• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

always rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Good on the Phantoms for going out and recruiting players. One point however, I think they may have lost any sympathy when it comes to crying poor over the rego fees issue and how it will hit a small town hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I read the articles in the Area News and DA about Griffith and their coach & president - What odds Griffith to defend their Premiership next year - you'll probably get 500/1

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
I actually do not think that $168 for rego and insurance is a massive problem for the majority of the rugby playing community. The only real dilemma which I can see that there may be issues with the social 3rd graders, who aren't playing as consistently. Anyway, that is club specific and I am sure each affected by this will deal with it.

Increasing the rego and insurance to $168 I feel isn't such a crime, as most clubs I know of charge around $130-$150 anyway.
What it does is give the opportunities for clubs to chase sponsorship to subsidise the players. There are businesses who will GIVE YOUR CLUB MONEY!!
A good friend of mine who I have known since the days in Robb, sponsors a RFL team and he says that they approached him, gave him an outline of the prospective sponsorship and were very professional and enthusiastic about the whole process. I wonder how many of the SIRU clubs are this pro active???

As for player movement, can anyone confirm or dent these rumors doing the rounds....
Laggali family back in full force at City.
Whitely bros, Xavier Chidwiggen & Jack Bury to the Waratahs.
Stirling Ross to City or mungo.
Dan Maloney back to Ag College.

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
I read the Area news at Griffith on Monday and I don't think Rogo and Ro
bertson (Griffith Pres) will be exchanging Xmas Cards this year

By the sounds of it, the only way Robertson receives a Christmas card from anyone is if he sends one to himself.

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
I actually do not think that $168 for rego and insurance is a massive problem for the majority of the rugby playing community. The only real dilemma which I can see that there may be issues with the social 3rd graders, who aren't playing as consistently. Anyway, that is club specific and I am sure each affected by this will deal with it.

Increasing the rego and insurance to $168 I feel isn't such a crime, as most clubs I know of charge around $130-$150 anyway.
What it does is give the opportunities for clubs to chase sponsorship to subsidise the players. There are businesses who will GIVE YOUR CLUB MONEY!!
You do realise that $93 of that $168 is a new cost to players right? If a club is charging $130-$150 now, they will need to charge $223-$243 to be at the same level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
As for player movement, can anyone confirm or dent these rumors doing the rounds..
Laggali family back in full force at City.
Whitely bros, Xavier Chidwiggen & Jack Bury to the Waratahs.
Stirling Ross to City or mungo.
Dan Maloney back to Ag College.

Jack Burey will not be at Waratahs in 2015.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Very definitive there Sam. A story behind that blunt response perhaps?

A step up for Jack, just reward for his effort and commitment to the game, following in the footsteps of some previous SIRU footballers.

I'll let the DA sort the rest out, there may even be some forum members who would like to shed some more light on this one?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s526x395/1395884_692508184199459_3907480921783946222_n.jpg?oh=62e80d96d69b518732776fea1a305fe4&oe=553E6047&__gda__=1430539829_d3a52a74bc6a9b7bfa8a6e7c2180bc37

Ok G&GR forum members & SIRU pedants, no doubt you've heard about the Brumbies trial match in Wagga in January? I hope so, if not - where have you been?!!? The Brumbs take on the Clan in Wagga on SAT 31st Jan 2015 at 7pm.

Tickets are selling fast, I'd suggest you get online pronto if you want to snap up one of the hospitality packages on offer (only available online) or drop into Sporties, Hunters or SIRU (post Xmas) for the stock standard tickets. Chuck a couple of tickets in the kids Christmas Stockings, pack up your wagon and head to Wagga for the day (maybe even take your better half out for lunch? Few vinos before the rugger?).

Tickets are cheap as chips, get behind your local Super Rugby team and have some fun watching them go round in our backyard (well, it's actually the league backyard to be honest, but we'll claim it for the day!)

Tickets are now available for over-the-counter sale at the following venues: ...
• Sportsmans Warehouse, 34 Baylis Street Wagga
• Hunters 1866, 68 Fitzmaurice Street Wagga
• Southern Inland Rugby Union, Sturt Street Wagga (next to Romano’s)
• Brumbies HQ, Building 29, University of Canberra
Ticket Prices:
• Pre-sale tickets: $10 adults (18+), $5 kids (5-17), under 5 free – do not req. tickets
• Game Day tickets (on the gate): $20 adults, $10 kids (5-17)
• Game Day hospitality ticket available online only: $60 – includes grand stand seating, catering and VIP pre-game function
January 31, 2015
Brumbies v Highlanders
McDonald’s Park, Exhibition Centre, Wagga Wagga
Kick-off: 7pm
Gates open at 2.45pm
Tickets are also available online at Eventopia

http://www.eventopia.co/event/Brumbies-v-Highlanders-Trial/276925

Curtain Raisers will be SIRU Rams v SIRU Redbacks in both Men's 15 a side and Women's 7 a side. ACT Under 20's will also be playing Victoria Under 20's. Further detail to follow on the pre-match hit-outs but I'm hearing some solid coaching crews have been put together with the cream of SIRU putting their hand up for a sunburn run around on the day.

Seriously folks, get behind this, I know there's plenty of chat out there at the moment about the ARU and the insurance levy, but I would recommend taking this opportunity and making the most of it. If my fading memory serves me correctly, 2005 was the last time the Brumbies played in Wagga (last game to be played at Weissel Oval too) and it was very well supported.

I'll be there with bells on, who's shout is it?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If you can guarantee it won't be as hot as the trial in Albury on 1 February this year I'll turn up. Any chance of a bed somewhere in Wagga?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
If you can guarantee it won't be as hot as the trial in Albury on 1 February this year I'll turn up. Any chance of a bed somewhere in Wagga?

We can help with the bed mate but not the weather!! :) Look forward to seeing you in Wagga in January!

rigs23

Allen Oxlade (6)
By the sounds of it, the only way Robertson receives a Christmas card from anyone is if he sends one to himself.

Freedom of speech aside its not the best idea to spread unnessecary gossip about someone on a public forum. In any case you don't know what you're talking about.

namtrak

Tom Lawton (22)
Freedom of speech aside its not the best idea to spread unnessecary gossip about someone on a public forum. In any case you don't know what you're talking about.

Like the rumour that Jack Burey has moved to Albury to play with the Steamers for 2015

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Sorry rigs 23 - Unnecessary Gossip - Freedom of speech and all that so called trifle - I'm sorry but you only had to read the DA & the Area News to work out what Seru was saying & what Robertson was saying - In the end you make a decision in your own mind who you choose to believe !!

Harrison88

Frank Row (1)
Who cares where burey plays next year, he's overrated anyway. Couldn't even hold the halfback spot at the aggies.

Edit

Warning - show more respect

Moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.