• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 10: Reds v Brumbies 5 Sept

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think this widespread limited understanding of their capabilities as a team has served the Brumbies very well over the past few years. Focus too hard on the maul defence and they'll tear you to shreds with a huge range of lineout variations and enterprising set piece back line play. Get complacent and two or three times a season they can slip back to just mauling a team into the dust.

While I'm sure the post you replied to was meant with a large dose of sarcasm, I do agree with the gist of your reply. Pretty sure, though, the other Aussie teams don't hold the same misguided view of the Brumbies as many posters here do.

Reactions: dru

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
@Uh huh can't tell if you're being serious or continuing the tongue in cheek line of commenting.

Enterprising back line play, what?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So, Bill's cousin Phil, you subscribe to the urban myth about the Brumbies attacking ability, or lack thereof. Hope you have some influence with Brad Thorn.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Great 23 for the Reds. Probably the strongest they've put out this year? Sans the lost locks.

Great match ups all over the park. Really looking forward to this one. Hopefully both teams bring their A game attack wise following the North v South game.

B

Bobby Sands

I don't think the Brumbies will strike too much fear into this Reds side. Respect sure, but I don't think they hold any upper edge mentally over a young QLD side.

The Reds were the better team in Canberra both times, and somehow lost both games.

They will be right up for this.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
I don't think the Brumbies will strike too much fear into this Reds side. Respect sure, but I don't think they hold any upper edge mentally over a young QLD side.

The Reds were the better team in Canberra both times, and somehow lost both games.

They will be right up for this.

Brumbs still manage to get up in those games though, where as we have been guilty this year of losing games we should have won. Hopefully a bit of experience and a few more Ws will turn that around for this young squad.

This Brumbies team can turn it on or revert back to Northern Hemisphere test match style when things aren't going their way. It'll be a tough tight game but the head and heart are telling me Reds.

If the Reds win this it will be a huge confidence boost going into next week and hopefully the week after.

B

Bobby Sands

Brumbs still manage to get up in those games though, where as we have been guilty this year of losing games we should have won. Hopefully a bit of experience and a few more Ws will turn that around for this young squad.

This Brumbies team can turn it on or revert back to Northern Hemisphere test match style when things aren't going their way. It'll be a tough tight game but the head and heart are telling me Reds.

If the Reds win this it will be a huge confidence boost going into next week and hopefully the week after.

Very different set up on a dry track at Suncorp.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Brumbies go into this game as favourites, it’ll be interesting to see if the Reds can cause an upset

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
What's going on??? The Brumbies backs are passing it around & having a run - don't they know the ball isn't meant to get past their no 10....