• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Southern Inland Rugby 2019

namtrak

Johnnie Wallace (23)
You’re kidding kartman. What’s the matter with you Wagga people. Have you ever heard of the concept of co-operation. Waratahs 100 Reddies 0. Yeah mate let’s keep that scenario.

Either I’m missing the sarcasm or you didn’t read my post

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
While the other Wagga clubs are busy putting their own interests first the Reddies Rugby Club is slowly but surely going out of business. I assume you don’t have to be a uni student to play for Reddies. The number of rugby clubs playing out of Wagga in the future is the responsibility of the present Wagga club administrators. The answer lies in co-operation not competition. I repeat what is the point of another season of having Waratahs beating 2 of the other 3 Wagga clubs by a century and more.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
While the other Wagga clubs are busy putting their own interests first the Reddies Rugby Club is slowly but surely going out of business. I assume you don’t have to be a uni student to play for Reddies. The number of rugby clubs playing out of Wagga in the future is the responsibility of the present Wagga club administrators. The answer lies in co-operation not competition. I repeat what is the point of another season of having Waratahs beating 2 of the other 3 Wagga clubs by a century and more.

I’ve been thinking about this post a fair bit.
Few comments.
Paul Hood(great bloke, right coach for CSU) mentioned in a media clip that he didn’t think there was a culture issue at the club. My biggest question for the Reddies is why aren’t you attracting students. Yes Ag College is attractive for the 1st year students but surely CSU could drive this more.
Yes CSU is important to the comp, agree. But is it the role of other clubs to promote CSU as a club simply for the benefit of the comp.
If this is the job of the Wagga clubs, then surely it’s also the job of the other sides in the zone too.
I think it’s a really rich comment that Wagga clubs are putting their interests first. Find me a footy club putting other clubs interests first, i’ll Wait... I’ve sat in SIRU meetings over the years and watched all clubs push their wagon hard. It’s the natural thing to do.
The zone needs the 8th side, however the JID cup has a 7 team comp and couldn’t be called poor if you’ve seen the standard of it. I just can’t see how this falls on the Wagga clubs, whom are going well to sort this out?

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Are there 1st grade quality players in Waratahs 2nd grade? Could the Army players who come to the Wagga area be better linked to the Reddies rather than the already very strong Waratah club? Do the Aggies have excess players attached to their club that could form a 3rd grade at the Reddies? Are there Siru development officers who could play with or at least train with the Reddies? Is it fair to the rest of the teams in Siru that Wagga has become virtually a 2 team town where instead of the 1st grade quality players being spread over 4 clubs it is concentrated into 2? Is it possible that the culture issue isn’t indeed with the Reddies but lies elsewhere in the Wagga rugby scene.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Are there 1st grade quality players in Waratahs 2nd grade? Could the Army players who come to the Wagga area be better linked to the Reddies rather than the already very strong Waratah club? Do the Aggies have excess players attached to their club that could form a 3rd grade at the Reddies? Are there Siru development officers who could play with or at least train with the Reddies? Is it fair to the rest of the teams in Siru that Wagga has become virtually a 2 team town where instead of the 1st grade quality players being spread over 4 clubs it is concentrated into 2? Is it possible that the culture issue isn’t indeed with the Reddies but lies elsewhere in the Wagga rugby scene.

Probably, but talk about overreach. Forcing players to play at other places just to be fair. Why not remove scoring or make sure every game is a draw just so it’s fair.
Players play where they want to with their mates. You can’t force players to move.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Players play where they have a chance of success. Isn’t the elephant in the room is that the playing field isn’t exactly level. If Waratah 2nd grade could quite comfortably account for Reddies 1st grade wouldn’t it make more sense to have a Waratah A and a Waratah B team in the 1st grade competition and have Reddies play only in the 2nd and 3rd grade competitions. Finally we could have the ultimate - an all Waratah 1st grade grand final.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Players play where they have a chance of success. Isn’t the elephant in the room is that the playing field isn’t exactly level. If Waratah 2nd grade could quite comfortably account for Reddies 1st grade wouldn’t it make more sense to have a Waratah A and a Waratah B team in the 1st grade competition and have Reddies play only in the 2nd and 3rd grade competitions. Finally we could have the ultimate - an all Waratah 1st grade grand final.

That’s super cynical. I’m sure some do but the majority choose a club where they have a contact be that a friend, relative or colleague. If you try to dictate where people have to play you will do no more than push them out of the game.
Lucky we aren’t part of Sydney rugby. I’m sure we all remember the fate of the emus recently.
can You explain the non level playing field. A disparity in quality and therefore success, unless these teams are given an unfair advantage that other teams don’t get is not the same as a non level playing field.

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
That’s amazing. So many new students entering CSU who are good rugby players have friends/relatives playing for Aggies. The majority of potential players would not choose a team who they sense will be flogged most weeks. I didn’t really understand the comments at the end of your post but I would agree that I am cynical.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
That’s amazing. So many new students entering CSU who are good rugby players have friends/relatives playing for Aggies. The majority of potential players would not choose a team who they sense will be flogged most weeks. I didn’t really understand the comments at the end of your post but I would agree that I am cynical.

This is where your ignorance is showing mate. Several schools across NSW tend to have ex students going to study vet or at sciences. Scots Bathurst, stannies, joeys, all with multiple players.

On the CSU thing, perhaps ask the ah college blokes why they play at ag college. I’d hazard a guess culture and the blokes at ag college are a big part of it, as opposed to the old boy demographic at CSU. Also, while this club has high numbers you won’t find a Uni holiday weekend d where they have 3rd grade reserves so to suggest they force players to another club is plainly ridiculous.

