• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Springbokke moving forward.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
2019 RWC Squad:

Confirmed out:
Schalk Brits (38)
Beast Mtawarira (34)
Flo Louw (34)

Still to Confirm:
Frans Steyn (32)

Playing Overseas:
Vincent Koch (29) Saracens
Cobus Reinach (29) Saints
Willie le Roux (30) Japan
Malcolm Marx (25) Japan
Duane Vermeulen (33) Japan
Lood de Jager (26) (Sale Sharks)
Eben Etzebeth (27) (Toulon)
Franco Mostert (28) (Gloucester)
RG Snyman (24) (Japan)
Faf de Klerk (27) (Sale Sharks)
Handré Pollard (25) (Montpellier)
Damian de Allende (27) (Japan)
Jesse Kriel (25) (Japan)
Cheslin Kolbe (25) (Stade Toulousain)

Stay in SA
Trevor Nyakane (30) (Bulls)
Bongi Mbonambi (30) (Stormers)
Elton Jantjies (29) (Lions)
Makazole Mapimpi (29) (Sharks)
Thomas du Toit (24) (Sharks)
Steven Kitshoff (27) (Stormers)
Frans Malherbe (28) (Stormers)
Pieter-Steph du Toit (27) (Stormers)
Siya Kolisi (28) (Stormers)
Kwagga Smith (26) (Lions)
Herschel Jantjies (23) (Stormers)
Damian Willemse (21) (Stormers)
Lukhanyo Am (25) (Sharks)
Warrick Gelant (24) (Bulls)

Younger players coming through:

Dillyn Leyds (27)
Curwin Bosch (22)
Wilco Louw (25)
Ox Nché (24)
Jason Jenkins (23)
André Esterhuizen (25)
Sikhumbuzo Notshe (26)
Marvin Orie (26)
Embrose Papier (22)
Marco van Staden (24)
Rynhardt Elstadt (29)
Lizo Gqoboka (29)
Scarra Ntubeni (28)
JD Schickerling (24)
Joseph Dweba (24)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
So as the title suggests I’m 19 5’10” currently around 69kg trying to gain weight and bulk I’m strength training/weight training. I watch all international rugby been doing so for the past two years and I know the rules I’d think pretty well but I’ve never actually played rugby and would like to start before I go to university. Looking for a place for beginners to learn how to play etc. Thanks

https://australia.rugby/participate/get-into-rugby/about-gir-club

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Can anybody shed some light on some of these players in the green v gold trial match? Also who is the Springboks long term option at 8?

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can anybody shed some light on some of these players in the green v gold trial match? Also who is the Springboks long term option at 8?

We're not sure on the 8, but the guy touted to progress through the ranks is Juarno Augustus. Of course, with Rassie and Jake being around we could see bolters there, for example, Arno Botha might actually be able to play there and those coaches are not afraid to try something like that.

Dan du Preez is another potential 8 for SA.

Salmaan Moerat new number 4 on the block, believed he captained SA U20s as well.

Green squad looks stronger for me if only because of their forwards. Would have loved to see Fassi involved but he is injured.

Most of the rest are run-of-the-mill or largely unknown entities even to us.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Interested to know if anyone has seen much of Marcell Coetzee in Ulster and whether he could be a long term no.8 option? Who do people view as the next fullback? Do you move Kolbe back, do you pick one of Gelant or Willemse or do you go with someone new like Fassi? Finally do you think Dyanti will ever have a chance to play for the bokkes again?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Interested to know if anyone has seen much of Marcell Coetzee in Ulster and whether he could be a long term no.8 option? Who do people view as the next fullback? Do you move Kolbe back, do you pick one of Gelant or Willemse or do you go with someone new like Fassi? Finally do you think Dyanti will ever have a chance to play for the bokkes again?

Look like Duane Vermeulen, who is in great form for the Bulls, will play a few years longer. Next fullback is Gelant, also in great CC form until his injury, Fassie havent played CC but also a very good player. 7's players are starring in the CC. There is more then enough talent

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Coetzee is coming home, signed with the bulls.

Apparently things got messy at Ulster between them and the Bulls. Here’s the Ulster CEO bitching about it on Twitter. I wanna be sympathetic but after years of NH clubs pinching our players after we “develop” them, he can suck a fat one.
668DA22C-F29B-4C56-B756-FFEEC316A79C.jpeg