• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Round 8 - Brumbies vs Waratahs @ Canberra Stadium - Saturday 22 August @ 7.15pm

dru

Tim Horan (67)
People say that, but its been the Brumbies pressure thats caused it. And have scored cracking tries people cant say how amazing the Reds were against the force with out giving the Brumbies props

Got a bit of a chip there T. Brumbies pressure has been fab.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
People say that, but its been the Brumbies pressure thats caused it. And have scored cracking tries people cant say how amazing the Reds were against the force with out giving the Brumbies props
I think both games really just demonstrate that there will be very few Tahs or Force in the Wallabies. Not much more.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies have played very well. Tahs have been poor but it’s not like they’ve been dropping off a heap of tackles, the Brumbies’ tries have been well constructed.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
How many rounds have we actually played well? 3?

Edit: didn’t see well

There have been been good individual performances even when they lost. This is the second game they’ve played really poorly, the first being the Rebels in Sydney.

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)
I thought MacKellar had stuffed up resting all the players he did but that was a really good performance by the Brumbies. Their tries were really well constructed and they competed hard at the breakdown to really disrupt the Tahs.

A Wallabies team primarily made up of Brumbies and Reds might go ok.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Harrison had a shocker. Ill caveat it by saying he was behind a badly beaten pack.

Horton seemed to wilt under the expectation our lineout would fire. Absolute pants.

I dread to think what this team becomes minus a million buks.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Like the Force against the Reds, the Tahs did not give up even when the game was well beyond them. All in all, though, would be hard pressed to nominate an individual Tah who outplayed his opposite tonight. Most encouraging, from my point of view, was the Brumbies strength in the lineout. Back to normal, and had the better of the Simmons/Hanigan combination both there and in general play. Went a long way to establishing dominance across the field.

A contrast of styles between Keunzle and Harrison. Will still had the confidence to take the ball to the line, which has been a big improvement in his play recently, while Bayley just controlled the backline moves with a lot more maturity than his experience would suggest. Has a good eye for the right attacking moves close to the opposition try line.

I would have Simone as MOTM for his influence overall on how the game plays out.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Simone is an interesting pick. Hard for me to choose an individual in the Brumbies. Their set piece surpremacy is what really set them up.

Reactions: dru

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Harrison had a shocker. Ill caveat it by saying he was behind a badly beaten pack.

Horton seemed to wilt under the expectation our lineout would fire. Absolute pants.

Of course, of course, of course. How could I have missed that?;) There wasn't a whole lot between the two packs at scrum time. The Tahs had a bit of help from Gardner, but there was plenty of clean ball for Will to show his wares, and I think he did a pretty good job. I like the way he runs the ball to the defensive line now - a skill he wasn't showing early in his introduction to Super Rugby.

The Brumbies did cream the Tahs at the lineout and in general play. Much more determination and a bit of aggression.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Horton also had a shocker so with lineout wobbles and brumbies scrum dominance made for tough night. I thought Walton was good but foketel rubbish.

Hooper had a good game but struggle to see many other tahs visible