• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Summer 7s Competitions 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
Emmanuel International 7s over the weekend saw the Australian team earn a hard fought victory of Sunnybank 19 - 5. Sunnybank put up a great fight in the 20 minute final and actually were first to score. There was some great defensive saves and a bit of aggression at the breakdown.
Iconz were winners in the Plate over UQ while Sunnybank's 2nd team Emerging Dragons won the Bowl over Brisbane Samoa.
Newstar and Brisbane Fiji finished 3rd and 4th.
Nick Malouf was player of the tournament.

happyjack

Sydney Middleton (9)
1 day comp at Brothers tomorrow with competition for Men and Schools.
Great to see Brothers supporting 7s Rugby.
Brisbane Fiji, Iconz, Newstar and Sunnybank are the top seeds.

RugbyMan5

Frank Row (1)
Quite a few Aussie teams play in the Singapore 7s. That is on November 1,2,3.

Yes it is an excellent tournament, believe both Randwick and Sunnybank are both competing in the tournament. I reckon both Aussie teams would be a great chance in winning the tournament.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Iconz won the Noosa International on the weekend overcoming Kings College in the final.
Sunnybank won the Women's comp.
Gold Coast schools selection defeated Sunnybank schools selection in the schoolboy comp.
Australia won the Women's Oceania Championships with a good win over World Champions NZ in the pool games and defeated Fiji in the final.
Peter Slatery has built a really good comp up the coast and it should be the blue print for how 7's tournaments are run.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Iconz also have the best jersey going around. I'll try and post a pick later today.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

Attachments

• Iconz.jpg
    Iconz.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 424

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Byron Bay 7's on this weekend. Apparently they turned teams away as they had limited spots.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I forget the scores but at Byron Bay - Norths men beat Tribe (I think that was their name) in the mens A grade final & Redland Bay beat Sunnybank in the women's A grade grand final.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Few teams having issues on their way to CC7's. Iconz hit a flying fox and Sunnybank had their bus breakdown.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Shame Wagga Wagga 7s next week had to be called off due to withdrawal of two major sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.