• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Jerseys 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

There has been a bit of chat about Rugby Jerseys of late... so:

New Zealand:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12308713_1248639595149884_6629903919358997131_n.jpg?oh=f7d70d871e4bdcd4283f1d1b7dc6610a&oe=56D83BA4&__gda__=1457439500_131b62058ed3e2d475522b3702df2f2c

Bulls:
1022.6666666666666x767__origin__0x0_Bulls_kit_2016_three_players.jpg

Lions:
Lions_2016_SR_jerseys_620_395_s_c1_top_top.jpg

Stormers:
large_Stormers-home-and-away-jersey-800.jpg

Reds:
reds15homefront.jpg

Brumbies:
Group02-1024x683.jpg

T

TOCC

The Stormers away jersey is the Crusaders home jersey, just a different sponsor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I have to agree.............

I thought the Chiefs had one of the better jerseys in recent years, but this one has taken it a bit far.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Really, I think it's rather ordinary with the polygon shapes..

I like the Chiefs, it's busy but rather unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask yourself the question: Would you wear any of them out if you were not going to the football? Maybe the Blues and possibly the Highlanders, but none of the others.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Really, I think it's rather ordinary with the polygon shapes..

I think they're meant to suggest a tartan. Hard to believe they won't have a front-of-jersey sponsor but other than that (& the fact it's not red & black, of course :)) I rather like it. Moreso than the new CruSadists or HorrorCanes ones.

I thought the Chiefs had one of the better jerseys in recent years, but this one has taken it a bit far.

Chiefs 2015 jersey was freakin' awesome but, yeah, I think someone's been sampling some Coromandel Gold or Te Puke Thunder for this year's effort.........

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
o_O

Eh?

I can't remember when or if they ever didn't all have the same main sponsor on the jersey front...

In recent years it's been bnz...

2014+New+Zealand+Super+Rugby+Launch+y_BV9dN5Uwpl.jpg

And before that it was Ford...

744404.jpg

Shows how much notice I take of the writing on jerseys Slim, or perhaps what my memories like. I have to take more notice and just stop watching what the players are doing!!:oops:

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Mate the Sunwolves will really need to pull a finger out if they want to top die Bloe Bulle and the Chiefs for most garish jersey next season.

Why do the Golden Lions have the Haga Sofia on their jerseys? And what was ever wrong with the original design of the Brumbies jersey?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I have to agree.....

I agree. The Chiefs 2014/2015 jersey is really good (I bought it) but this one is horronderous. They exaggerated the Maori design. The jersey looks very very stuffy. Serious the Crusadets jersey would be better with white logos on the chest

I have to agree.....

I agree. The Chiefs 2014/2015 jersey is really good (I bought it) but this one is horronderous.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
No Aussie Jersey would crack the top 5. Brumbies gone backwards. Reds same same. Rebels nice. Tahs ?

Force need to grow some balls and go for black/gold scheme incorporating a swan.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Force:

image.jpeg

Highlanders with front-of-jersey sponsor:

image.jpeg

Apparently Pulse Energy is an electricity retailer. I've never heard of them so I'm guessing it's just a re-branding of one of the powercos created by privatisation back in the '80's (like Telecom is now Spark).

Status
Not open for further replies.