• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Top job last season YMS.

2017 coaching jigsaw...

Waratahs: ?
City: Honeyman
Leeton: Rogo
Tumut: rumors that Dowson isn't interested in coaching
Ag College: McCarthy
Griffith: ?
Albury: ?
Reddies: ?

Will be very interesting to see if they are filled internally, back to the future style, or new blokes are brought in to weave some magic.

Saw some highlights of Angus Le Lievre playing for the ACT Griffins. He was certainly up to that standard.

Great to see Chris Bolton from Tumut winning the Bowral 7s over the weekend with the Brumbies senior 7s team.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Top job last season YMS.

2017 coaching jigsaw.

Waratahs: ?
City: Honeyman
Leeton: Rogo
Tumut: rumors that Dowson isn't interested in coaching
Ag College: McCarthy
Griffith: ?
Albury: ?
Reddies: ?

Will be very interesting to see if they are filled internally, back to the future style, or new blokes are brought in to weave some magic.

Saw some highlights of Angus Le Lievre playing for the ACT Griffins. He was certainly up to that standard.

Great to see Chris Bolton from Tumut winning the Bowral 7s over the weekend with the Brumbies senior 7s team.

Angus did well at that level didn't he and great to see Chris having a crack also.

Coaching jigsaw will take some time to shape up. Will Mitchell a definite no, Honeyman planning on being at City for the next 2 seasons at least (and looking to put on a 2IC also), I have nothing on other roles.

Any thoughts on big ticket items for the AGM in December?

I reckon that the Women's Competition will see an increase in popularity, also good to see the zone trying to get the 17's competition up and running again.

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
Albury have appointed a new coach - but don't know his name
Rumour has it that Angus Macleod / McLean will take over the job at Waratahs next season with Mitchell standing down
I think the mail is right that Dowson won't be coaching Tumut next year

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
The rumour doing the rounds is that it is a former backline player who moved to Sydney a couple of years ago.
Noted in the DA that Stu Dyer (Leeton) is off to Canberra next year which is a loss for the Leeton Phantoms
Still no word on whether Angus Le Lievre is stayinin in Wagga next year or moving to Canberra

Sicnarf

Ted Fahey (11)
not at all - Although Canberra Clubs have been all over him to go & play over there next year he was still a chance to stay in Wagga but he is off to the ACT next year and Quenbeyan are the favourites to gain his services
The Waratahs Player returning has the X Factor !!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
not at all - Although Canberra Clubs have been all over him to go & play over there next year he was still a chance to stay in Wagga but he is off to the ACT next year and Quenbeyan are the favourites to gain his services
The Waratahs Player returning has the X Factor !!

Xavier Chigwidden.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Albury have appointed a new coach - but don't know his name
Rumour has it that Angus Macleod / McLean will take over the job at Waratahs next season with Mitchell standing down
I think the mail is right that Dowson won't be coaching Tumut next year

Anyone from the Border able to shed some light on your new coach?

Have CSU lined anyone up to coach?

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
I hear some words about a Premiership Winning Junior Coach who may use a method other than shame, fear and spite to inspire. Maybe the new committee is on to something there?

Not that I'm aware of.

Nerves would be starting to kick in at CSU im thinking. The longer it takes the more likely they will look internally. Is this the best option?

Heard that Tumut are no closer to appointing. Must be hard to get someone in a smaller community.

Independent

Herbert Moran (7)
From what I know, CSU will not get any interest from anyone. They'll beg an old boy to try and do a rescue job, but even they won't be able to save them. the day they went away from being an authentic Uni club and putting students first was the day they began their slow death. It's a shame, but they have no one else to blame but themselves. If I was their president, I'd be putting in a call to City for some merger discussions!

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
From what I know, CSU will not get any interest from anyone. They'll beg an old boy to try and do a rescue job, but even they won't be able to save them. the day they went away from being an authentic Uni club and putting students first was the day they began their slow death. It's a shame, but they have no one else to blame but themselves. If I was their president, I'd be putting in a call to City for some merger discussions!

see your points mate... however cant see it happening. Purely because there is nothing to gain from Wagga City's perspective.

Strong numbers, good playing roster, financial.

i cant see them wanting any part of it.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
If I was their president, I'd be putting in a call to City for some merger discussions!

Why would you randomly pick City??? Why not Tahs???

Neither City or Tahs would gain anything by merging with a team at the uni as students would just play for the club on the campus.

If CSU were to merge with anyone then it would make sense to merge with the other uni team I would think.

I also hope that CSU can come back to being more competitive this season, with only 8 clubs SIRU cant afford to lose any more...

Status
Not open for further replies.