• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
No, I have no post to make but from time to time I have seen posts that were about Sydney Colts, or parts of posts, in other threads and frankly I would like a bit of info myself about who are the up and comers and how the comp is going -- so go for it.

Please feel free to start a Brisbane Colt thread or one from elsewhere.

Cheers

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
For mine, the Colts standard in Sydney is down significantly on last year. Sydney Uni are nowhere near as strong. For mine, the 2009 Uni, Souths, Easts and Manly teams would win the 2010 competition.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
It's local derby week in the colts as some great clashes loom. Gordon v Norths, Manly v Warringah, Penrith v Parramatta, Randwick v Easts, Uni v Souths and Wests v Woodies.

My pick is the Woodies (4th) v Wests (2nd) game at TG Millner. Should be a great contest with the Woods winning their last five games in a row and in the process accumulating a points for and against in those games of 324 and 72 against. They are surely the form team in the comp.

Wests suffered only their second defeat of the season last week going down 27-24 to Easts and will be looking to get straight back into form. They do not have the services of fullback Alofa Alofa this week and his place has been taken by NSW 1 player Sam Muller.

I'm tipping a close game but at home I think the Woodies will get the money.

A

Albert

For mine, the Colts standard in Sydney is down significantly on last year. Sydney Uni are nowhere near as strong. For mine, the 2009 Uni, Souths, Easts and Manly teams would win the 2010 competition.

Agreed, Uni have slipped a little, but not much. They've got a few eligible Colts either playing grade or injured. Add Tom Kingston and Greg Jelly to their team come finals and they'll be strong. No Nick Phipps or Bernard Foley standard 9/10s this year makes a difference. They still boast several outstanding players though. I'm biased being a Joeys fan, but for me, Dave Hickey is a young bloke going places. He didn't make high rep honours at school, but he carried the Joeys forward pack many times, and looks to have secured a backrow spot with Uni Colts 1s. He can play 6,7 or 8 at the moment, and played hooker at Joeys (who traditionally prefer a fast and mobile 2). Keep an eye on him. Interesting to see what position he ends up as he develops.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Mnly have lost both Hoopers to grade, Alley to Grade, Jonathan Fakai to grade. BJ Hartmann has been injured all year and Pete Gilmour is playing on one leg. More recently they lost their whole frontrow as well as Harry Bergelin. It is a miracle Browny and Stu Wilson haven't topped themselves. They are in 6th and would agree with eyes and ears that they were alot stronger last year when Pete Gilmour was fully fit and Tom Kingston(as most know he was a manly academy player for several years) was playing for them.
Shouldn't gripe too much though as Jack Rowntree is playing for Manly.

U

Upright

Have seen a few games this year and have been impressed with the standard. Interesting to see boys overlooked at schoolboy level outperforming some others who carry a more substantial CV. Hope to see a few more games in what looks an even competition.

R

rugby_man

Wests suffered only their second defeat of the season last week going down 27-24 to Easts and will be looking to get straight back into form. They do not have the services of fullback Alofa Alofa this week and his place has been taken by NSW 1 player Sam Muller.

I'm suprised to see Sam Muller playing for Wests. Last time I checked, he was from out Mudgee way. Good pickup by Wests and he can play 10 or 15 and is quite a good player.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
A great game of footy. Wow! I want more of that! Ferocious defence and attacking strike power by both teams. And what beat the Woodies? A perfectly placed kick for his support. Well done boys from both teams. A great exhibition of running rugby!

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Good win for the Rats.
Manly missed Bergelin a lot. Rowntree very disappointing & was yellow carded. hingano came out to play & did so in all 3 grades.absolutely on fire, saved 3 tries in 1sts. back to the drawing board for the Marlins V disappointing.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Good win for the Rats.
Manly missed Bergelin a lot. Rowntree very disappointing & was yellow carded. hingano came out to play & did so in all 3 grades.absolutely on fire, saved 3 tries in 1sts. back to the drawing board for the Marlins V disappointing.

Who did Hingano play for? He has been involved with Manly previously.

B

bdp

Woodies Very unlucky , the ref did they know favours . Eastwood defending on there line for close to 20mins at stages were down to 14 to 13 men .

W

Wrinkled Rat

Migrations have started north and south of the narrabeen bridge yesterday but what was more interesting (other than a ratties win) was who were sitting in the respective camps just behind the benches, very very interesting and how funny was the respective banter between the inside backs in the 3rds..

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Woodies very unlucky, the ref did them no favours. Eastwood defending on their line for close to 20mins at stages were down to 14 to 13 men.

I would suggest the Woodies were extremely lucky not to have a penalty try awarded against them in the dying moments. How many scrums can a team collapse on their goal line before a ref loses his patience and heads to the sticks? Especially with time nearly up and their opponent 5 points down. The fact two Woodsmen were in the sin bin before justice prevailed says it all.

A

Albert

Easts smashed the Wicks. 17-14 at halftime, blow out in the 2nd half. Easts fly-half (James Michael?) looks a very good player. Easts locks also looked outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.