• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 7: Rebels v Reds

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
What are the chances of this happening, with the new lockdown?

Did the Reds fly home after the Tahs game?

Will Victoria let them in?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
What are the chances of this happening, with the new lockdown?

Did the Reds fly home after the Tahs game?

Will Victoria let them in?

If it was called off do they just split the points or try to reschedule?

There should be plenty of time to re schedule because a Trans Tasman series is looking unlikely.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
If it was called off do they just split the points or try to reschedule?

There should be plenty of time to re schedule because a Trans Tasman series is looking unlikely.

Called off games in Europe were bonus point wins with a 28-0 margin. As a Rebels fan who can't attend this weekend, ill take that result. If Reds are expecting any sympathy when the Rebels were forced to fly up the same day as the game earlier in the year, your kidding.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Called off games in Europe were bonus point wins with a 28-0 margin. As a Rebels fan who can't attend this weekend, ill take that result. If Reds are expecting any sympathy when the Rebels were forced to fly up the same day as the game earlier in the year, your kidding.

That was the gov not the Reds.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)

My tip is Vic government Red zones Brisbane on the same 20/3 backdate as Qld government is using and locks them out. We end up playing in Sydney this weekend, because there is no way RA are going to let a possible game not happen somehow.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

why would the Rebels be running scared? Do you know have confidence in your team given who "well" they played v the Reds last time and how "poor" the Reds have been since?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Why the hostility?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So the Reds remained in Sydney, will currently have to take a Covid test and isolate till they receive the result. Know someone who was in Brisbane 2 weeks ago and had to go get tested and wait for the result yesterday.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I assume the Reds will travel on to Melbourne from Sydney, if they haven't already done so.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
I would not like to be in charge of logistics for the Soup at the moment.

WA have a track record of closing borders to anywhere that has become a C19 hotspot, wonder what will happen with the next Force home game against the Reds, I'd hate to see the Force lose hosting any home matches again this year.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
WA have a track record of closing borders to anywhere that has become a C19 hotspot, wonder what will happen with the next Force home game against the Reds, I'd hate to see the Force lose hosting any home matches again this year.
History says your boys will be on a long road trip for the rest of the season.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Yeah, Reds have stayed in Sydney.

But given all the drama for the Reds, this game is looking like a Rebs ambush could be on.

We lost by 3 points last time at your ground after being put in a very similar spot to what the Reds are in now. If we win its not an ambush, it's confirmation we are a better side than what we get given credit for.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
We lost by 3 points last time at your ground after being put in a very similar spot to what the Reds are in now. If we win its not an ambush, it's confirmation we are a better side than what we get given credit for.

Yeah I'd say Rebels are favs for this match despite the W/L record of both teams this season thus far.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Yeah I'd say Rebels are favs for this match despite the W/L record of both teams this season thus far.

Don't know if sarcastic or just under playing your boys, you beat us 2 times last yr & the other a draw. You beat us this year & haven't lost at all. I hope we beat you & have a chance if we can if we can play it on our terms but we are one good offload & 80m run or 1 scrum loss inside our own 22 from you guys blowing us off the park. In now way should we go in at shorter odds.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Be good to see a Rebels win to keep the tables interesting.

Is Matt To'omua injured (thought i saw someone mention this somewhere)? if so Rebels aren't a realistic chance.