• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Well done the Students - and Go the Shoremen - wish I had been there, must have been a cracking game.
Norths have done so well across the grades this year. Congratulations to everyone involved.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Great game. Norths led 21-7 with about 8 mins to go. Uni scored and got a penalty try after the bell to force extra time. Uni got an unconverted try to win, but a draw would have been a fair result. Well played Norths. One of the best games I've seen in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bismarck

Herbert Moran (7)
Definitely a game of two halves! Norths dominated in the first half, with big forward play, pilfers and the run of the play. Conversely, Uni looked flat. It was only in the last twenty minutes of the game that the Uni forwards kicked in and started dominating. Great result for them to claw back to force extra time. The Norths boys looked spent.

Great game. Great grand final. Great result.

This 1st Colts team is undefeated which I understand hasn't happened for 12 years or so at Sydney Uni ?

ReggieJackson

Frank Row (1)
^^^
I know Uni beat a Norths 1st Colts team in 2003 with a penalty from the sideline after the final hooter, to go through the season undefeated.

Wasn't there yesterday but heard it was a great game. Uni fwds were just too strong at the end of the game.

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
I thoughts Norths were outstanding at the breakdown for the first 60-70 minutes and disrupted and slowed down so much Uni ball.

The Uni scrum was dominant all day and the decision to replace James Margan with 10 minutes to go will haunt the Norths management - the scrum was decimated in the last 10 minutes and in extra time directly leading to the last 2 tries.

Norths lineout was awesome as it has been all year.

Both sets of backs a little disappointing in attack particularly some of the passing skills.

Norths would consider themselves unlucky but Uni were undefeated all year and deserved to come out on top at the end IMO.

Bismarck

Herbert Moran (7)
Agree with Margan substitute, small prop who punches above his weight. Hard to say whether him coming off was the difference because the guy who came on looked massive.

Uni line out was missing Nick De Crespigny , no 1 caller and jumper- makes a difference but Norths were certainly strong. In fact at the 78 minute mark were ahead so more than strong! Interesting to see how these boys slot into Grade next year.

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
I think you will find Margan was replaced with 10 to go and then his replacement was bought off and replaced with the massive guy during extra time - but the damage had been done.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
I think you will find Margan was replaced with 10 to go and then his replacement was bought off and replaced with the massive guy during extra time - but the damage had been done.
Margin had done ligaments in his ankle last week and nothing was going to stop him playing yesterday. He did very well playing the 60 mins he did with his injury. Fantastic player and showed yesterday his heart is huge. An excellent game by all players providing nail biting entertainment for all.

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)

Margan shouldn't have been played and medically had to come off. So no haunting for the North's management at all as duty of care is a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.