• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 5: Waratahs vs Lions - Friday 28 February 2020 Super Rugby @ BankWest Stadium 7:15pm

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He needs to play 12. He's almost certainly not a 13 these days but he smashes hard in defence and he trucks it up well breaking tackles and getting over the advantage line.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
At the risk of further off topic discussion. These “A” games have been great, but where are the Reds “A”? Didn’t want to get involved?

The Red's A team would be the QLD U18's surely. The first run team is already so young ;)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Angus Bell wow what a prospect. Looked like a backrower running that in. Bell & Tupou is some pairing for the future.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Angus Bell thought it was too good to be true running to his 2nd try, sadly it was. But good work by the ‘Tahs.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Nice try by Swinton, but someone ought to tell him to not jump in the air like that when there is cover defence coming across, just slide it in and play it safe.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Another great team try, looked inevitable but I feel that final pass was forward.

Edit: penultimate, from Hunt.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I thought the final pass might have been tapped by the Lions player, if not it was close to been forward

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Feel like I've died and entered another realm. The space beyond.

Brumbies beat some Kiwis last week, the Rebels played some good footy and the Tahs are playing like its 2014.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Im gonna say theres is nothing wrong with that tackle from Swinton, but with the rules these days, this could be anywhere between a penalty or red card

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I'd argue there were arms in that, but he just bounced off too fast for him to wrap them properly..

But shit, this TMO influence on the game is dire, just hurry up and make a fucken decision.

S

Show-n-go

Dunno how it was late, there was one step from when lions player had the ball and he got belted, there was definitely arms...you can see his hands holding the guys arms

Then the joke HIA call after ref ruled he didn’t get hit in the head

Everyone just saw a small guy get hit by a big guy and panicked