• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 5: Waratahs vs Lions - Friday 28 February 2020 Super Rugby @ BankWest Stadium 7:15pm

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Stuff Jonny, I want to know what Hayden Parker's routine was. Didn't he get up to 40 straight successful kicks or something for the Sunwolves before he missed one and then went on to kick like another 30 or so?

It's his routine you want.

Edit: Just looked it up. He was like ~95% success in Super Rugby.
https://super.rugby/superrugby/news/sharp-shooter-hayden-parker-sets-standard/

Wilkinson was 86.24% success.

Even people like Sexton and Biggar have had more success than Wilkinson being around 88% success.

Yes, but have any of them kicked a drop goal to win (bugger it!) a World Cup in extra time?

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Harrison wasn't too bad. He kicked the easy one, nailed one of ones from the sideline and missed a couple from the sideline (one glanced the upright). Needs to keep working on it but not too bad. Beale on the other hand had two sitters from his three, and he was lucky to get them between the corner posts!

Also, I question whether Maddocks boot is any bigger than Harrison's.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Yes, but have any of them kicked a drop goal to win (bugger it!) a World Cup in extra time?

:) It wasn't fun to watch live either. Never been in such a deflated crowd.

I'd back a lot of those other kickers to slot that one though.

It's interesting how much the drop goal has gone out of vogue. Pops up every now and then like that one from Biggar in our game against Wales in the RWC last year. Really it was his and Patchell's drop goals that proved all the difference in the end.