• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 5: Waratahs vs Lions - Friday 28 February 2020 Super Rugby @ BankWest Stadium 7:15pm

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs need to turn things around this Friday. The Tahs have been hopeless but the Lions haven't been a whole lot better.

After an excellent performance by the Waratahs A side, Rob Penney has to throw some caution to the wind and give some of those guys an opportunity.

The side I would run with:

1. Robertson
2. Abel
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Simmons
5. Tafa
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Harris
9. Gordon
10. Harrison
11. Nawaqanitawase
12. Hunt
13. Foketi
14. Maddocks
15. Beale

16. Fitzpatrick 17. Bell 18. Faulkner 19. Holloway 20. Gamble/Tizzano 21. Short 22. Moeroa 23. Clark/Newsome

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
The Tahs need to turn things around this Friday. The Tahs have been hopeless but the Lions haven't been a whole lot better.

After an excellent performance by the Waratahs A side, Rob Penney has to throw some caution to the wind and give some of those guys an opportunity.

The side I would run with:

1. Robertson
2. Abel
3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Simmons
5. Tafa
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Harris
9. Gordon
10. Harrison
11. Nawaqanitawase
12. Hunt
13. Foketi
14. Maddocks
15. Beale

16. Fitzpatrick 17. Bell 18. Faulkner 19. Holloway 20. Gamble/Tizzano 21. Short 22. Moeroa 23. Clark/Newsome
I like it. Time for some change, particularly in the pigs. Haven't seen Tafa at lock before but some of these young guys can't do worse than the incumbents

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I like it. Time for some change, particularly in the pigs. Haven't seen Tafa at lock before but some of these young guys can't do worse than the incumbents

Tafa played lock at NRC and for the Tahs A team. Adds go forward and grunt. Hopefully he gets a run and does well as this is a big step up.

A mutterer

Desmond Connor (43)
i understand the reason why beale would be picked, but fuck me i'd support penny if he dropped beale to send a message.

i'd also have the pigs pick up nothing but celibacy and raw steaks this week, whilst also subjecting them to a steady stream of fake saffa accent voicemails each day insulting their mums.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
i understand the reason why beale would be picked, but fuck me i'd support penny if he dropped beale to send a message.

He definitely needs to lift his game. He's still providing a lot of the attacking spark though.

He should be on notice though. His play hasn't been good enough.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

i'd also have the pigs pick up nothing but celibacy and raw steaks this week, whilst also subjecting them to a steady stream of fake saffa accent voicemails each day insulting their mums.

You don't want them to cry you masochist!! Narr I hope the Tah's give the Lions a toweling, I want all Australia teams to be strong, shut the kiwi's and saffa's up about how weak we are.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
^ what about a bit of Tommy Raudonikus slapping each other in the sheds argie/bargie type stuff.

Back to the future.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Waratahs are favourites with the bookies at this stage.

I've invested a pineapple to ensure my evening at the game is enjoyable or at lesat I walk away with more money than I arrived :D

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Waratahs to face the Lions
1. Angus Bell
2. Robbie Abel
3. Harry Johnson-Holmes
4. Tom Staniforth
5. Rob Simmons
6. Lachie Swinton
7. Michael Hooper
8. Jack Dempsey
9. Jake Gordon