• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

MACCA

Ron Walden (29)
Anyone know the award winners from the various Clubs ?
Randwicks, from the web site is below-

Colts First Grade Will Munro
Colts Second Grade Tim Murray
Colts Third Grade Epa Iosefa & Stuart McKenzie
Colts Player of the Year Tom Connor

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure there are too many ex Aust Schoolboys or NSW I or II are rocking around in 3rds colts.

Points system would be slightly redundant.

Guy Millar played in the Uni thirds colts grand final as he was coming back from a long injury break, so it can happen.

T

Tahboy

I have heard Norths are going hard and Uni are confident of Brogan Roods and Mark Baldwin joining them. Hope they have enough room with there points or maybe recruiting them for 3rd colts?

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Parramatta Two Blues Colts Awards:

Colts Player of the Year Ian Parkinson
Colts 1 Best+Fairest Nick Blacklock and Josh Whale
Colts 2 Best+Fairest Sam Shepherd
Colts Most Improved Player Matthew Popple
Colts Rookie of the Year Nick Georpalidis
Colts Leading Tryscorer Nick Blacklock
Colts Highest Pointscorer Dominic Graham

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Parramatta Two Blues Colts Awards:

Colts Player of the Year Ian Parkinson
Colts 1 Best+Fairest Nick Blacklock and Josh Whale
Colts 2 Best+Fairest Sam Shepherd
Colts Most Improved Player Matthew Popple
Colts Rookie of the Year Nick Georpalidis
Colts Leading Tryscorer Nick Blacklock
Colts Highest Pointscorer Dominic Graham

Thanks 2Blues Fan........any of these players above likely to be playing Colts again next year? Any of them a chance to go up and play Shute Shield in 2012?

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Thanks 2Blues Fan........any of these players above likely to be playing Colts again next year? Any of them a chance to go up and play Shute Shield in 2012?

As far as I know only Parkinson is definitely going to grade but possibly Blacklock too. But I am only a fan and not as well connected as others who sometimes frequent these forums and it is entirely possible that others such as Whale might fancy a go in the seniors as well. Parra has a nice group of talented young hookers coming through when you count Hoscher, Hewittson, Whale and Blacklock (who usually plays prop but is a more than competent number 2 as well). And then of course you couldn't call TPN old..... One characteristic that all these young guys share is that they are all fine young men as well as fine footballers.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)

Ian Parkinson has already played a couple of Shute Shield games I believe - maybe off the bench.

lreid

Bob McCowan (2)
Manly Marlins - Player of year Malie Hingano (12)
Coaches award Mitch Daniel (7)
Most improved Lachlan Beatty (4)
First colts Jordan Reid (8)
Second colts Adam Crerar (10)
Third colts Jake King (2)

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Are Mitch Daniel and Jordan Reid returning to Colts in 2012 or was 2011 their last year?

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Thanks. I was impressed by both. Did they have some sensational schoolboy CV or are they just good?

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Guy Millar played in the Uni thirds colts grand final as he was coming back from a long injury break, so it can happen.

Did he play in the front row in that game? (heard recently that he may now be looking to play further back in the pack - I always thought given his mobility that he could play at 6 or 8)

Informer

Ward Prentice (10)
I missed the game but believe he played no 8 on the day. I doubt he is looking to make a move and expect him to play a key role in the front row for Uni firsts colts in 2012. I would not be surprised if he got the call into grade during the season. He has to be a contender for the Australian under 20 squad which is hard to achieve playing colts. He looks fit and raring to go.

T

Tahboy

I saw Guy play in a third colts semi final and he played well at number 8 but he was too big too strong for the opposition and he has the perfect build for a prop and has the added advanatage of his mobility.
Rhys Brodie has gone back to Uni from Easts and he can still play Colts which may allow Miller to move to grade?
I guess it depends if there are spots open in the higher grades for Miller to move into or maybe he might have to play colts as there is nowhere else for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.