• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super AU R2 - Reds v Rebels Suncorp Stadium 26/2

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
All things considered I thought the Reds were pretty impressive first game. Not by any means outstanding, but 41 - 7 is a cracking result.

Tougher assignment this week.

I won’t be surprised if Thorn continues to manage work loads for the Wallaby cohort over the course of the season, but Vunivalu’s suspension probably muddied the water a bit. I expect Tupou to come into the side, but think any further work load management/squad rotation might be on hold this week.

I expect a team something like this -

Zander
Mafi
Tupou
Blyth
Uru
ASY (Angus Scott-Young)
McReight
Wilson
McDermott
JOC (James O'Connor)
Daugunu
Stewart
Paisami
Petaia
Campbell

Asiata Hoopert Fotuaika Smith Tualima Sorovi Hegarty Vunivalu

I’ll leave it to the Rebs fans to name their likely side.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I think Rebels will push out the following

Gibbon
Uelese
Fa’amasuili
Hosea
Cummins
Kemeny
Hardwick
Wilkin
Powell
To'omua
Koroibete
Hodge
Vudogo
Anderson
Pincus

Orr - Hamstring
DHP - concussion
Magnay - quad
Skelton - leg fracture
Naisarani - knee

Maybe out

Leota - broken leg
Hanson - still in quarantine until later this week

Team will also be flying in on game day, which last year heeded 0 wins from all teams last season.

Personally I’ll be looking for a committed performance than the unlikely reality of a win

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

Gibbon
Uelese
Fa’amasuili
Hosea
Cummins
Kemeny
Hardwick
Wilkin
Powell
To'omua
Koroibete
Hodge
Vudogo
Anderson
Pincus

Orr - Hamstring
DHP - concussion
Magnay - quad
Skelton - leg fracture
Naisarani - knee

Maybe out

Leota - broken leg

Team will also be flying in on game day, which last year heeded 0 wins from all teams last season.

Personally I’ll be looking for a committed performance than the unlikely reality of a win

Prop, Albert Anae, has now joined the Rebels as his injury replacement.

The thirty-one-year-old will bring valuable Super Rugby experience to his new side, after making 27 appearances for the Queensland Reds over four seasons.

Joining Orr on the sidelines for Round 2 will be Captain, Dane Haylett-Petty (Medical reasons), Isi Naisarani (Recovering from post season surgery), Campbell Magnay (Lower body injury), Matt Gibbon (Recovering from post season surgery), Emosi Tuqiri (Lower body injury) and Jeral Skelton (Lower body injury).

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Prop, Albert Anae, has now joined the Rebels as his injury replacement.

The thirty-one-year-old will bring valuable Super Rugby experience to his new side, after making 27 appearances for the Queensland Reds over four seasons.

Joining Orr on the sidelines for Round 2 will be Captain, Dane Haylett-Petty (Medical reasons), Isi Naisarani (Recovering from post season surgery), Campbell Magnay (Lower body injury), Matt Gibbon (Recovering from post season surgery), Emosi Tuqiri (Lower body injury) and Jeral Skelton (Lower body injury).

Damn, was hopeful he was tracking for a week one start like Leota hopefully will be.

Guess they can wedge Eloff in there.

Does Van Nek play LH or mainly a TH?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised if the Reds put out the same starting team this week. They set the tone early and deserve to be rewarded.

I wouldn't mind seeing Uru and ASY (Angus Scott-Young) swap. Uru was great and would love to see him freed up a bit more.

Vunivalu will be added to the bench. I'd like Petaia to move to 13 and Pasami into 12 when he comes on.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
I expect one or both of the Argentines in there.

I hope we see Fa’amasuili and Tupou run into each other :)

Gibbon
Uelese
Fa’amasuili
Hosea
Cummins
Kemeny
Hardwick
Wilkin
Powell
To'omua
Koroibete
Hodge
Vudogo
Anderson
Pincus

Orr - Hamstring
DHP - concussion
Magnay - quad
Skelton - leg fracture
Naisarani - knee

Maybe out

Leota - broken leg

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
That decision is NOT the Rebels? What’s the back-story?
It’s understandable why the Rebels have to do a fly in. QLD currently requires people to have been out of Vic for 14 days, Thursday will be the 14th day. So will have to fly up on the day but allowed to stay the night. Not ideal for a rugby game but they are the rules for everyone so just have to get on with it

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It’s understandable why the Rebels have to do a fly in. QLD currently requires people to have been out of Vic for 14 days, Thursday will be the 14th day. So will have to fly up on the day but allowed to stay the night. Not ideal for a rugby game but they are the rules for everyone so just have to get on with it

So basically 14 days following health issues in Vic.

Honest Rebels, get over it.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
So basically 14 days following health issues in Vic.

Honest Rebels, get over it.

Really? Look at last years results, no team doing major travel on the day of a match won the game. Rebels wanting to arrive on Thursday and prepare properly for there first game is completely understandable. Let alone they have already been away from home for 2 weeks as they let Melbourne in a hurry just so this competition could go ahead with 5 teams.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Really? Look at last years results, no team doing major travel on the day of a match won the game. Rebels wanting to arrive on Thursday and prepare properly for there first game is completely understandable. Let alone they have already been away from home for 2 weeks as they let Melbourne in a hurry just so this competition could go ahead with 5 teams.

Last year was tough. We hope not so bad this time.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)

Is a 1.5 hour flight really major travel? I do agree it's a disadvantage but I don't think a major one.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Is a 1.5 hour flight really major travel? I do agree it's a disadvantage but I don't think a major one.

It's not just the flight time, but the 30-60 minute wait at the gate, the 30-60 minute bus trip to the air port (plus another 30-60 to unload from the plane, get on a bus to the city/hotel), the 20-40 minute drive from your home to the rebels training ground from your home plus the mental load of packing everything up.

It'd be a good half day when you add everything up.

Compare that to the home team who based on certain players Instagram feeds are more than likely eating an entire sushi train empty.