• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Tipping 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So far I've got the Lions wrong in all three games and the Crusaders wrong in both of theirs.

Apart from that, my tipping isn't going too badly.

Canes vs Brumbies and Bulls vs Blues seem the trickiest tips to me this week.

I think the Crusaders will get their first win and the Rebels will win in Perth.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Crusaders were my only let down too, gone for a punt Hurricanes and Stormers this week.
Hurricanes are $1.65 favourites with the TAB somewhat surprisingly but the Saders are very short priced to beat the Stormers which is your big punt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Hurricanes should edge the Brumbies though will wait for the team to be out. Leaning to the Blues at this stage, Bulls will battle the Lions for last in the SA conference.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
You've left me sitting on the fence in 50% of the games ready to blame you no matter what the result!

I hope you're happy!

Then my work here is done. ;) Whatever you have been doing to date seems to have been working well for you but.

What's your tipping name @Suckerforred ?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
SuckerForRed....... And I have absolutely no idea where I am on the ladder. My tipping says that I am 59/1502 but I can't find myself on any list.

Is anyone else finding the website really hard to get around? Both tipping and Fantsay?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Ah ok. Yeah there have been others that are registered but haven't made it into the GaGR league.

Yes I have found the site to be difficult to navigate etc. I have fired off some feedback to them and I assume they will be looking for ways to make it more user friendly. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
It's hard to navigate & a hassle to have to log in every single time I want to check how things are going, they should follow the SuperBru model imo, a great tipping site that one!. And damn you Scoey, you swayed me off of tipping the Brumbies last night! :p

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Is it just me, but the Joker points don't seem to be adding into the total on the table in our comp? I have 14 wins, and 14 points, but 3 of those wins were joker picks so should be 17? Checked a few other punters at random, and they seemed to have the same error. Am I missing something with the Joker concept? Do they only add in later?

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
yeah, something weird with the joker. On mine it seems I have one point from a joker but I have 2 more joker wins where I don't have points from.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
SuckerForRed... And I have absolutely no idea where I am on the ladder. My tipping says that I am 59/1502 but I can't find myself on any list.

Is anyone else finding the website really hard to get around? Both tipping and Fantsay?

Big time - I got a perfect round and it says i went backwards 49 places?
Funding super bru heaps better.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Long time Footytips.com.au tipper.

Dabbled in superbru but find it a bit frustrating.

Have registered with G&GR ARU tipping - awaiting approval to join the comp, giving up a 20 tip head start to the leaders.

It seems to be ok so far, but this weekend will be my first round.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The best tip I can give you HJ is to bone up on the weekly tipping preview on the front page! :D

Seriously though, they run mini comps within the tipping comp where the best tipper for each 'period' is awarded a prize.

The 'periods' are:
Period 1: Round 1 to 6 inclusive 15/02/2014 - 22/03/2014
Period 2: Round 7 to 12 inclusive 28/03/2014 - 03/05/2014
Period 3: Round 13 to 18 inclusive 09/05/2014 - 06/07/2014
Period 4: Round 19 to Final inclusive 11/07/2014 - 02/08/2014

So you may have given the rest of us a 20pt start in the big comp but you're on level pegging for periods 2 to 4. Good luck mate!

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Looks like they fixed the joker points scoring on their website - not that it helped me much...

Edit: Looks like someone's playing with my profile this week. Earlier this week I suddenly had Stan Wickham (3) under my name, now I have Frank Nicholson (4). Hmm from a New South Welshman to a Queenslander. Don't think it's going to help my tipping this week either way..

Status
Not open for further replies.