season, however have plenty of games in hand to start to build an assault on the Premier Division but it has to start now. The Tuskers have always been a tough defensive team and they need to highlight this area of their game tomorrow to take it to the boys in bottle green.

Coach McCarthy will be asking for a clinical performance from his charges, looking to stay on top of Temora all game. If Aggies can build this culture and create some consistency in their performance, they have the ability to hurt teams.

Deni v Leeton (2) – 2nd Grade Only

Griffith/Hay (4) v City (5) – Match of the Round

Well, this match has the potential to be a high scoring affair and will likely involve some strong ball running and crunching defence which is what we all want to see on the pitch.

Griffith have hit the ground running in 2015 after a well documented off-season and may actually be feeding off a bit of a siege mentality this year. Chris Latu was impressive in his SIRU hitout and has been in impressive form recently with some bullocking runs.

Wagga City have arguably lost a bit of size in their tight five in 2015 but have got some strong players through their back-row who are making up for this. From what I’ve seen, City are playing a faster style of game than they have been known for in recent years.

James Curgenven, Hamish Wrafter and Seth Stoltenberg are adding some flair to the City team and are being well supported by the likes of John Blackmore and James Maloney in the back-row.

Griffith will be looking for Daniel Dowson, Chris Latu, Andries De Meyer and co to lead from the front. Andries has become a bit of a utility player for the Blacks recently making the move from breakaway to half-back which has actually provided him with the opportunity to play a good link role between forwards and backs.

For me, I think the competition in general may have under-estimated the culture within the Blacks 1st XV, 2014 was a stellar year for them and 2015 is their year to prove that they have the ability to mix it without the likes of Rawaqa and Vunibaka.

Albury (1) v Young (8)

Who would have tipped the Steamers to be running this high up the ladder at this stage of the season? All the pre-season hype was around the Phantoms, Waratahs and Young and the chat was about the retirement of some key players (one of whom at least has still no hung up his boots just yet). No doubt, Coach Raynes is taking it all in his stride as it’s a long and winding road over the course of the season.

The Yabbies have been up against it for the first few rounds of 2015, despite some positive movements at the club over the off-season. From all reports, the Yabbies have been very competitive in their recent games but need to focus on their defensive attitude and working hard for each other off the ball.

jb23

Allen Oxlade (6)
I wonder if this is the same Harry Burey whose brother used to work for the Brumbies?

If so, congrats to Harry for making the squad.

Sure is the same Harry Burey keeps out doing his brother.
Perhaps he should try get into Qld country and have a face off. Highly unlikey

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2015 - Round 4 scores - Albury 84 d Young 5, Ag College 53 d Temora 0, Griffith 58 d City 3, Waratahs 37 d Tumut 14, CSU 47 d Coota 29

2nd Grade;

Wagga Waratahs 22 d Tumut 10, Albury 20 d Young 17, Hay 31 d City 17, CSU 26 d Cootamundra 0, Leeton 29 d Deniliquin 22

3rd Grade;

Waratahs 27 d Tumut 5, CSU 24 d Junee 17, Griffith 17 d City 12

Womens' 7-A-Side;

Waratahs 36 d Tumut 5, Albury 26 d Young 5, Temora 22 d Ag College 15, Griffith 15 d City 0, Leeton 56 d Deniliquin 0

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Well the Wagga City bubble burst pretty loudly on Saturday at Griffith
From all accounts City threw in the towel after half time and Griffith were free to do as they liked - pretty disappointing really for all their supporters

Status
Not open for further replies.