• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Round 5 Brumbies v Reds Saturday 7.15 GIO Stadium

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
I don’t quite get why we wouldn’t be starting McDermott against the strongest team in the comp.
It’s going to be an uphill battle.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Agree. Brumbies by 30+.

Darcy Swain & Joe Powell co-MOMs

Reg, you are apparently getting tonight's game mixed up with the match ear;y this year, before the Virus put a stop to proceedings.

This match will be closer.

The highlight will be Tate McDermott coming on at the 60th minute,immediately knocking the ball on at the base of the scrum, missing a one-on-one tackle on Joe Powell, and then being smashed in a clean out gone wrong by TT. Tate then leaving the ground on a stretcher with three broken ribs and the GAGR MOTM award.

Brumbies by 29.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Thorn seems to rate Malolua highly - and fair enough. He doesn’t have McDermott’s running game but his passing is excellent.

I’d prefer to see McDermott start but I’m happy to have two halves of such good quality.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Should be a cracker. Keen for a Reds win.

Not starting McDermott is a weird one.

It's the same strategy used against the crusaders that almost got us over the line. Not sure I agree with it but there is merit in having Tate come on late and lift the tempo, particularly given Malolua is no slouch.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Kafer at least sounds like he's played a few games before. He's not hugely insightful anymore, but Clarkie is just an autobot with a few pre-programmed phases.

Like a Krusty the Clown figurine.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Rolling maul tries ...... fuck me ..... Australia needs to be better than this .....

Any other attacking option ?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I know I supporting the Reds, but I starting to really go off Brumbies , I know we haven't got very good backs at Reds, but for christ sake, the Brumbies backs are just standing and passing the ball, does noone know the idea of draw and pass!! I know it easier to catch the ball, but...........:mad:

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Also - FUCK! I was looking at this thread earlier today thinking Fainga'a was a sure bet for first try, and probably good for two.

God damn it.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
This is supposed to be the best match of the round. Yet all im seeing is that Australian Super Rugby is so far off the pace in intensity and speed compared to the NRL its not funny.. Too many penalties, too much stopped play, too many knock-ons and scrappy handling around the ruck. Not to mention the maul, it's a blight on the professional game.

Rugby Union really needs to look at the rules if it wants to compete against the NRL in Australia