• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sunwolves vs Waratahs - Saturday 2nd July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs fly off to Tokyo on Tuesday to take on the Sunwolves.

The equation is simple. The Tahs need to win their last three matches to make the playoffs. It's pretty clear that it is both essential to pick up the win and also get a bonus point in this clash as it is the easiest of the Tahs remaining three matches.

With Sydney's recent cold snap, the conditions in Tokyo could be a bit of a shock to the system. A 2:15pm kick off could very well see them facing 30 degree heat with plenty of humidity.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
30 degrees? Fuck I wish. Need to win the lottery tomorrow night to organise my tickets.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And don't you fucking forget it!

But the lead time is now out to a couple of weeks, so I've got time to get to Japan.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Plus: Internet monitoring. I can do that myself. Don't need servants like you bloody hoity-toity eastern suburbs lot

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
someone has to lighten the mood after making an exit from Saturday's match thread! that was depressing in there!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Anyway..If this was at SFS I'd say Tahs by 70. But it's in Tokyo and after the poms series we'll have some pretty tired players by the time they wake up on Thursday so I'll say Tahs by 30

G

galumay

Bit of a danger game for the Tahs coming off the break for some and the 3 straight losses for others. As pointed out they need to make it a bonus point win in order to keep their hopes open of the poison chalice of a place in the NZ finals!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Tahs are taking this game too lightly

Read they are resting about 11 internationals.

Sunwolves a real chance here and hopefully the Tahs don't rue the day !

Sunwolves by 12

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs are taking this game too lightly

Read they are resting about 11 internationals.

Sunwolves a real chance here and hopefully the Tahs don't rue the day !

Sunwolves by 12

You misread the article.

They are resting Phipps who is one of their 11 internationals returning to the squad.

Palu will probably miss the game through injury but I expect most of them will start and a couple will be on the bench.

Kepu is not part of the squad until next season.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
1. Paddy Ryan (74 caps)
2. Tatafu Polota-Nau (138 caps)
3. Tom Robertson (10 caps)
4. Dean Mumm (98 caps)
5. Will Skelton (50 caps)
6. Jack Dempsey (11 caps)
7. Michael Hooper (C – 93 caps)
8. Dave Dennis (VC – 104 caps)
9. Matt Lucas (24 caps)
10. Bernard Foley (74 caps)
11. Taqele Naiyaravoro (20 caps)
12. Rob Horne (99 caps)
13. Israel Folau (57 caps)
14. Reece Robinson (10 caps)
15. Andrew Kellaway (8 caps)

Reserves*:
16. Hugh Roach (18 caps)
17. Jeremy Tilse (57 caps)
18. Angus Ta’avao (60 caps)
19. Sam Lousi (15 caps)
20. Wycliff Palu (132 caps)
21. Ned Hanigan (2 caps)
22. Nick Phipps (94 caps)
23. David Horwitz (10 caps)
24. Tolu Latu (32 caps)
25. Matt Carraro (52 caps)

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Thought he had his 100th already?
It's complicated by any player who played for the Tahs against the Lions. I'm not sure if that's the case for Horne but Dennis celebrated his century on 2 consecutive weeks. One is Tahs caps and one is Super Rugby caps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Horne played his 100th Waratahs match against the Chiefs and now this is his 100th Super Rugby match due to the Lions match as Jagman pointed out.

Essentially it's a double celebration of pretty much the same thing.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.