• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRAU RD 8 - Reds v Brumbies

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Brumbies rolling out the big guns and bringing back AAA and Sio.

As some brumbies fans rightfully pointed out after the first match, Brumbies would have won if it weren’t for injuries/suspensions.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Undefeated and Underdog just don't go together.

I thought last year after the Reds kindly taking a knee against the Tahs so as to grant the Brumbies a home final you guys were going to repay the favour last week pretty poor form from the Brumbies really.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Brumbies were savaged last game by injuries. I think I saw some posters say they would have won by 3 or 4 tries if it wasn’t for the second half scrum issues? With a full compliment of players back the Brumbies should do this easily.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Brumbies rolling out the big guns and bringing back AAA and Sio.

As some brumbies fans rightfully pointed out after the first match, Brumbies would have won if it weren’t for injuries/suspensions.

The same Brumbies that the TAHs dominated last week who only looked like a b grade Subbie squad vs the mighty Reds who put the Rebels to the sword in Melbourne.. The team likely to finish 2nd in SRAU this year..

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The same Brumbies that the TAHs dominated last week who only looked like a b grade Subbie squad vs the mighty Reds who put the Rebels to the sword in Melbourne.. The team likely to finish 2nd in SRAU this year..

Don’t know mate, I wasn’t the one claiming the Brumbies would have won if it weren’t for injuries/suspension.
Personally i thought the better team won on the day.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Reds. By 5.

And some big names in the WB squad made. Or dampened. It's time for Neville, Valetini, Cusack, Samu, Ikitau, Banks - to show the clear dominance that the Brumby fan superiority complex demands.

Time to get it on.

Well Same can be said about Thor, BPA, Mafi LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), O'Connor, Paisami, Campbell and Stewart. Reds dont have any superiority complex... You got the best inside and outside centre in Australia possibly the world. The best Front Rower in the world who should clearly dominate all game. Campbell should be Wallaby fullback..

I mean our rag tag bunch of bums probably just shouldnt show up. Specially with the anointed ones in the backrow of Wilson and McReight, plus from what Ive read the future Australia 6 and Captain on the bench..

Sounds like unbeaten undefeated, Wallabies starting starts across the park or at least should be. whatever shall we do.. Reds by at least 14 and a bonus point

M10

Stan Wickham (3)
Reds dont have any superiority complex. You got the best inside and outside centre in Australia possibly the world. The best Front Rower in the world who should clearly dominate all game. Campbell should be Wallaby fullback..

I mean our rag tag bunch of bums probably just shouldnt show up. Specially with the anointed ones in the backrow of Wilson and McReight, plus from what Ive read the future Australia 6 and Captain on the bench..

Sounds like unbeaten undefeated, Wallabies starting starts across the park or at least should be. whatever shall we do.. Reds by at least 14 and a bonus point

Yes, if your only source of rugby knowledge was G&GR forums that's what you would think! ;)

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
I know he doesn’t deserve it but I want to persevere with Petaia at 13 and have your young gun Droasese on the wing. The more time Petaia gets at 13 the better for him and Aus Rugby.
Petaia has been given too much hype too early. Needs to concentrate on holding the ball and passing properly. At the moment it seems 'his ego is writing cheques his body can't cash'....Winger for now and just run.....

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Anyway, silly buggers aside.

This should be a good game between the two best teams in the comp. I’ll be up in Queensland to go watch it so hoping for a good crowd.

I’m sure Brumbies want redemption after round 4, and for the Reds this is the biggest game since the lost the grand final last year to the Brumbies.

Plenty of reputations on the line, will be interesting to see who rises to the occasion.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I see Tom Cusack is in the Brumbies run-on side.
Didn't he receive two yellow cards last week, which equates to a red card, which normally leads to suspension.
Or did I imagine it? (It was a good bottle of Shiraz enjoyed during the game:confused: ).

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
I see Tom Cusack is in the Brumbies run-on side.
Didn't he receive two yellow cards last week, which equates to a red card, which normally leads to suspension.
Or did I imagine it? (It was a good bottle of Shiraz enjoyed during the game:confused: ).
His first yellow was part of a team warning and therefore didn't count towards a 2 yellow for foul play condition. I think that's fair enough he was cynical in his second yellow but I don't think he warranted any further sanctions.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Reds. By 5.

And some big names in the WB squad made. Or dampened. It's time for Neville, Valetini, Cusack, Samu, Ikitau, Banks - to show the clear dominance that the Brumby fan superiority complex demands.

Time to get it on.

The Brumby fan superiority you say? o_O

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I have to say, given the Brumbies institutionalised dominance of Australian rugby in the past 10 years, as well as their traumatic and crushing grand final win last year, if the reds so much as make it out of their dressing room door i will consider their performance a raging success

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I have to say, given the Brumbies institutionalised dominance of Australian rugby in the past 10 years, as well as their traumatic and crushing grand final win last year, if the reds so much as make it out of their dressing room door i will consider their performance a raging success

Only as good as your last start.. Reds beat Brumbies in Canberra and while we just scraped by the Tah's you dominated the Rebels.