• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Steve Hansen to coach beyond 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

I honestly cannot understand this. Would you not want to consider RWC results?

Here they made a big mistake extending Deans before hand and in this case there is minimal risk of Hanson going anywhere else.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'm kind of torn on this. Personally I prefer coaches' contracts to be for a RWC cycle and then an extension to be subject to a review after the RWC. The exception being coaches appointed out of cycle, like Cheika.

But if the NZRU feel his performance to date has been enough to earn him an extension then more power to them. However in that situation I would expect them to honour this extension no matter how the RWC went.

It's not a very likely scenario, but even if the ABs crashed out at the pool stages the NZRU should honour his contract.

T

Train Without a Station

But that's the point, whilst unlikely, why would you sign somebody when they could potentially fail badly at the most important challenge of the role?

It just makes zero sense for me. There's no risk of him going anywhere else, and whilst it's a very low risk, there's still a risk of poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.