• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd2 2020: Brumbies v Rebels

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
I've decided to coin a new term

'Car crash Rugby'

The inaugural winner? Well done Rebels.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Samu back on. What a class act

His metres-after-contact would (I reckon) make him a running back prospect quality.

So many hot young things in the back row stakes (Valentini, Leota etc etc)

You know you'd back Samu to top the stats against all those blokes.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Samu back on. What a class act

His metres-after-contact would (I reckon) make him a running back prospect quality.

So many hot young things in the back row stakes (Valentini, Leota etc etc)

You know you'd back Samu to top the stats against all those blokes.

6 runs, 92m, 5 tackle busts. Not bheed...

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Good game.

Rebs surely must have too much star power to cop an almighty touch up. Not sure Korobeite even touched the ball?

Hooking Hodge and Cottrell was tactical? Rebs only down by 5-odd when they pulled Cottrell at 50 mins, he seemed to be going great guns

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
He did... kicking it out on the full.
Watch the replay, Berry puts his foot in the way of that kick, should have been taken again and not a scrum. Worst cheating by a ref in a long time.

Well done Brumbies, deserved the win. Rebels showed some signs of playing real rugby.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Watch the replay, Berry puts his foot in the way of that kick, should have been taken again and not a scrum. Worst cheating by a ref in a long time.

Well done Brumbies, deserved the win. Rebels showed some signs of playing real rugby.

That was the first take. Berry as trying to stop him going too quickly.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Wessels needs to give up the SA experiment. The forward pack isn’t dynamic enough to win contact also aussies are used to playing with an on baller.

Team needs to go back to basics, keep it simple and play the percentages. They can worry about been expressive in a few years time when the club has some foundations on basics.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I'm not so convinced of that. Plenty of improvement required. Brumbies also need to do better, sections of the second half they played down to the Rebels level.

Not at all a ringing endorsement of Aus rugby.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm happy for Simone

I watched him when he first broke through in NRC. He was toying with blokes. Making them look silly.

Then he went to shit, which made me look bad for bigging him up to everyone in the first place.

Thanks Irae. We're good again bro.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Er, no........... it was taken again.

Berry stopped him from taking the kick too quickly on his first attempt as there were substitutions............

DHP then kicked it out on the full with his second attempt.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Good game.

Rebs surely must have too much star power to cop an almighty touch up. Not sure Korobeite even touched the ball?

Hooking Hodge and Cottrell was tactical? Rebs only down by 5-odd when they pulled Cottrell at 50 mins, he seemed to be going great guns

Korobeite spent too much time in the traffic. The play makers really failing to unlock his potential. The hands in the game from Rebels really poor. Feel like issues in the headspace. The subs looked better with nothing to loose.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just what Ruan wants here. Another scrum.

Ruan a bit unlucky with the ref. Late scrum in the first half could have been a penalty against Slipper for elbow on the ground but no call by Berry and Slipper recovered to get the penalty when Ruan turned inwards. Well deserved penalty against DSlipper in the later (last?) scrum of the first half.

Reactions: dru