• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skullring

Hickey from Uni wouldn't come close to making this team, I'd have Geordie Mcsullea from uni though as the 8. Borula from Warringah as the half back, and possibly Wayne Borsak from Warringah there too as one of the props, couldnt see any stand out hookers this year as usually any great hookers would be shipped off to grade. Carmichael from Gordon is who i would have had flyhalf too, Informer. A boy who got very hard done by in schoolboy selections but will go far in club rugby.

A

Albert

Carmichael from Gordon is who i would have had flyhalf too, Informer. A boy who got very hard done by in schoolboy selections but will go far in club rugby.

Don't forget that Harry Bennett and Rohan Saifoloi would be eligible for this team. Both played colts at various stages this year, in amongst their grade games. Both would probably sit above Carmichael at the moment. This may change over coming years.

I might be biased, but I'd have Bryce Speechley from Randwick at 6, and possibly Ethan Ford at either fullback or wing. Ford can be deadly when it all clicks for him.

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Moyes is not a bad ref - but i'm not sure he's as good as the list of things you have quoted above. They make him sound really good..........

Never ever doubt me Baldingwingforward! Here are some links confirming Moyes's experience. I have not been able to find a link to his Sevens appointment but I am reliably informed that he and Andrew Lees are the nominated Aussie refs for the international circuit.

http://www.brumbies.com.au/act.rugby/page/39993
http://nswrra.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp?id=58259

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Don't forget that Harry Bennett and Rohan Saifoloi would be eligible for this team. Both played colts at various stages this year, in amongst their grade games. Both would probably sit above Carmichael at the moment. This may change over coming years.
Didn't Volavola also play Colts for Wests during the year? I would find it hard to leave out Gilmore (12) and Hartmann (15) from Manly?

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Never ever doubt me Baldingwingforward! Here are some links confirming Moyes's experience. I have not been able to find a link to his Sevens appointment but I am reliably informed that he and Andrew Lees are the nominated Aussie refs for the international circuit.[/url]

I don't think bwf was doubting you - he just meant that his CV makes him sound better than he is.

S

skullring

I might be biased, but I'd have Bryce Speechley from Randwick at 6, and possibly Ethan Ford at either fullback or wing. Ford can be deadly when it all clicks for him.
If it were a muck around game I'd put in Ethan FOrd and Dom Bower, but a match against hardened opponents and I'd hav to go back on that and put in some people I'd trust in bigger matches.
Deserving of a mention is a lot of the West Harbour backline. Interesting reading is West Harbour 3rd grade colts all star backline for round 18, which featured 10 Jack Debreczeni 11. Usaia O'Sullivan 13.Sam Ahofono, as well as featuring Sam Muller earlier in the year. Seem to have a relentess recruitment policy these days which surpasses even Sydney Uni.
If Cummins fits the criteria for this hypothetical team then he'd be one of the first second rowers picked, I can't realy justify the rap on Pinomi other than his impressive rep resume this year, and also Evan Olmstead the gordon captain deserves a mention too.

Props Beau Brummel from Souths and Will Hunting from Norths could certainly warrant a spot in the 22 just for their names alone

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Hickey from Uni wouldn't come close to making this team, I'd have Geordie Mcsullea from uni though as the 8. Borula from Warringah as the half back, and possibly Wayne Borsak from Warringah there too as one of the props, couldnt see any stand out hookers this year as usually any great hookers would be shipped off to grade. Carmichael from Gordon is who i would have had flyhalf too, Informer. A boy who got very hard done by in schoolboy selections but will go far in club rugby.

Borula is not even the best 9 @ the Rats.Borsak is too inconsistent, the other prop IMO much more effective.Rats 2 who also played a bit of 6 goes great. the tall winger played over his opposite in all the games I saw.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

The 6 played awesome in the games I saw him play. Can't agree with Ford, can be unbelievable with plenty of time & space, under pressure he is a different player IMO.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Props Beau Brummel from Souths and Will Hunting from Norths could certainly warrant a spot in the 22 just for their names alone[/QUOTE]

Definitely. Are you telling us there is a good Will Hunting at prop?

observer

Tom Lawton (22)
Eastwood are in the gf tomoz but no one has picked any of their players. What about 10 Blake Sutton? Hooker Tannous Ferris is another good player.

S

skullring

Blake Sutton's kicking game is impeccable and probably the best in the comp but the rest of his game needs a lot of improvement, he has the opportunity to prove me wrong on the weekend in the final however, and good luck to him. Bruce Satiu deserves a mention too, his leg drive at contact is very impressive, and will be an absolute powerhouse one day if he grows a little more.

P.s Yes sir, there's a good Will Hunting at prop. He deserves a place for inspirational purposes alone

U

Upright

Stand out players in Colts for me were:

Lamont - Uni prop busy player gets around the park well, maybe better at hooker?, Sayward 8 Wests - seemed to go OK on what i saw,McCaffery - 7 Gordon - strong player, Gilmore Manly at 12 (when fit) powerful runner, Kingston (13) Uni (was ill for a lot of the year hoping for a big 2011), Carmichael 10,Gordon, (has 2 years left in Colts if he wants, probably the best goal kicker in the comp as well) Hartmann 15 (Manly) excellent running and kicking game, Bruce Satiu (Eastwood) 13/14 strong all round game, Walker-9 Randwick, liked him although he sometimes seemed to run too much himself, Cummins - 5 West harbour,(Schools captain, although I think will be better with a seaon in Colts as it is more physical than schoolboy, but a good prospect, Selby 13 Warringah, direct runner

S

skullring

How many of colts age were playing grade this year?
from top of my head no team lists, sure to be dozens more from eastwood's dream team rep team that were 20 this year
volavola (wests)
Kotoni Ale (warringah)
Mick Hooper (Many)
Tim Bennetts (Eastwood)
Ben James (eastwood)
Luke jones (uni)
Scott-Flint(uni)

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
from top of my head no team lists, sure to be dozens more from eastwood's dream team rep team that were 20 this year
volavola (wests)
Kotoni Ale (warringah)
Mick Hooper (Many)
Tim Bennetts (Eastwood)
Ben James (eastwood)
Luke jones (uni)
Scott-Flint(uni)

There are heaps more - Jeloudev, Roberson (Uni), Woodhouse, Bennett, To'omua, Sipa, Tala Gray (Easts), Sills (Randwick), Peterson, Manu (Manly), Mitchell, McDougall, McCaffrey (Eastwood), Maile Latukefu (Parra). I am pretty sure a couple of the GF Souths Colts from last year played up this year as well. Don't forget JOC (James O'Connor) was Colts eligible this year and I am sure he will turn up at a Sydney Club in the future.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
volavola (wests)
Kotoni Ale (warringah)
Mick Hooper (Many)
Tim Bennetts (Eastwood)
Ben James (eastwood)
Luke jones (uni)
Scott-Flint(uni)

I think Ben James played League this year.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
There are heaps more - Jeloudev, Roberson (Uni), Woodhouse, Bennett, To'omua, Sipa, Tala Gray (Easts), Sills (Randwick), Peterson, Manu (Manly), Mitchell, McDougall, McCaffrey (Eastwood), Maile Latukefu (Parra). I am pretty sure a couple of the GF Souths Colts from last year played up this year as well. Don't forget JOC (James O'Connor) was Colts eligible this year and I am sure he will turn up at a Sydney Club in the future.

Yes Souths have Roos & Heather .Also quite a few from Wests including Lomax , Sio , Ferris , Hannam , Spitz , & Volavolva all of whom played some first grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.