• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb23

Allen Oxlade (6)
A little saddened to see the Womens 7's rep pathway program die off after its initial success.
could see some real growth with it ??

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2015 Round 15 Results:
Premier Division
1st Grade;
Albury 95 d Griffith 19, Tumut 32 d Wagga Waratahs 13, Leeton 24d Wagga Ag College 6

2nd Grade;
Hay 41 d Albury 12, Tumut 12 d Waratahs 8, Leeton 27 d Ag College 20

3rd Grade;
Tumut 26 d Waratahs 10, Ag College 26 d Leeton 12

Womens' 7-A-Side;
Waratahs 12 d Tumut 0, Albury 26 d Griffith 12, Leeton 34 d Ag College 17

1st Division;
1st Grade
CSU 70 d Young 31, Temora 38 d Wagga City 31

2nd Grade;
CSU 28 d Young 17, Deni 29 d Coota 14

3rd Grade;
City 26 d Junee 12

Womens'-A-Side;
CSU 51 d Young 0, City 17 d Temora 7

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
well you have to hand it to Wagga City on Saturday - the Boiled Lollies led 21-0 at half time against a Temora side that had a player sent off after only a few minutes
Full Time score Temora 38 d City 31 - How could this happen , there has to be something wrong within this Club ???- Is it the Players, the Coaching Staff, the Hangers on or probably a combination of everything.
Well done Temora - I bet they couldn't believe what had happened when the whistle blew for Full Time

rugbyfollower

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wagga city's players were probably tired after they stacked their 3rd grade with 35 players as there was no 2nd grade. Wagga city heroes of the spaghetti cup since the nineties. Lol

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Here is my 2 cents worth at the moment.!!!

HEADLINE
Albury will embarrass whoever qualifies to play them in the GF.

After seeing them and Leeton since the split it could very well end up being a cricket score again if that is the GF.

Tahs were from all reports severely undermanned vs Tumut. This match also probably proves how strong the bulls are at home. away also it seems at the moment! That trip to Hay to defeat Griffith seams to show some real drive and form from their club at the moment.

If Leeton read their own press and fail to show respect to their opposition they'll lose the tight ones.

Interesting thoughts on that match in both the DA and the Leeton Irrigator. Both failing to note that it was 10-6 with 5 minutes to play.

From reports I have heard. The Leeton scrum had it handed to them from a depleted Ag College pack (No Ben Leaper, Chris Leaper, Tom Macleay and Tom Dunstan) and they dropped the ball in contact a whole lot more than they have admitted to in either report. Their desire to attempt to score from their own try line will come unstuck against the top sides. as it almost did against Ag College at the weekend. Remember 10-6 with 5 to play. Cant help but think that their discipline may cost them come crunch time in the finals also (cards Galore)!!!!!

Cant write the Tahs off. Class outfit when at full strength. This weekend will give an indication of their chances. Need Corcoran and may miss Shortis for the remainder of the season I fear.

Griffith will be the also rans from the finals contenders. Seem to be lacking the consistent numbers and depth to string the performances together. the no second grade and relying on Hay for assistance has probably hurt them a bit this season with multiple injuries.

Ag College, now out, would look to finish on a high this weekend and provide support to their strong remainder of their club. Not ideal for the Students.

Whoever plays Albury in the GF would want to have 60 points in them minimum!!! because that's what I think they'd need to match the steamers come GF day.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2015 Round Sixteen Preview:
The final round of the season, the last chance for the clubs to leapfrog their opposition on the ladder and also an opportunity to assess the strengths and weaknesses of some key players. Positions 3-5 could change following this weekend which would be an interesting aside to the preparation for the 2015 Finals Series next week.

PREMIER DIVISION:

Waratahs (4) v Albury (1)

Well, the Steamers are deadest leading the competition at the moment aren’t they! What was setting itself up as a pretty tight competition in the opening rounds has been laid bare by a dominant Steamers outfit who are well and truly setting the pace.

We’ve heard the tales all year about injuries and unavailability’s at Waratahs this year, but my mail tells me that there were also some key unavailability’s last week. Where were they? What were they doing?

Tumut (3) v Leeton (2) – Match of the Round

Leeton are guaranteed 2nd place on the ladder and will ultimately be waiting on the outcome of the Griffith v Ag College game to determine their opponents next week, however; this game could easily be replayed next week in the first week of Finals Series. I guess there are two ways of looking at this, these teams will either approach this as a final or they’ll coast through it and not be too stressed about the result.

My scouts tell me that Leeton scored two late tries against Ag College last week and that Aggies had plenty of opportunities to put Leeton away but didn’t manage to land the killer blows when they needed to, particularly early on in the game.

The road trip to Jarrah Park will be a big one for Leeton and the conditions will likely favour the home team on a traditionally heavy track. Weather conditions will definitely suit the spectators around the fire bucket on Saturday.

