• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stands

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Who is playing for who in 2012? Which schoolboys will make the grade? Colts is different from schools rugby how will they play will they survive or will they opt to play with their mates in old boys or subbies?

T

Tahboy

Southern districts are looking to get there colts back up there In 2012 and Norths are getting some mention but both clubs are coming from a long way back
Randwick have an excellent programme in place and have 12 of there starting 15 from the finals team returning so they will be a major force. I would think Eastwood are losing a lot of there 1st colts to grade and Gordon 1st colts finished 2011 very strongly
Uni will be Uni and will destroy more careers than make careers
I guess the big question is will Penrith field more than 3rd colts and will parramatta field 3 teams
Any word on coaches for Colts?
Be good to have a qld v Sydney 1st colts championship game

R

Robert lui

Manly fell away in the back end of the season. Easts had major in house blues. Randwick look to have got there act together. Any history if the 1st colts coaches. It will be interesting to see where players look to head post hsc. Any ideas on aust school player movements

T

Tahboy

I believe Randwick 1st colts coaches are backing up in 2012. What happened at Easts?

R

Robert lui

Easts were a shambles and couldn't pay players they attracted to colts- randwick had a review last week and from what I hear the club is moving forward. How much influence does the nts have on hsc school leavers :yay

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Can any of you back anything up? Norths, are you serious? I am good mates with one of their 1st colts parents this year who couldn't believe the players didn't have any skin in the game. He speaks to Simon Kerr a couple of times a week so I wonder where any of this shit is coming from. If you heard from a friend of a friend about some apparent move in ones coaching dont post unless you actually have some knowledge of what is really going on.

T

Tahboy

What is meant by Norths having there act together?
They were a rabble this season and had players leave such as Seb MCGuigan to Randwick and he had a great game in the semi final against Uni and looked fit which he wasn't at Norths
Jake Guillfoyle the NSW Schools hooker has joined Randwick and is a Southern Districts junior so maybe Souths spent more time on 1st grade and less time on the club.

young gun

Fred Wood (13)
Can any of you back anything up? Norths, are you serious? I am good mates with one of their 1st colts parents this year who couldn't believe the players didn't have any skin in the game. He speaks to Simon Kerr a couple of times a week so I wonder where any of this shit is coming from. If you heard from a friend of a friend about some apparent move in ones coaching dont post unless you actually have some knowledge of what is really going on.

Lily

I had an, un-offical, ie: spectators, interest in Norths Colts this year and was surprised as to how poorly they went, especially late in the season. Just interested in your comment as to "... the players didn't have any skin in the game..." In what way did you mean?

T

Tahboy

Easts have been paying Colts for years
Such a bad way to operate. Pay fees etc but not money to spend at the Sheaf on a Saturday night.

Slash

Bill Watson (15)
Easts have been paying Colts for years
Such a bad way to operate. Pay fees etc but not money to spend at the Sheaf on a Saturday night.

Oh they pay money....dont worry about that. I know of players at Easts who received 5K in recent years to play Colts.....and dont ask. I will not name the players.

T

Tahboy

Easts paying 5k is not unusual
$200 a game is the norm for some players
This just sends out a poor message and don't they have faith in selling their training programmes and coaches and club in general to attract players?
I know some returning 1st colts won't be returning in 2012

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Easts paying 5k is not unusual
$200 a game is the norm for some players
This just sends out a poor message and don't they have faith in selling their training programmes and coaches and club in general to attract players?
I know some returning 1st colts won't be returning in 2012

Because they won't be in the 1s next year? Examples?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Lily

I had an, un-offical, ie: spectators, interest in Norths Colts this year and was surprised as to how poorly they went, especially late in the season. Just interested in your comment as to "... the players didn't have any skin in the game..." In what way did you mean?

It's essentially a financial term. A person who has skin in the game has invested in the company they are running. The problem is that most players haven't really any desire to put their bodies on the line when they have a pre-game belief that they will lose anyway. Most colts players work out early that although they may have been stars of their first fifteens, they aren't any good and why get injured if you are going to lose.
Also the coaching set up needs to improve. Have a look at the programs from 2009 and 2010 and you will see how many have fled Norths.

Status
Not open for further replies.