• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRAU RD 8 - Reds v Brumbies

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So where does this get played?

Option 1 : Suncorp (Brumbies fly in fly out with permission they can play in Melbourne the following sunday)
Option 2 : GIO (2 games on in Syd that night, raiders away that week)
Option 3 : Qld Country Bank Stadium (Cowboys away that week)

I hope the Reds get the chance to play it at suncorp but I worry vic state govt. wont let anyone come from brisbane untill there is 14 days of zero cases. I like the idea of taking a game up to FNQ still a home game.

This should be an absolute cracker of a match & hopefully the reds get to host it & every chance to win & host a final.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Reds to the region’s. Give more people an opportunity to go. Move a game to Townsville and it sells out you know in the future you have options to play games up there and engage more Queenslanders. If nobody goes you haven’t lost anything better than playing away

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Pretty much. Broncos or Cowboys fans.
Never been there so have zero knowledge or understanding of the area. Was surprised with the amount of Aussie rules in Cairns when I was there but I guess that’s full of expat Victorians escaping the cold

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think Townsville is the best option brand new stadium and if its a Reds home final/game they should be able to make it as difficult for the travelling team as possible. They are after all the QUEENSLAND Reds not just the Brisbane Reds.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Pretty much. Broncos or Cowboys fans.

As true as that is, Mossman boy myself, I think if the game is advertised well enough people will turn out from the region. Get the local clubs involved provide free tickets for the kids and if they come so do their paying parents, and hopefully they bring their league supporting friends. It's not like the Broncos or Cowboys fans have alot to get excited about this year.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
I think Townsville is the best option brand new stadium and if its a Reds home final/game they should be able to make it as difficult for the travelling team as possible. They are after all the QUEENSLAND Reds not just the Brisbane Reds.
Also if you have to play finals there as well it could potentially be a huge boost for the game there if you won a championship playing out of Townsville. End of the day everyone loves a winner

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies will be very dangerous after their disappointing game (by their lofty standards) on Friday night.

Reds will be keen to nail down top spot and keep the momentum going.

It’s going to be a long week waiting for this one - hopefully there is plenty of promotion of the game and some Brisbane footy fans come along given how shit the Broncos have been.

My pick for the Reds team -

Zander (is he fit?), Mafi, Tupou, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Blyth, ASY (Angus Scott-Young), McReight, Wilson, McDermott, JOC (James O'Connor), Daugunu, Stewart, Paisami, Petaia, Campbell, Asiata/Hoopert, BPA, Fotuaika, Smith, Uru, Thomas, Hegarty, Flook/Droasese

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Bonus point situation will be interesting next week, if Reds lose they’ll be chasing a bonus point, might still be able to remain on top of table and secure home final either way

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Agree - but you do then create a banana skin situation with your last game against the Force in Perth.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Bonus point situation will be interesting next week, if Reds lose they’ll be chasing a bonus point, might still be able to remain on top of table and secure home final either way

we need to secure a bonus point and stop the brumbies getting a bonus point and we should get a home final....fingers crossed.

Reds are on 28 points, Brumbies on 24. Reds are 4 points better in for and against.

Games left -

Rd 8 - Reds v Brumbies
Rd 9 - Rebels v Brumbies , Reds bye
Rd 10 - Force v Reds, Brumbies bye

The Rd 10 game could be a mighty battle, The Reds may need a bonus point to get secure a final, and the Force may need a bonus point to beat the Rebels to third place.

Reactions: TSR

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Mathematically I think the Rebels could still get into 2nd too - although it would seem pretty unlikely at this point.

Brumbies would have to lose both remaining games without a bonus point and Rebels would need to win all 3 and get bonus points.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Brumbies should go into this game as favourites. The Reds have had a disruptive couple of weeks and only getting to sleep in their beds on Sunday? Brumbies have had ideal preparation.