• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRAU RD 1 Western Force vs Brumbies, Perth Friday 19 Feb

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Super Rugby Returns to Perth (Probably)

So after the Force got to experiance the long tour that was the feature of Super Rugby again last year they finally get to play back in front of the Sea of Blue the best (self described) home fans in country.

The Force actually forced the Brumbies to kick a penalty in the trial game on Tuesday (claiming a moral victory for the Force) but other than re affirming that every Brumby forward knows how to maul, there is probably not much to be taken from the game as at no point did either team have their likely starting 15 on the field at the same time - with no Force fan actually sure what the starting 15 will be.

Biggest question though is what show will Twiggy put on for the crowd?

Optimistic prediction Force to win their first Super Rugby game in 1325 days.

Reactions: TSR

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
First part of the answer to the Twiggy Show

Apparently some band name Coterie are playing

https://www.facebook.com/Coterietheband/posts/258908502279934

Note I am not cool enough to know if this is good or not

We're not there for the band mate :D

Looking forward to Friday, early finish, beers and back at Forcefield for our first hit out. Back in the main game when we should never have left. New team, new squad, some exciting additions. Lets get this Force, big game....I'M PUMPED ALREADY!

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
I'm not going to lie, I'm wetting my pants with excitement.

Yes, the Force did a great job staying alive sans Super Rugby and those games kept me from going totally mad but this is the real deal.

We've pretty much got a sell out crowd of circa 10k (given restrictions), we're at home, we've some exciting big names, some of the guys who stuck around and the fans who've suffered.

There will be the people that were first there at Subi in 2005 (ish) when we lobbied for a team, those who were there for that first game in 2006 and those who were there in between and the last games. Those who were at the Rally in Floreat when the team was getting the boot and those that attended the interim games. Those that kept rugby alive at their clubs.

No disrespect to the Rebels but you have to wonder if they'd still be around if they'd been cut.

This game is for all of us who never stopped believing.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Just remembered that the Western Force's first game in the comp back in 2006 was the Brumbies. Let's hope for a reversal of the results this Friday

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
We're not there for the band mate :D

Looking forward to Friday, early finish, beers and back at Forcefield for our first hit out. Back in the main game when we should never have left. New team, new squad, some exciting additions. Lets get this Force, big game..I'M PUMPED ALREADY!

To be fair - neither am I. But the kids always like the show that was put on during GRR and if a name band brings some more causal spectators to the game that can only be a good thing.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Nice weather for Fridays game. Interested to see the first team sheet of the year to get an idea of what the coach thinks is his first 15. Think we should also get a look today at what the 2021 playing strip will be with Harvey Beef as the main sponsor. Hope the jumper is predominantly blue and not too busy with "design" bullshit

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
150731685_329102278544926_7958801468230774582_n.jpg

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies
1. James Slipper
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Darcy Swain
5. Cadeyrn Neville
6. Rob Valetini
7. Jahrome Brown
8. Pete Samu
9. Nic White
10. Noah Lolesio
11. Mack Hansen
12. Irae Simone
13. Len Ikitau
14. Andy Muirhead
15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS
16. Connal McInerney
17. Harry Lloyd
18. Tom Ross
19. Nick Frost
20. Tom Cusack
21. Ryan Lonergan
22. Reesjan Pasitoa
23. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Thoughts?

I quite like them both. Few too many sponsors from an aesthetic point of view but that's good from a team finance perspective.
One thing I know is, whatever the design you won't please everyone. For my two cents worth i would have preferred the home strip to be all blue, not a big fan of the fade to black. Need to see in person but every year the shade of blue seems to change.

Small details though and it won't stop this hard charging, razor wire eating, napalm pi$$ing band of Force hero's from spanking the Brumbies on Friday night!

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Not a bad looking team on paper. Open minded to see how they go Friday. A couple of observations, I'm all for rewarding loyalty but not sure if Brache ahould be starting. This may change as the season evolves. Domingo Miotti unlucky not to make the 23 (unless he has an injury?)

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
Forces bench is bloody better than their run on side.....think we're in for a close/good game!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
^ Wright is 6. Confused with L Wright.
Kata probably back next week.
It's some others that may be a concern.