• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby trial Rebels v Tahs (Sat 3 Feb)

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
I went, the rolled a lot of players through so it was hard to keep up with that. Seemed to play 40 minute first half with close to a best team each then 3 20 minute periods in the second half with a big blend of squad players and most of the starters resting.

Promising signs for the Rebels, looked to play a very attacking style much the same as last year. They had the best of the Tahs scrum.

Was hard to see stands outs for either side with how much they rotated with the heat. Not a great run down I know

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Rebels finished the game with pretty much a all local team, lot of big islander kids on the field smashing tackles and rucks.

Kellaway was looking good at FB with the ball in hand. Daugunu looked good, think he did 20 on the wing and 20 in the centers.

Seemed Leota is only just back on the park, was doing some fitness testing before taking the field.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Did Carter Gordon play in this trial and how did he go if yes ,,, i think he is a great talent but he seemed to get bashed up in the World Cup and i hope he is ok for 2024

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Can't answer your question about if he played or not, but it seemed to me that it was his confidence rather than anything physical that got bashed up at the RWC. Like you, I hope he is good for 2024. One of the really big hopes for the Wallabies to come.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Can't answer your question about if he played or not, but it seemed to me that it was his confidence rather than anything physical that got bashed up at the RWC. Like you, I hope he is good for 2024. One of the really big hopes for the Wallabies to come.
He played, didn’t play big minutes. Mason probably spent more time at 10