• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stade Français : Ewen McKenzie sacked !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Wow, knew they had 40-odd put on them last weekend but this seems a little drastic.

What will he say? A priori, Ewen McKenzie est en train de négocier sa sortie. A priori, Ewen McKenzie is currently negotiating his release. L'Australien, qui est sous contrat jusqu'en juin 2010, ne compterait pas s'asseoir sur son salaire. The Australian, who is under contract until June 2010, would not count sitting on his salary.

Google translation is still a little jumbled, mind giving a quick summary Jauzy?

jauzy19

Ward Prentice (10)
First of all, my english isn't much better than google translate's one. :lmao:

McKenzie's contract ends in June 2010 and he wants 100% of his salary even if he's leaving now.

S

Spook

Cheika is lined up for Melbourne. Overall, SF was poor under Link.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I just had a horrible though about S15 coaching.

Matt Will ... [shudders] ... Matt Williams. It's been a couple of years. He is about due to be sacked.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It sounds like a tough gig with turnover between games of 5 or 6 players a week due to various duties.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Adding to my comment above, it is quite possible that we will be looking for several coaches. Only Friend is secure. Mitchell, Mooney, Hickey all in danger.

Might have up to 4 new coaches for 2011.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Hickey shouldn't have been picked in the first place. Mooney is good but not ready yet. MItchell... um.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
I just had a horrible though about S15 coaching. Matt Will ... [shudders] ... Matt Williams. It's been a couple of years. He is about due to be sacked.

Too late, Scarfy, too late: Matt left Ulster earlier this year BEFORE he was sacked. Mumbled something about a "family, Sydney, 4 year plan". Couldn't quite hear it all.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
http://www.heavensgame.com/competit...enzie-talks-about-leaving-stade-francais.html

Ewen Mckenzie has spoken to heavensgame about his unexpected departure from Stade Francais.

McKenzie and Stade Francais have parted ways just 5 matches into the Top 14 season, despite having to endure a crippling injury list, illness and suspension toll.

McKenzie had this to say about the events "Definitely a shock. This is the first time in my career that I've finished up early on my contract but the reality is we've been working hard as an organisation to try and make changes and improve the performance."

McKenzie talked about the decision making process the club went through "The owner has decided he wants a new direction, we talked long and hard, we've tried to make changes and we've put everything into it."

On the chairmans decision "But the reality is he's entitled to make a call and he's done that.. as frustrating as it is.. because I don't think we are far away."

"I don't regret it, it's had its challenges. I've been dislocated from my family now for 14 months and that's certainly been a major challenge."

McKenzie will be expected to return to Australia and weigh up his options over the coming weeks.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Tough luck Link but your Paris team started like a house on fire last season only to wimp out in the 2nd half.

And then losing to Montauban at home last week - with 40 points against your team - getting the pink slip was always on the cards.

Come home son.

Status
Not open for further replies.