• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Spirits thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
cocktail_web.jpg

Wild Brumby "Devil's Tongue" Schnapps. This is a particularly firey drop, and not for the faint of heart. One for sipping not skolling.

Local drop distilled on the Alpine Way between Thredbo and Jindabyne.
Helped polish off a bottle at the snow this year. It certainly kicks you in the taste buds but the chilli subsides and the aftertaste is very good.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You are probably right. Just googled bottlos in Auburn, and there is a liquorland there and not much else. The liqourland website doesn't list much in the way of single malts, and no Auchentoshan.

Maybe @Gristlechewer is right.
Pretty sure my Dan Murphys in Kingsford has the Auchentoshan 3 Wood.

Gristlechewer

Charlie Fox (21)
@Baldric see post 123 above from G&GR alcohol consultant.

Auchentoshan Three Wood is a very smooth drop. The local bottlos don't have it anymore so I am searching in places father afield. I'm keen for a repeat purchase, and I am normally a Laphroig drinker (still my #1 Scotch).

I am very tempted to go to Auburn to search for it, just to see if @Gristlechewers opinion of the town is accurate (as per Aussie Towns Trivia thread). :)
@ Hugh Jarse, try the old Sheargolds at Gordon for the Auch... At least let your fingers do the walking

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
some Americans put me onto Buffalo Trace bourbon. A very fine whisky, not as vanilla and sweet as Makers, and more scotch like in it's complexity. I found some at Dan Murphys for around $50

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If they're sensible they'll take their stock off the shelves and wait until Aldi run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.