• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Fart

Stan Wickham (3)
The Ag College v Tumut game on Saturday was a cracker. Tumut lead 12-0 before Aggies hit their straps with the students fitness caused them to run away with it late. The most promising aspect for coach Mitchell must be the maturity shown to recover from an early deficit and to close the game out.
Tumut look to be struggling with attack, and Albury will be a great chance of knocking them off this Saturday.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The Ag College v Tumut game on Saturday was a cracker. Tumut lead 12-0 before Aggies hit their straps with the students fitness caused them to run away with it late. The most promising aspect for coach Mitchell must be the maturity shown to recover from an early deficit and to close the game out.
Tumut look to be struggling with attack, and Albury will be a great chance of knocking them off this Saturday.

Albury host Tumut this Weekend and if the Steamers win that they should finish their season off with a hat trick of wins against Tumut, City & CSU (Excellent Draw)

Tumut travel to both Albury & Griffith away in consecutive Weekends and that will test them and in the final Round they host City (A Draw that has a couple of Speed Humps)

Griffith host Leeton & Tumut is consecutive Weekends and then Face Waratahs in Wagga in the Final Round (Tough Draw)

Aggies host City this Saturday, then play CSU at the Uni and finish off the season by hosting the Leeton Phantoms at the Uni (Reasonable Draw)

and Finally Leeton are away to Griffith this Weekend then home to Waratahs in Round 13 and travel to Wagga to play Aggies in the Final Round (Not an Easy Draw)

I reckon the Griffith Blacks won't make the Finals but I'm not sure of the final 5 in order after Waratahs

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Semi Finals
Waratahs certain
Leeton certain
Albury certain
Aggies certain
Tumut certain
Griffith impossible - even if they won all 3 remaining games (unlikely) Blacks would be dependent on other teams being beaten by City and CSU (unlikely).
What remains interesting is the order after Waratahs, as pointed out by Whistle Happy.

triathlon

Frank Row (1)
Interesting call made by the judiciary yesterday regarding Griffiths captain following a red card on the weekend against Albury. He was given a red for lifting a player over the horizontal in a clean-out in which the player being lifted landed onto his forearms. For this he was given a 4 week suspension by the judiciary, meaning that he is likely going to miss the first round of next year if Griffith doesnt make the finals (which is looking very unlikely). How is this possible when the Leeton coach got only three weeks for walking onto the field throwing punches?

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Interesting call made by the judiciary yesterday regarding Griffiths captain following a red card on the weekend against Albury. He was given a red for lifting a player over the horizontal in a clean-out in which the player being lifted landed onto his forearms. For this he was given a 4 week suspension by the judiciary, meaning that he is likely going to miss the first round of next year if Griffith doesnt make the finals (which is looking very unlikely). How is this possible when the Leeton coach got only three weeks for walking onto the field throwing punches?

The Referee's Report is the key to most Judiciary decisions, particularly when there is no video evidence available
The best thing Griffith can do is Appeal against the Sentence
The 2 Cases you give an example about e.g Vunibaka can't be compared without knowing the information provided by the Referee and witnesses

interesting to see the Finals venues for 2018
Week 1 Conolly Rugby Complex (hosted by City), Week 2 Conolly RP (hosted by Waratahs - Minor Premiers), Week 3 Jarrah Oval (Hosted by the Tumut Bulls) and Week 4 (Grand Finals) hosted by the Winner of the 1st Grade Major Semi Final in Week 2 - more than likely those Grand Finals will be hosted at Conolly again
It is a big surprise to not see Albury hosting Finals this Year ? - surely they were due for a turn to host this year
These Venues (3 in Wagga more than likely & 1 in Tumut will favour Waratahs, Tumut & Wagga Ag)

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Interesting call made by the judiciary ..... the Leeton coach for walking onto the field throwing punches?

Read it on the internet so it must be true????

Two completely non comparable incidents and unless you were at both hearings i very much doubt you know any of the facts taken into consideration by the judiciary

interesting to see the Finals venues for 2018

These Venues (3 in Wagga more than likely & 1 in Tumut will favour Waratahs, Tumut & Wagga Ag)

I know :rolleyes:

Wagga City didn't host a final last year for the first time in at least 20 years (they normally get 2 shared with Tahs) They both must be due.

As I stated last year I think the facilities at Conolly Park are terrible (change rooms & bathrooms), almost the worst in the zone.

I also heard that Griffith also put in for a final, personally i think that would have been a much better balance for the the whole series than 3 in Wagga.

Anyway, very interesting round this week with a couple of clubs season on the line, my tips:

Leeton the end Griffiths season in a very tight and spiteful derby. Albury over Tumut who will drop out of the top three as Aggies beat City and Tahs to easily account for CSU.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I also heard that Griffith also put in for a final, personally i think that would have been a much better balance for the the whole series than 3 in Wagga.

I think the issue was that Griffith could only host Week 3? of the finals along with Tumut.

I'm not sure if the Steamers put a bid in for hosting?

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Round 12 Predictions
Waratahs & Wagga Ag to win their matches against CSU & City respectively
Leeton in a close one against Griffith and Albury to win at home tomorrow against Tumut

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
You got them all Whistle. All one way traffic here at Griffith. Great refereeing by Sam. Bulls struggling a bit. Maybe we’ll do better against them next week.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
You got them all Whistle. All one way traffic here at Griffith. Great refereeing by Sam. Bulls struggling a bit. Maybe we’ll do better against them next week.