Do you want a comp where talent is artificially distributed and clubs that have built culture are disascantaged just for the sake of fairness.

Perhaps your efforts would be better served working out how to get Griffith up to speed when they play out of Griffith and help prevent the thumpings they receive out of town.

Or as I’ve said before, put your money where your mouth is and get on a committee or board and do something about it not just take pot shots

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I thought this was a forum where people could express opinions. I spectate at Griffith home games. I’m not a c’ttee member and don’t discuss rugby politics with Griffith board members. Your post doesn’t make that much sense to me Mauler. The Reddies Club need help with management. You’ve already suggested that they don’t have a culture problem. Aggies admin and Waratah admin have obviously had prudent advice in recent years. A couple of clubs ( perhaps as you suggested one being my home club) could benefit from the management skills that Aggies and Waratahs possess. If something isn’t done some clubs are going to continue to be unable to attract players who are of 1st grade quality and cricket scores aren’t going to be restricted to the summer months.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
I thought this was a forum where people could express opinions. I spectate at Griffith home games. I’m not a c’ttee member and don’t discuss rugby politics with Griffith board members. Your post doesn’t make that much sense to me Mauler. The Reddies Club need help with management. You’ve already suggested that they don’t have a culture problem. Aggies admin and Waratah admin have obviously had prudent advice in recent years. A couple of clubs ( perhaps as you suggested one being my home club) could benefit from the management skills that Aggies and Waratahs possess. If something isn’t done some clubs are going to continue to be unable to attract players who are of 1st grade quality and cricket scores aren’t going to be restricted to the summer months.

If you’re so worried try to fix it.
I think the Reddies have a problem with culture. They don’t.
You only ever complain.
Life’s not fair and equal. Punishing clubs who get there is a pathetic attempt at equalisation.
Over and out

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
Mauler you’re not making any sense. I mean is there any point in asking you do you want another season like last year when we had some teams flogged to the degree that they were? I’ll over and out as well Mauler. I will finish though with a thought about the level playing field concept you were concerned about. Since the Brumbies have been involved with this area of the state we have seen the rise and rise of one particular team. That’s alright but with a finite number of quality players in one community another team or teams is going to suffer.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
Mauler you’re not making any sense. I mean is there any point in asking you do you want another season like last year when we had some teams flogged to the degree that they were? I’ll over and out as well Mauler. I will finish though with a thought about the level playing field concept you were concerned about. Since the Brumbies have been involved with this area of the state we have seen the rise and rise of one particular team. That’s alright but with a finite number of quality players in one community another team or teams is going to suffer.

Take your tin foil hat off mate.
Put up or shut up.
If you’re not willing to help fix it keep it to yourself. You’re all talk pal

paul bristow

Charlie Fox (21)
I heard Leeton 1st grade were quite impressive in a K/O at Orange recently Reasoning. Our no.s at Griffith have improved and we should fill our 3 mens grades. Sounds like City might be the big improvers this year. 1st round should tell a lot. Big tests for the bottom 3 teams from last season.

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
No updates on Rep Stuff ? - not surprising
Aggies play their Final trial today against Forbes
Are there any other Trials on Today
Reddies still in crisis mode according to those in the know - Best Numbers to Training have been 15 and they were going to nominate a 3rd Grade side ?? - Aggies v Reddies next Saturday could be a massacre
Leeton Phantoms are looking wobbly for a 2nd Grade team this year - They have had a Dad's Army Team for the last couple of years in 2nds and the Soldiers have had enough
Don't know what to think of this year's Comp at the moment - It will be interesting to see Courtney Ree's Preview in the DA this Week
The more lop sided the Competition is won't help matters
Any updates on Referee numbers "Yourmate Sam" -

You’re an optimist If you think the rep program will give you updates on here when it’s constantly shit canned for one reason or another.
The response will just be shit canned again. I remember when last years provincial game was played and SIRU won by 30 odd points and there were still reasons to shit can the side in this place

Maulalltheway

Ted Thorn (20)
all I was after were some FACTS about the Rep Program
From day 1 "Maulalltheway" you have painted your own rosy red future of the Rep Program - 70 players available - numbers were never seen ? - Byes for City v Country when the players don't even know if there are training runs or even Coaches for the sides
Did the PLAYERS ask for this new Rep program ? from what I;ve heard No they didn't but the Coach and SIRU wanted the changes
I receive all Club Emails from my source and nowhere were the players asked for their input into changes to the Rep Program

Were the players and Clubs consulted on the 2 extra Rounds to be played this year at the start of the Season ? - Once again No

Let the Women's Teams and Juniors concentrate on Rep Footy and the Senoior males concentrate on Club Footy - which could be approaching Life Support situation shortly

Everyone has a job to do but when various volunteers and Staff members move away from their main stram jobs problems arise

It's not a perfect world out there but people are allowed to ask questions and make comments and the overall presentation of this year's Rep Program has had more Fantasy than Facts about it

Maybe too many people at the top need their egos boosted

Good news for Reddies - 3 Poms flying in shortly to help them out - let's hope they have a Team to play with

You talk a rosy view of your intentions. If you’re so well connected I suggest you pick the phone up and call the coach and SIRU rather than being a coward and shit canning blokes anonymously on here.

At the end of the day, rep footy is for the players who want to be involved. Not for washed up anonymous forum keyboard warriors (myself included).
If the players are in and enjoying it it’s hard to knock it. My opinion anyway

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Any updates on Referee numbers "Yourmate Sam" -

The referee fairy has not delivered any additional referees for the competition at this stage. It was good to see active members from SIRRA out and about at the Wagga Junior's Gala Day, geez there were some kids there. There are some handy junior coaches out there who will make decent referees one day.