1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super 15 fantasy competitions

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by hench, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hench Johnnie Wallace (23)

Just think we should create a list of all the fantasy comps that are available this year.

I assume the foxsports comp is running again. Any others?
  2. spooony Ron Walden (29)

I will start then
    http://www.udt.co.za/superrugby/restricted/Dashboard.j

The one you mentioned from Fox
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/fantasy

First one takes about 1 minute to register no Captcha surprisingly lol
    Created a league. Here's the code for those who want to join
  3. nevermachine Bob McCowan (2)

From my experience the Fox Sports one is ultimate, the rest are second best by a far shot and really quite boring to say the least!

With that Ultimate Dream Teams one listed above the only way you really score any points is if your players score a try or assists. 1 guy can play the game of his life, man of the match performance and only get 4 points, meanwhile a winger for example comes along, touches the ball twice the whole game, gets a gifted try passed to him and scores 30 points.

Fox Sports AU one analyses just about every aspect of the game to the point where I feel sorry for the guys who have to add up the points! LOVE IT!!!

Anyone know when the Fox Fantasy Super 15 will open up for registration this season?
    AngrySeahorse and Moses like this.
  4. spooony Ron Walden (29)

You can register I did already but the player choices are only between Queensland and the Crusaders at the moment
  5. nevermachine Bob McCowan (2)

I am registered, I have played the last 2 seasons of Super 15/"Try Notions" and the last RWC, so much fun!

Its just that since we are already in Super Rugby month I was hoping that there would be some sign of the 2012 Super 15 fantasy season starting. Before the start of the season I have to change my fantasy team around at least a MILLION times before I am happy, not to mention switch the gameweek captains armband a couple hundred times.:) Endless doubt :eek:

Sorry if I am being captain obvious, but the player choices are only between Queensland and the Crusaders at the moment because that was last seasons final.
  6. spooony Ron Walden (29)

I know lol have to wait till it starts. ESPN got the 6 Nations one going on as well if you want to play that one as well. But you got to hurry as the entries are closing soon
  7. barbarian Michael Lynagh (62)

Foxsports launched their fantasy today, not too many changes it seems:

8. barbarian Michael Lynagh (62)

I have created a league, and will start a new thread shortly. The code is:

47-3309
    Green and Gold Rugby
    AngrySeahorse and nevermachine like this.
  9. luikang Banned

10. nevermachine Bob McCowan (2)

Is it just me, or is the budget REALLY tight this year? o_O Anyone got tips on bargain players? The Beast is out for 3 months, so possibly that makes Dale Chadwick a bargain at 75k? :confused:
    SouthernX likes this.
  11. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

Any hints on players not likely to play much early on? Injury worries etc
  12. spooony Ron Walden (29)

Nah I got a good team and some crappy cheap subs. Forgot Quade is missing first couple of games so I got to take him out as a non playing player in fantasy competitions is useless as wet toilet paper
  13. meatsack Ward Prentice (10)

They seem to have broken down scoring more than just props getting extra points for a try. Other forwards also pay more for a try than the backs. There's also extra points for forwards lasting 60+ minutes. Front rowers get paid double for tackles, and 'turnovers forced' is a whole new stat isn't it? (pilfers are separately scored).

Full list is at: http://superrugbyfantasy.foxsports.com.au/rules/ (expand the scoring dropdown).
  14. barbarian Michael Lynagh (62)

OK so I have had a look at the rules and it appears the changes are as follows:

- Front Rowers get 4 points if they play over 60 minutes, other forwards get 3. Previously every player got only 2 points for over 60 played.

- Front Rowers get 15 points for a try, other forwards get 12. Previously this was only 10.

- Front Rowers get 2 points for a tackle, used to be only 1.

- Front Rowers get 7 points for a tighthead, and lose 3 for conceding one. From memory it used to be 10 points for a tighthead, and a loss of 5 for conceding one.

- And my favourite change is this "A try assist may be awarded to a player assisting in scoring the try, but not every try scored may be awarded a try assist." Previously the points for try assists went to the player who threw the final pass, regardless of their role in setting up the try. This rule change should see more points for 5/8ths and x-factor players who create tries (or score them singlehandedly) but don't necessarily throw the final pass.

That seems to be the only changes. It means that you can no longer save money by throwing in a couple of $75K props and hope they play 80 and make a few tackles, as they would never be that far behind the top props. Now you could have props pulling down consistent scores in the 20s and 30s, so good ones are essential.

15. barbarian Michael Lynagh (62)

And I will now close this thread, as there is a duplicate on the main board. Please direct all discussion there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.