• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sunwolves v Lions Rnd 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

flat_eric

Alfred Walker (16)
Got to say I thought referee Ben O'Keefe had a pretty poor debut. Made some glaring head scratchers. Hopefully he gets better because he didn't particularly look up to refereeing at this level based on that game.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It would be great to see them be competitive. Looks like they are going to have a pretty decent following, jerseys have apparently sold out at both the ground and Canterbury shops.

Well watched the game....enjoyable game....showed they should be broadly competitive, need to tighten up in defence on few occasions but credible performance given late start to finalising squad etc which made less than ideal preparations. Seeing full house for the game and seeing large majority of Japanese players in the team getting exposure to super rugby can only improve and grow the game in Japan. Events overweekend just reinforced including extra teams from other regions right move and expect to see more over coming years as per recent news on the subject.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Well watched the game..enjoyable game..showed they should be broadly competitive, need to tighten up in defence on few occasions but credible performance given late start to finalising squad etc which made less than ideal preparations. Seeing full house for the game and seeing large majority of Japanese players in the team getting exposure to super rugby can only improve and grow the game in Japan. Events overweekend just reinforced including extra teams from other regions right move and expect to see more over coming years as per recent news on the subject.

Yeah, good start for the two of the new franchises. Certainly see at least one Nth American franchise on the horizon. Well, assuming ProRugby doesn't succeed which I actually want to see succeed. Nonetheless a successful beginning to Super Rugby's new future.

I actually have to chuckle at the idea tge of the three addition it's the 'new' SA franchise that will likely struggle to be competitive.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I just wanted to say that there were two games on the weekend that is the sort of rugby I want to watch. This was one of them.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, good start for the two of the new franchises. Certainly see at least one Nth American franchise on the horizon. Well, assuming ProRugby doesn't succeed which I actually want to see succeed. Nonetheless a successful beginning to Super Rugby's new future.

I actually have to chuckle at the idea tge of the three addition it's the 'new' SA franchise that will likely struggle to be competitive.

Yep - Japan, 2 Argentina Sides, 1 USA team and 1 Canadian team and there we have our first North American Super Rugby Conference

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

No reason why ProRugby can't success and also have 1 USA team in SuperRugby North American Conference - both could compete....and realistically ProRugby will have many years to develop so as to be strong enough to still operate and be pathway for US Super Rugby side.

Status
Not open for further replies.