• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby QF 2023 Brumbies vs Hurricanes:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Sefo Kautai, Nick Frost, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Jahrome Brown, Pete Samu, Nic White (c), Jack Debreczeni, Ollie Sapsford, Tamati Tua, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Blake Schoupp, Rhys Van Nek, Tom Hooper, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Noah Lolesio, Jesse Mogg

rugbyAU

Nev Cottrell (35)
BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Lachlan Lonergan, Sefo Kautai, Nick Frost, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Jahrome Brown, Pete Samu, Nic White (c), Jack Debreczeni, Ollie Sapsford, Tamati Tua, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Wright

RESERVES: Connal McInerney, Blake Schoupp, Rhys Van Nek, Tom Hooper, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Noah Lolesio, Jesse Mogg
strong bench

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Surely that's the death knell for Lolesio's RWC dream.
I don't think so, he should get good game time still and it's likely to be a close game, so there's every chance he's on the field to setup a winning try or kick a winning field goal (assuming Lonergan has the tee at that point). He may need the Brumbies to win to get another week to push his case though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hurricanes: 1- Xavier Numia, 2-Dane Coles, 3-Tyrel Lomax, 4-James Blackwell, 5-Caleb Delany, 6-Devan Flanders, 7-Ardie Savea (c), 8-Brayden Iose, 9-Cam Roigard, 10-Brett Cameron, 11-Kini Naholo, 12-Jordie Barrett, 13-Billy Proctor, 14-Daniel Sinkinson, 15-Josh Moorby. Reserves: 16-Asafo Aumua, 17-Tevita Mafileo, 18-Owen Franks, 19-Isaia Walker-Leawere, 20-Du'Plessis Kirifi, 21-Jamie Booth, 22-Ruben Love, 23-Bailyn Sullivan

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Toole will be a big loss, and the Brumbies low on decent outside back replacements at the moment...

I thought Sapsford might've pipped Tua for the 12 jersey after last week if Toole wasn't out.

I also wonder if the Brumbies might be better served going with the same backrow combinations as last week with Hooper at 6 and shifting to lock in the second half, and bringing Samu and Reimer off the bench.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Come on Slim, Carter Gordon missed a week due to concussion but went straight back to 10 because he's the best we have. No shame admitting ya boi is on the outer.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I was just coming to post Cane's team, WOB beat me to it. I stll feeling confident, we got this!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ slight faves on TAB ($1.77/$2.00) last I checked which I found a touch surprising but obviously you're not the only one feeling confident.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd say the Canes would have to easily be favourites going into this match based on both teams respective form...