• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

State of Origin is like Interstate Politics right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
I think it's crashed the League Unlimited site. Either that or ive been banned for being a dirty Queenslander and a yawnion troll asswipe. Lol.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Now the server is down again as everyone south of the border jumps on and smashes the referee. Origin is rigged, Queenslanders are cheats yada yada.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Hell of a game. Not too much interest on here obviously ;-)

That last Qld try from the video ref was a bit dodgy. Loved seeing Gallen tell the refs that it was fucking bullshit etc Would that get you sent off in a Union game, that sort of dissent? He was pissed.

J

Jiggles

NSW chucked everything at QLD and could only get 2 flukey tries. QLD only got out of 2nd gear for 2 or 3 sets all night. regardless of that last try, the result was never in doubt.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don't think the NSW tries were flukey but I'd prefer flukey tries over fake ones.

To say the Inglis 'try' was just "a bit dodgy" is an understatement, that was an absolute howler. You'd have to be blind, or brain dead, not to see that. In previous years the rigging argument I've taken as a bit of a laugh -not real sure what to think after tonight though! QLD got the rub of the green all night. Playing in Melbourne didn't help it's practically a home game for QLD. Gallen was good in the short interview afterwards.

I just can't accept that officials with fully functioning brains can not collectively pick up on a number of simple things done wrong by both sides. How hard can it be? It's not a complicated game. If League refs tried to have a go at refereeing our game their brains would go into melt down.

This is either going to be a titanic come back from NSW in the series against all odds or another year of QLD dominance - I'm backing the latter unfortunately.

J

Jiggles

Yeah the Inglis try was very dodge, I couldn't believe they awarded it to be honest. But at the end of the day QLD were still in front at that point, on attack, at the end of the match. Like I said NSW didn't look like scoring all night.

Anyway don't worry about it too much, you still have 2 more matches to get back in it. After all it is only mungo ball and not exactly a Bledisloe.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
See, do we have to call it Mungoball? It's disrespectful to disabled people for a start, and I mean by that it's wrong to use a term that is a very disrespectful to mentally disabled people and then apply it as a nickname for a sport. And it just sounds like the user is some snobbish and superior acting. I know a lot of League supporters rubbish rugby and denigrate its fans, but Mungoball is a bit on the nose as a term.

(and I know I used it once when I first heard the term, but on reflection, it's not really appropriate)

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Surely if the ball is kicked directly into inglis it's either a charge-down or "not played at". That was my first reaction to the decision anyway.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
State of origin showed that staging has alot to do with attracting viewers and crowds. It's about cross promotion and synergy. especially preshow

Next Tahs home game needs

1: a random singer from a fox show
2: a performer from a musical.

May I suggest
1: Steve Liberman from crime investigation Australia
2:Bert Newton from wicked

D

daz

If Quade Cooper ever decides to play the league or union card again during the next round of contract talks, I suggest we call his bluff. He would immediately fold and re-sign with the ARU.

Nowhere to hide in league. I hate the bloody game but does anyone seriously think QC (Quade Cooper) would suddenly become a tackle machine? The bloke would be snapped in half.

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Much as I admire Quade's abilities, he ain't made for League. The way they tackle and the impact in the tackles is completely different when there is a play-the-ball instead of a ruck and maul to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.