• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Pre-Season Trial: Waratahs v Brumbies

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well, I can't edit it now. Must stay for context.

giphy.gif

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Were the tries from a maul?

Unlikely…

The Brumbies’ dominant maul game didn’t come in until after White left.

This was around the time of Henry Speight at his peak - equal top Australian try scorer with Folau in 2013 (Mogg was the next Aussie on that list).

Last edited:

Alex Ross (28)
If I remember right the Brumbies scored the most tries out of all the Aussie teams in 2012/13?
He certainly enforced a policy of dominating up front and at set piece but the backs had plenty of fun once they got the ball.
More in 2012. But in 2013 the Rebels and Tahs scored more tries than the Brumbies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
V the Bulls away -

Featuring Ita Vaea off the bench in 19 - god damn he was good when healthy.

This is a Tahs/Brumbies thread though so -

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Apparently I uploaded this a while back as it popped up, but having mentioned Ita Vaea I remember why I did -

Skip to 55mins on the game clock when Fardy and Vaea come on, crack a beer and relax. If that’s not one of the best ‘finisher’ performances you’ve seen, I’d love to see watch a better one.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Could be worse. I was fearing ACL.
It could definitely have been much worse. Four weeks means he misses Brumbies and the Drua, for six weeks add in the Rebels and the Hurricanes. I don't think we need him for the Drua and the Rebels, he's gone for the Brumbies where we needed his lineout work and field workrate and he could be ready for the Canes away, maybe from the bench. If there was any good time to do it then last Saturday was probably the pick.