• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sport Documentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I don't have any specific examples but the HBO series 24/7 that they put up before big boxing bouts is always an awesome mix of ridiculousness and great cinematography/editing. Really worth a look, I'm sure there's one on YT for Martinez/JCCjr from yesterday (absolutley awesome fight btw)

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
For NFL fans you have to get your hands on a show called 'Hard Knocks'. Think it has been discussed on here before.

Like 'The Code' but heaps better. Behind the scenes look at an NFL pre-season, with a special focus on the guys who are battling to make the squad.

Think they have done about six seasons, each with a different team. Great viewing.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I haven't watched it yet, but a friend recommended this one.

The Men Who Sold the Jerseys

Here is the blurb:

As this proud footballing giant stands on the brink of extinction, BBC Scotland Investigates the inside story of the scandal which brought Rangers FC to its knees. This is a programme based on dozens of secret emails, letters and documents which uncover the truth behind the tax scheme which threatens the club's very existence, and reveals what went on behind the scenes in the run up to Craig Whyte's infamous takeover. From the day Sir David Murray took up the reigns at Ibrox, through the nine-in-a-row Championship years to the ignominy of owner Craig Whyte's reign and the plunge into administration, this programme charts the descent from glory into chaos of one of Scotland's great institutions. Along the way, investigative reporter Mark Daly goes in search of answers to the questions every Scottish football fan is asking, and attempts to confront those who are responsible for the Ibrox club's plight.

You can watch the whole thing on Youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.