• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Membership Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Reds just ticked over 16'000 members, Brumbies have 6'000.. not sure where the other provinces are at..

I did a quick comparison of membership prices, only included the standard Adult/Family full season membership as a base comparison.

Adult/Family

WA $200/490 ($170/410)*
ACT $280/675
NSW $120/300
VIC $180/432
QLD $185/390

*WA offered Seated/(Standing)

NSW offered a 2 or 4 game package, ACT and Rebels also offered a 3 game package each.

T

TOCC

Obviously things like the Stadium hire charges are going to effect the price of each provinces membership, so its hard to say what sort of profit margins each club is making on these membership, but interesting nonetheless.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
What about the membership packages that don't include season tickets? e.g. the Reds one is $85, what about the others?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
NSW $120? Really? What kind of ticket do you get for that?

Edit: Bronze = $120; Silver = $195; Gold = $286; Platinum = $377

Maybe I'm being a wanker, but I'd only want to sit in qhat they call Platinum - alongside the field of play on the sides. Even Gold is in the corners.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
Wow, I didn't realise the brumbies jacked their prices so much. Perhaps with the smaller venue they need to compensate with greater prices.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
The Reds family pass also includes a rugby ball, a DVD of the final from last year, 4 caps, 2 boot bags...and some other crap. Pretty sweet deal really.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
What about the membership packages that don't include season tickets? e.g. the Reds one is $85, what about the others?

The Waratahs non-ticketed membership is $40 (plus $9.95 transaction fee).

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Does anyone know if you sign up with the reds, do you get to ACTUALLY pick your seat (from available ones obviously) in the selected area? Although suncorp is pretty darn good no matter where you sit, there are definite seats I would like to pick if given the choice.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
The Waratahs one is a rip, you get nothing with it.

In Sydney with the already saturated football market you would think they would try harder.

That being said i would like to congratulate the Red and the Brumbies getting their membership to where it is.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Waratahs one is a rip, you get nothing with it.

In Sydney with the already saturated football market you would think they would try harder.

That being said i would like to congratulate the Red and the Brumbies getting their membership to where it is.

I thought $377 for 8 home games was pretty good actually. This has actually dropped in price.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
NSW $120? Really? What kind of ticket do you get for that?

Edit: Bronze = $120; Silver = $195; Gold = $286; Platinum = $377

Maybe I'm being a wanker, but I'd only want to sit in qhat they call Platinum - alongside the field of play on the sides. Even Gold is in the corners.

From the seating plan for the Tahs in 2012, some Platinum seats are past the 22m line and there are gold seats which are behind the posts, albeit at an elevated level...weird. The Bronze/GA seats look to be the best value.

EVERYFWDTHINKTHEYREA6OR7

Syd Malcolm (24)
The thing that stops me becoming a 'member' is how they define a 'member'

My understanding is that using the term member would imply that it is a club. I cannot speak for the other Australian Super franchises, but the Waratah's do not allow to vote on issues of the club in the same manner that some Rugby League clubs and AFL club's opperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.