• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 6 Rebels v Sharks, Fri 23rd of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Redemption.

I hate the bloody Sharks, no real reason except for the first class where they managed to walk away with a win in one of the best games at AAMI park.

Best game that we did not win anyway.

Colby to start, maybe Timani to the bench and give RHP a shot at 6.

If DHP is not fit I would start Maddocks at 15 with the two flying Fijians on the wings.

Hopefully Uelese is back, Rangi set piece work was not up to Super Rugby standard. Understand why we let Hanson go, still does not make it easy to watch when we could have had quality Hookers in our squad.

D

daz

This game is going to make for interesting viewing, if for no other reason to see how Dave W and his team respond to being pantsed by the Tahs.

We have seen how the Rebels can win when the rub of the green is with them; they can run and attack with the best of them.

Really keen to see the character of this team after scoffing down a bit of humble pie.

No score predictions - The Rebels just simply need to win, to make us truly believe.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Huge game for the Rebels.

After the flogging last week can they get up in that first 30 minutes particularly if the Sharks take it to them.

Hopefully Rebs don't capitulate in the second half.

Interesting

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Backrow of Colby, Mafi and RHP? OR Hardwick, Mafi and RHP.

Certainly not 4 second rowers again.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
^^Was hoping Uelese was back. Huge gap between him and Rangi in my opinion. So that makes?

1. Faulkner
2. Rangi
3. Ainsley
4. Parling
5. Coleman
6. RHP
7. Fainga'a
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. JD
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. English
14. Naivalu
15. Maddocks

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Is Uelese properly injured? Rangi has been serviceable but the rookie bloke's debut was pretty forgettable.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Is Uelese properly injured? Rangi has been serviceable but the rookie bloke's debut was pretty forgettable.
Can forgive the rookie, came on when the Rebels had lost all momentum.

Rangi missed 3 or 4 throws in a row which really hurt.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DYyfdywVoAAXfCP.jpg:large

Shiggins is popping the Champagne as we speak.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Melbourne Rebels team for Sharks, Friday 23 March, AAMI Park, Melbourne:

Tetera Faulkner
Anaru Rangi
Jermaine Ainsley
Geoff Parling
Adam Coleman (c)
Angus Cottrell
Colby Fainga’a
Amanaki Mafi
Will Genia
Jack Debreczeni
Marika Koroibete
Billy Meakes
Reece Hodge
Sefa Naivalu
Jack Maddocks

Reserves:

Mahe Vailanu
Fereti Sa’aga
Sam Talakai
Matt PhilipRoss
Haylett-Petty
Richard Hardwick
Michael Ruru
Tom English

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I will be interested to see how Hodge goes at 13 as I know some have mused that he might eventually end up as the Wallaby 13. Backrow is more balanced but Hardwick is a bit stiff not to have started a game yet.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well i was right about the 23 and the power pack (almost), ("one would think if DHP is out, then Naivalu in and Maddocks to fullback (as should have happened on Sunday). Meakes to come off the bench. only one of Timani, Cottrell, RHP to start and either Fainga'a or Hardwick at 7. BUT i wouldn't be surprised to see the "power pack" start again and a 6/2 bench, with Parling in the 23"). very tough on English imo. i would have left the centres alone and kept Meakes on the bench, despite his good game.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I'd like to see Hardwick have a longer run than he's had so far. Interesting centres combination too. Looking forward to Shiggins' feedback on the team!

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
he is an Englishman, former British and Irish Lion, toured here with them in 2013. Philip has worked very hard and may need a spell.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Coleman needs a big game.

For himself - he has not been playing to HIS standard

For the Team - Coleman, playing well lifts others around him. Coleman playing not so well
has a detrimental effect on the rest.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Parling is doing a bit of a late-career southern sabbatical. Former England and Lions lock.
he is an Englishman, former British and Irish Lion, toured here with them in 2013. Philip has worked very hard and may need a spell.
Thanks, seems like a handy player to pick up. Would be nice if you could have shared some of these locks with the Tahs.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Pleased to see Saaga rotated into the 23. Here’s hoping he rumbles over some unfortunate tired Sharks when he comes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Sharks the Beast back. Will be a big test for Ainsley.

Sharks: 15 Curwin Bosch, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Marius Louw, 11 Lwazi Mvovo, 10 Rob du Preez, 9 Louis Schreuder, 8 Tera Mtembu, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Jacques Vermeulen, 5 Stephan Lewies, 4 Ruan Botha (captain), 3 Thomas du Toit, 2 Akker van der Merwe, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Replacements: 16 Franco Marais, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 John-Hubert Meyer, 19 Hyron Andrews, 20 Wian Vosloo, 21 Cameron Wright, 22 Kobus van Wyk, 23 Garth April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.