From what I have seen of the Bulls this year, their big improvements have come through some solid players in their backline. Their forwards are a strong as they have been traditionally and some very handy operators in JP Fenukitau, Jock Mason and Tim Graham, however the backs have been led around the park well by Tino Manualevo and his men outside.

Leeton have had a pretty impressive season to date but I’m sure their coaches would agree that they need to tighten up this week and play to more of a finals style of footy. Their defence has been solid all year, maybe slipped a bit last week but the Phantoms will need to work hard in this area of the game this weekend.

This should be a good hitout for these two teams and I would argue that the fitter team will likely fair well in this match as the surface is going to impact on this game.

Ag College (6) v Griffith (5)

This could be a great opportunity for the boys from Ag College after a pretty bruising affair for the Blacks last week. From all reports Aggies played pretty well last week without some of their more fancied players which is interesting. Will these players return to second grade this week?

The Blacks are also at a point where they need to galvanise themselves in preparation for a finals assault that will be pretty brutal on all teams this year.

FIRST DIVISION:
Young (9) v Wagga City (8)

The Yabbies are starting to string some performances together at the point end of the season but will likely be pretty wary of a Wagga City outfit that has their backs against the wall in the latter stages of the competition. This game will be a positive indicator for both teams as they prepare for next week’s games.

CSU (7) v Deni – 2nd Grade Only

Cootamundra (11) v Temora (10)

The tacklers from T-Town are on a bit of a roll at the moment and have proven to be a pretty tough outfit in recent weeks. Cootamundra will approach this game as a local derby and one thing is for sure, defence will be a priority for both teams in this game.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
#SIRU2015 ROUND 16 RESULTS
Premier Division
1st Grade;
Albury 32 d Wagga waratahs 23, Tumut 19 d Leeton 12, Griffith 33 d Wagga Ag College 29

2nd Grade;
Waratahs 53 d Albury 14, Tumut 38 d Leeton 7, Ag College 26 d Hay 14

3rd Grade;

Tumut 37 d Leeton 5, Griffith 10 d Ag College 7

Womens' 7-A-Side;
Waratahs 31 d Albury 7, Leeton 31 d Tumut 5, Ag College 22 d Griffith 15

1st Division;
1st Grade
Young 26 d Wagga City 21, Termora 27 d Cootamundra 12
2nd Grade;
City 36 d Young 14, Deniliquin 42 d CSU 35

3rd Grade;

Junee 12 d CSU 5

Womens'-A-Side;

CSU 65 d Deniliquin 0, City 49 d Young 0

Next Saturday- Week 1 Finals at Conolly Rugby Complex, Wagga
Premier Division;
1st Grade- Qualifying Final- Leeton v Tumut, Elimination Final- Wagga Waratahs v Griffith
2nd Grade- Qualifying Final- Leeton v Wagga Ag College, Elimination Final- Wagga Waratahsv Tumut
3rd Grade- Major Semi Final- Griffith v Wagga Waratahs, Minor Semi Final- Tumut v Wagga Ag College
Women's 7-A-Side- Major Semi Final- Leeton v Wagga Ag College, Minor Semi Final- Griffith v Wagga Waratahs

1st Division;
1st Grade- Qualifying Final- Young v Wagga City , Elimination Final- Temora v Cootamundra
2nd Grade- Qualifying Final- Deniliquin v CSU, Elimination Final- Young v Cootamundra
3rd Grade- Qualifying Final- CSU v Junee
Women's 7-A-Side- Major Semi Final- CSU v Wagga City, Minor Semi Final- Temora v Young

Country_seahorse

Bob McCowan (2)
So all the week 1 finals will be played at Connolly next Saturday?
How will the day go with so many games. Will they use field 3?

Any predictions on winners for next week? It was nice to see tumut burst leetons bubble. A few teams got a good look at there opponents for next week.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
All games in Wagga. Not sure when the draw will be released but with 15 games this weekend, I'm confident that three fields will be required.

There may also be gamed played on Friday night under lights.

namtrak

Tom Lawton (22)
Couple of familiar surnames in that Griffins squad.

I would be surprised if there are any games on Ground 3 at Connolly on the weekend - but I'm no drainage expert

Country_seahorse

Bob McCowan (2)
Some interesting time slots for Saturday's games. Coota firsts playing before 2nd grade must meet that most players will be backing up.
The 4oclock game between yabbies and city will be played in a field of mud after it gets a good work out throughout the day.
If field 3 doesn't get used what would be the back up plan for those few games?

I think we might need a bit more then just gum boots yms.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
just saw the Draw on the Website - looks pretty good to me - Conolly 3 will be heavy but there's been a lot of Rain in Wagga in the past couple of months I've been told
Ground conditions are the same for both teams and its up to clever coaches to work out the right Tactics & Game Plan
Match of the day is at 12.45pm - Waratahs v Griffith in a KO Final
The Blacks to win and continue the defence of their title
Waratahs pput all their energy into Albury last Saturday and Griffith will out muscle themthis Weekend
Go those Black Men

Status
Not open for further replies.