• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Well done to Brittney Bedford (CSU Reddies) and Harriet Elleman (Wagga Ag College) for their selection in the Brumbies Women's squad v Rebels in Melbourne. Kicking off Friday 5pm on Fox Sports.

There are also some other familiar names from the SIRU Women's Competition in Remi Wilton and Cecilia Smith (Leeton Dianas) along with Jane Garraway (Wagga Waratahs) and Michelle Perry (Tumut Bullettes).

Well done to all, I'm sure you'll all give the Rebels hell on Friday night!

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...r-w-clash-against-rebels-20180328-h0y3h8.html

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
Well done to Brittney Bedford (CSU Reddies) and Harriet Elleman (Wagga Ag College) for their selection in the Brumbies Women's squad v Rebels in Melbourne. Kicking off Friday 5pm on Fox Sports.

There are also some other familiar names from the SIRU Women's Competition in Remi Wilton and Cecilia Smith (Leeton Dianas) along with Jane Garraway (Wagga Waratahs) and Michelle Perry (Tumut Bullettes).

Well done to all, I'm sure you'll all give the Rebels hell on Friday night!

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...r-w-clash-against-rebels-20180328-h0y3h8.html

.........Hey YMS , I think you will find that Jane Garraway ONLY played for Aggies & never for Waratahs......

Almost 2 old

Chris McKivat (8)
Or if they had a team. Waratahs were pretty slow out of the blocks in that regard.

Yes YMS , considering that surname you can be completely forgiven for assuming that she would have played for Waratahs , but, I believe she played for Aggies because Waratahs did not have a team.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Nice to see the season preview in the DA today (hard copy only :()

Tahs, as always look to be the ones to beat and CSU again to struggle - the big change predicted for this year is the Boilled Lollies from 3rd to 7th. Things have been very quiet from the MIA, have the Phantoms managed to retain a premiership contending team? Not long to go until we get underway again, looking forward to it (even in the heat)

Does anyone know how SIRA is looking, i heard they were struggling to have the required numbers for each week.

Also the first season for a very long time without Mick McTaggart's involvement, big shoes to fill for SIRU.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Does anyone know how SIRA is looking, i heard they were struggling to have the required numbers for each week.
SIRRA numbers are down considerably on recent seasons due to a range of factors.

While there is a keen and willing core group of referees on board in 2018, there will be games this season that clubs will appoint to (CTA).

SIRU, Brumbies and SIRRA will have some details out shortly on an "Introduction to Refereeing" course sometime around Round 3. Further details to follow.

dargwad

Bob McCowan (2)
SIRRA numbers are down considerably on recent seasons due to a range of factors.

While there is a keen and willing core group of referees on board in 2018, there will be games this season that clubs will appoint to (CTA).

SIRU, Brumbies and SIRRA will have some details out shortly on an "Introduction to Refereeing" course sometime around Round 3. Further details to follow.
Great association supporting a great competition. Good luck this season Sam....

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Bandar is it possible for you to list the predicted placings of clubs from the Wagga DA's season preview. I couldn't get a copy of the DA up here in Griffith.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Yeah mate - your boys are the big movers up from last to 4th.

1. Waratahs
2. Leeton
3. Tumut
4. Griffith
5. Albury
6. Ag College
7. Wagga City
8. CSU

Personally I think Courtney isn't too far off the mark, maybe Albury & Aggies above the Blacks and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Phantoms a bit lower also.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Thanks Bandar, appreciate that. Griffith did have 50 to training last week and have entered 3 grades + girls. Phantoms have apparently got players in the pipeline so may pick up as the season progresses.

Silver fox

Stan Wickham (3)
SIRU needs Griffith to be successful in 2018 and it would be a good reward for the die hards from 2017 who endured a terrible year.
2018 will be a good year for Griffith because everyone there wants it to be.
Hopefully some new faces in SIRU admin will expediate some changes.
I think Courtney might have took the lottery approach and just pull the teams out the bag for her list.
Anyway, will create a talking point for the first few rounds.
I hear that clubs will be in for a rude shock with match officials this year.
Some avid rugby supporters may have to step up and step on the field to ensure games have a referee.
I’m sure everyone will take on the challenge and help out!

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
So, the Riverina is well represented in the Super W again this weekend. A big congratulations to Brtiney-Lee Bedford making the starting line-up (not sure if this is a debut though?)
Garraway and Perry combining in the backline and Skye Churchill (Illabo) also on board.

Britney will no doubt be stoked to be packing down with the Wallaroos incumbent hooker this weekend.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)
Hopefully some new faces in SIRU admin will expediate some changes.

What sort of changes are you looking for Fox? Most seem pretty happy with the way the comp is running - there was the opportunity for change by adding a couple of rounds but clubs didn't support it.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
A rejuvenated Griffith might outpoint City who seem to have lost some of their good players from last year. CSU seem to be struggling for numbers at training so the Bulls will probably be too strong at home. The Steamers at home could surprise Leeton who seem to be still a few players short of their ultimate line-up while a depleted Aggies outfit (especially in the no. 10 position) will unfortunately find Waratahs a tough proposition.

Phantom

Frank Nicholson (4)
Very excited for the start of the season, results for this weekend:
Griffith over City by 30+
Bulls will put a few on the Reddies but I reckon Reddies will hold their own for a good part of the game.
Steamers will be full of confidence but will cop a touch up from the Phantoms (here is hoping anyway).
Tahs will belt the Agmen but watch out for the weed growers toward the back end of the season.

Listening to the old scarred ones around the clubs its going to be Waratahs year. We hope to prove them wrong.
Good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.