• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Television Ratings 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I was forced to watch the channel 10 version and thought it was very ordinary. Gordon Bray lost his voice and the analysis was bad. Who the hell is this Stu MacKinnon bloke anyway?
1 million viewers is not a bad start.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I was forced to watch the channel 10 version and thought it was very ordinary. Gordon Bray lost his voice and the analysis was bad. Who the hell is this Stu MacKinnon bloke anyway?
1 million viewers is not a bad start.

Count your blessings, mate. At least we have got something on FTA in a couple of cities.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The fucking halftime show with Bondi Vet was a mystery to me. That's the problem with FTA - cross promotion.

Par for the course, I imagine. I very rarely watch comercial FTA (apart from SBS, that is).

TEN is struggling so we can expect them to do everything they can to promote their shows. The Pan Pacs are on this week, so maybe that will help lift the ratings for the Bledisloe on Saturday, the game leads into the swimming.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
While we patiently wait for some kind soul to post the ratings for the recent test match, are there any figures for the MRC game last thursday night?

Would be good to know if the NRC matches are getting any viewers.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Not great, but not too bad for a 5:30pm kick off for Bledisloe II
262k Fox
486k TEN

748k in total

@MediaweekAUS: Sat STV #rugby #Bledisloe Game 2 #Auckland 262k (metro+regional) #FoxSports

@MediaweekAUS: Sat TV #rugby #Bledisloe Game 2 #Auckland TEN 486k (Syd 228k Mel 65k Bri 131k Ade 24k Per 39k)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Great to see that the game was on FTA in all the states.

Which begs the question, why was it on Fox? Have the anti-siphoning rules changed?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Great to see that the game was on FTA in all the states.

Which begs the question, why was it on Fox? Have the anti-siphoning rules changed?

They have the rights to it.

The anti-siphoning laws dictate that it has to be on FTA as well but that doesn't stop Foxsports from showing it as they also own the rights.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
They have the rights to it.

The anti-siphoning laws dictate that it has to be on FTA as well but that doesn't stop Foxsports from showing it as they also own the rights.

besides, I would miss out because I only have foxtel, which I only have for the rugby.

imagine the irony of me missing tests because I only have foxtel for the rugby yet miss the rugby.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Do people really not have FTA channels on Foxtel? For mine:

100 = 9
107 = 7
110 = 10
127 = 7Two
129 = Go!
131 = Eleven
207 = 7Mate
209 = Gem
210 = One

I can't remember ABC & SBS exactly, but 102 & 104 respectively, plus 202 for news24 and 228 for SBSHD sounds about right.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
They are only re-broadcast on Foxtel cable, not satellite or online (Foxtel Go / Foxtel Play).

Happy

Dave Cowper (27)
Do people really not have FTA channels on Foxtel? For mine:

100 = 9
107 = 7
110 = 10
127 = 7Two
129 = Go!
131 = Eleven
207 = 7Mate
209 = Gem
210 = One

I can't remember ABC & SBS exactly, but 102 & 104 respectively, plus 202 for news24 and 228 for SBSHD sounds about right.

This is only true in the capital cities. In every other area a regional station has the rights to FTA, except for the ABC and SBS. That means Foxtel subscribers in Canberra, for example, do not get any of the channels you have listed, because broadcast rights are owned by WIN, Prime and Southern Cross.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Lot of noise about the A-League coming of age and pulling away from rugby in popularity. The media is suggesting it's only a matter if time before it displaces AFL in popularity.

Last nights much publicised Melbourne derby had 42k attend (v. Good) but only 87k tuned into Fox.

Likewise the GF Asia champions league in which the Wanders are playing had 113k.

These aren't big numbers for all the hype.

Rugby needs to take a leaf out of the FFAs book and talk it self up more.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
The 4 nations test NZ vs. Australia had:
555k Nine and 136k on GEM.
Bledisloe 3 had 493k TEN and 237k Fox
Ta for the numbers.

Those are not record breakers but I suppose a difference ~ 40k a week apart is interesting to note.

Suncorp attendances were 47,813 RL and 45,186 RU.

Status
Not open for further replies.