Thanks PB - Were Griffith not up to it yesterday or have Leeton got a new lease of Life in the Competition ??
You're right about Tumut they are in a rut at the moment and the long trip to Griffith next Saturday will be a lot tougher than they imagined a month ago
- The Bulls are really missing their Fullback (Glamuzina) and I'm not sure if he will be available for them again this season
Leeton v Waratahs and Griffith v Tumut are the highlight matches for Round 13 next Saturday

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Dumbstruck by the Waratahs v City score- What is going on with Wagga City Rugby Club this year ??
Grand Finalists in 2016 and now only 2 years later getting beaten by the same team in that Grand Final by scores of 117-0 and 127-3 - Thank God they kicked that penalty or field goal to improve their percentages
This is not a Good Look for the SIRU Competition heading forward and with CSU not performing very well again this year there may be causes for concern with team numbers down the track
I'm sure City will roll out all the reasons and excuses for their poor performances this year but a bit of a story doing the Rounds is that they are stacking their 2nd & 3rd Grade Teams for the Finals !!!!
If this is the case the Club needs to have a Good hard look at themselves for the rest of the season and the Future
I don't want t o kick a Club when they are obviously down but surely the Club has some Pride in their Performances on the field and for the Future
Who wouls sertiously think of playing for Cuity if they arrived in Wagga next year looking for a Game Of Rugby
I hope they finish the season off on a better note.

Aggies are proving to be a bit of a 'Dark Horse ' in this year's Competition - I wonder if the youngsters can keep their Momentum going for the rest of the year

Looks like its happened again mate.
Where to from here for City?

its not the end but a tough road back

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Griffith were in it for 15 mins and then Leeton clicked into another gear Whistle and the fat lady was singing before half time. City are obviously stacking their 2nds Mauler. Where’s all the indignation that was directed at Griffith when they did the same thing last year. I’m not saying it’s OK.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Griffith were in it for 15 mins and then Leeton clicked into another gear Whistle and the fat lady was singing before half time. City are obviously stacking their 2nds Mauler. Where’s all the indignation that was directed at Griffith when they did the same thing last year. I’m not saying it’s OK.

interesting theory on stacking sides. Particularly here, where a single figure win was recorded in 2's.
I feel the indignation towards Griffith was more the forfeiting of matches then playing finals that was more of an issue for the regular punter. I'm over the moon that there haven't been multiple forfeits this season. Only makes for a better zone.

Joe Ratu must be making the world of difference at Leeton. I can only imagine how dangerous that backline could be if Noa wasn't injured too.

Glamuzina is class and its not surprising that Tumut are struggling to fill his place. Certain players in the zone are almost irreplaceable for their sides and he's certainly one.

Will be very interesting to see if Tumut can halt the slide. Personally i think they will, but will the damage be done.

Whistle Happy

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Looks like its happened again mate.
Where to from here for City?

its not the end but a tough road back

I just checkred the results in the lower grade and surprise surprise City won 2nd Grade and their Women's team had a win as well which means celebrations probably went into the early hours of the Morning at their Pub- ha ha

City finish off the season with matches against Albury & Tumut which will mean not 1 Victory for their 1st Grade team during the season- How the Mighty have Fallen

Leeton appear to be getting their 2nd wind and Saturday's match against Waratahs at Leeton will probably put things in perspective as to how Waratahs seem to have this year's Competition wrapped up

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
interesting theory on stacking sides. Particularly here, where a single figure win was recorded in 2's.
I feel the indignation towards Griffith was more the forfeiting of matches then playing finals that was more of an issue for the regular punter. I'm over the moon that there haven't been multiple forfeits this season. Only makes for a better zone.

Joe Ratu must be making the world of difference at Leeton. I can only imagine how dangerous that backline could be if Noa wasn't injured too.

Glamuzina is class and its not surprising that Tumut are struggling to fill his place. Certain players in the zone are almost irreplaceable for their sides and he's certainly one.

Will be very interesting to see if Tumut can halt the slide. Personally i think they will, but will the damage be done.

To Clarify i don't believe Wagga City have been stacking their 2nd grade side.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
I feel the indignation towards Griffith was more the forfeiting of matches then playing finals that was more of an issue for the regular punter.

Yeah I think you are right - also seem to recall Blacks 1st grade playing with less than 15 players while the 2nds showered and went home. At least City are backing up and reserving for their 1st grade.

Leeton appear to be getting their 2nd wind and Saturday's match against Waratahs at Leeton will probably put things in perspective as to how Waratahs seem to have this year's Competition wrapped up

According to the DA Leeton had 6 players who only turned up due to rain, apparently if dry they have work commitments - the last two weeks they have had good wins and it has been wet. I imagine they will be praying for rain for the rest of the year (would also help out the farmers too)

No rain forecast this Saturday so I see Waratahs getting home comfortably

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Just to clarify Mauler. City beat Aggies in 2nds. What you are suggesting is that if Aggies 1sts played Aggies 2nd grade they would beat them by nigh on a century of points.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Just to clarify Mauler. City beat Aggies in 2nds. What you are suggesting is that if Aggies 1sts played Aggies 2nd grade they would beat them by nigh on a century of points.

You've drawn a very very long bow here PB.
My comment is about Wagga City and my belief that as a club they are struggling currently. Im assuming with injury and the like. But i dont believe they are stacking their 2s. I think the gap between their 1st and 2nd grade sides is quite small.
I'm not particularly interested in hypothetical 1st vs 2nd grade games. However, if you want my opinion here. Outside of Waratahs when fully fit across the club, I see a huge gap between the standard of 1st and 2nd grade in SIRU.

Status
Not open for further replies.