• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd2 2020: Brumbies v Rebels

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I’m confident they have the roster to turn it around, I’m not confident Wessels is the right coach to make that happen

It;s sad. I was really very hopeful about Wessels but I doubt I'm the only one reconsidering.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Meh. I think hes probably a fine coach. The Rebels have 0 history of being anything other than shit and it would take something pretty phenomenal to change that at this point. Last season was their chance and they didn't even get a finals spot.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Meh. I think hes probably a fine coach. The Rebels have 0 history of being anything other than shit and it would take something pretty phenomenal to change that at this point. Last season was their chance and they didn't even get a finals spot.

What do you base that evaluation on? I get the impression he's a really good bloke, but not sure that points to him being a fine coach atm unless fine means something different for you?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
What do you base that evaluation on? I get the impression he's a really good bloke, but not sure that points to him being a fine coach atm unless fine means something different for you?

it's not an evaluation at all - just a guess.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wessels appeared to be doing a good job with the Force, turning around that team before they were culled.........

And he was regarded as a pretty good assistant coach, particularly with his time at the Brumbies...........

I don't know if he's a bad coach, but certainly he's not having the same success at the Rebels as he did with the Force, and that could be a number of factors........... there are murmurs regarding the Rebels' "culture."

I think he just needs to go elsewhere to regain some form.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
He's won more games with the Rebels in both seasons than he ever did with the Force though right?

edit, and more than (say) Brad Thorn has too