• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Week 17, 2018 - Rebels vs Waratahs - Friday 29 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The match that could decide the Aussie conference.

If the Tahs win it will be very difficult for the Rebels to catch them. If the Rebels win their destiny is in their own hands with two rounds to play.

The Tahs look like they'll be without Michael Hooper and probably Israel Folau.

The Rebels without Will Genia and probably Adam Coleman.

Big game!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
l0ll, haha, no way Super Rugby is still going. During the break they would've just quietly hoped everyone would forget about it and no one would have to bother with any of it anymore. Then in marches Braveheart81, the boy scout whistle-blower.

l0ll, like I'm going back to watching the spatula-brained Auckland Blues stumbling around a completely empty Eden Park on the weekends, haha like fuck

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
l0ll, haha, no way Super Rugby is still going. During the break they would've just quietly hoped everyone would forget about it and no one would have to bother with any of it anymore. Then in marches Braveheart81, the boy scout whistle-blower.

l0ll, like I'm going back to watching the spatula-brained Auckland Blues stumbling around a completely empty Eden Park on the weekends, haha like fuck

off topic.jpg

Warpath

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rebels should really give Fijian youngster, Frank Lomani a run, he was brilliant for Fiji during the June test and deserves to atleast make the bench for this game.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Even without Hooper I wouldn't be surprised to see the Tahs stay small and fast and start Wilkin, Miller and Wells in the backrow and keep Hangian at lock with Simmons.

It's going to be tough for the Tahs in these last three rounds without Hooper and potentially Folau.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i think the relative loss to their sides of Genia + Coleman > Hooper + Folau, but we will see on Friday. whether Foley, Phipps, Simmons, Latu, Roberston, Hanigan can all come up mentally after the Irish series clearly will have an impact late in the game. as someone mentioned elswhere the Irish have played DHP and Koroibete in to form and Hodge has not had many minutes. Mafi has played three tests also. The other Rebel Wallabies have just had intensive training.

Should be close but i think Tahs are deserved favourites at this stage.

Who will start at 10 for the Rebs ?

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Predicted lineups?

Based on form, injury and what they both named last time out, I'm expecting something like:

Rebels: 15 Dane Haylett-Petty, 14 Jack Maddocks, 13 Tom English, 12 Billy Meakes, 11 Marika Koroibete, 10 Reece Hodge, 9 Michael Ruru, 8 Amanaki Mafi, 7 Colby Fainga’a, 6 Angus Cottrell, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Matt Philip, 3 Jermaine Ainsley, 2 Anaru Rangi, 1 Fereti Sa’aga

Replacements: 16 Nathan Charles, 17 Tetera Faulkner, 18 Sam Talakai, 19 Sam Jeffries/Ross Haylett-Petty, 20 Lopeti Timani/Richard Hardwick, 21 Harrison Goddard/Frank Lomani, 22 Tayler Adams/Jack Debreczeni, 23 Sefanaia Naivalu

Waratahs: 15 Israel Folau, 14 Cam Clark, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Kurtley Beale, 11 Taqele Naiyaravoro, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Nick Phipps, 8 Michael Wells, 7 Will Miller, 6 Ned Hanigan, 5 Rob Simmons, 4 Jed Holloway, 3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Tolu Latu, 1 Tom Robertson

Replacements: 16 Damien Fitzpatrick, 17 Harry Johnson-Holmes, 18 Shambeckler Vui/Paddy Ryan, 19 Tom Staniforth, 20 Brad Wilkin/Maclean Jones/Lachlan Swinton, 21 Jake Gordon, 22 Lalakai Foketi, 23 Bryce Hegarty/Mack Mason

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Predicted lineups?

Based on form, injury and what they both named last time out, I'm expecting something like:

Rebels: 15 Dane Haylett-Petty, 14 Jack Maddocks, 13 Tom English, 12 Billy Meakes, 11 Marika Koroibete, 10 Reece Hodge, 9 Michael Ruru, 8 Amanaki Mafi, 7 Colby Fainga’a, 6 Angus Cottrell, 5 Geoff Parling, 4 Matt Philip, 3 Jermaine Ainsley, 2 Anaru Rangi, 1 Fereti Sa’aga

Replacements: 16 Nathan Charles, 17 Tetera Faulkner, 18 Sam Talakai, 19 Sam Jeffries/Ross Haylett-Petty, 20 Lopeti Timani/Richard Hardwick, 21 Harrison Goddard/Frank Lomani, 22 Tayler Adams/Jack Debreczeni, 23 Sefanaia Naivalu

Waratahs: 15 Israel Folau, 14 Cam Clark, 13 Curtis Rona, 12 Kurtley Beale, 11 Taqele Naiyaravoro, 10 Bernard Foley, 9 Nick Phipps, 8 Michael Wells, 7 Will Miller, 6 Ned Hanigan, 5 Rob Simmons, 4 Jed Holloway, 3 Sekope Kepu, 2 Tolu Latu, 1 Tom Robertson

Replacements: 16 Damien Fitzpatrick, 17 Harry Johnson-Holmes, 18 Shambeckler Vui/Paddy Ryan, 19 Tom Staniforth, 20 Brad Wilkin/Maclean Jones/Lachlan Swinton, 21 Jake Gordon, 22 Lalakai Foketi, 23 Bryce Hegarty/Mack Mason

Judging by the footage of the Folau incident, I reckon there's a pretty good chance Hegarty will be starting at 15 for the Tahts.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I wouldn't mind Adams getting a start this week. He played pretty well there against the Force and has probably been training at 10 for the last three weeks. Also, it would allow for 12. Hodge, 13. English which I think has generally been our best mid-field pairing - with Meakes on the bench.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cant see Folau playing, but it is the World Rugby lottery after all, he might finish up with no YC and and a heartfelt apology from them.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Should be a cracker, looking forward to Naiyaravoro up against Koroibete or Maddocks. Now Latu is well and truly in form he could be the point of difference, the whole of the Tahs' front row is pretty strong.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
As a Rebels fan, id feel confident if Folau is suspended but believe it would be a ridiculous suspension if so.

Its a very even contest, Tahs will win the Aus conference no matter the result, with the draw they have in the remaining games but a win will secure the Rebs a finals spot. There's also a possibility that this fixture will happen again this season if Tahs jump the Lions overall and the Rebs move to 7th.

Im predicting the Rebels in a tight one, with a bonus point for the Tahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Izzy's hearing is 3pm tomorrow.

Will be quite the interesting verdict

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I think it will be a bit of nothing. He is being charged for getting two yellow cards equalling a red card rather than for either of the offences as neither was deemed to meet the red card threshold.

I think he'll get one week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.